Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

28 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Arguably not, but you could also say that there's nobody with more divisive tactics or goals than the BLM movement. Their stated goals are extremely problematic and most people are starting to realise it. The Oxford BLM leader is a massive racist herself, as well as being batshit ****ing mental (Sasha Johnson, google her). It's very interesting to see that the PL has now switched back to No Room for Racism with Kick It Out. I'd prefer it if we stopped importing America's political hysteria over here personally.

I thought it was hilarious that in the build up to the WBA game we had two former footballers speaking in vague platitudes about BLM and the issue of racism in our society, not exactly sure what they were saying the whole time. After that there was 10 mins of build up the the football match! I don't watch Sky Sports for informative debate on racism, but if they really insist they could get two people with some knowledge and substance on the matter. 

I wonder if they're going to give up on taking the knee? I could have understood if that was a one time thing, it'd have been such an impactful statement. What are they going to do now? Indefinitely take the knee until racism ends? Well they'll be taking the knee for a long time in that case. It loses its meaning and just becomes another triviality before watching football. 

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Arguably not, but you could also say that there's nobody with more divisive tactics or goals than the BLM movement. Their stated goals are extremely problematic and most people are starting to realise it. The Oxford BLM leader is a massive racist herself, as well as being batshit ****ing mental (Sasha Johnson, google her). It's very interesting to see that the PL has now switched back to No Room for Racism with Kick It Out. I'd prefer it if we stopped importing America's political hysteria over here personally.

The stated goals of BLM UK may be problematic. The ones of the same organisation in the US certainly are not. It's unfortunate that folks are often using that a an excuse to overlook the problem entirely.

I do understand the idea that US politics doesn't have much to do with the UK in this respect, but there's fundraising and talking heads giving discussion on various humanitarian issues around the world in the UK all the time - and I'd actually argue that, given the scope, the way people of colour are seen and treated by a fair amount of the US state apparatus might well qualify as a humanitarian issue.

Edited by leicsmac

28 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The stated goals of BLM UK may be problematic. The ones of the same organisation in the US certainly are not. It's unfortunate that folks are often using that a an excuse to overlook the problem entirely.

I do understand the idea that US politics doesn't have much to do with the UK in this respect, but there's fundraising and talking heads giving discussion on various humanitarian issues around the world in the UK all the time - and I'd actually argue that, given the scope, the way people of colour are seen and treated by a fair amount of the US state apparatus might well qualify as a humanitarian issue.

You have to be kidding right? 

BLM in America is nothing but a hardcore Marxist movement hell bent on Anarchy and chaos for no other reason than to destabilise and create panic for the gains of the left. 

I didn't reply to your previous post because I'm trying not to get to involved in all this for my own mental wellbeing. 

But... 

You mentioned "systemic racism" I have seen and heard this a lot, but there is no actual evidence for it. 

The only racism comes from democratic policies, destroying the nuclear family, look at the democratic policy to reward single black mothers, they are actually encouraged to not have a farther in the house, its insane to me that anyone could vote for the left when they come out with policies like that. 

Also look at the people in the movement in the US, look at the 7 scumbags arrested in New York last week and tell me they give on ioata of a shit about racism.

5 minutes ago, Cujek said:

BLM in America is nothing but a hardcore Marxist movement hell bent on Anarchy and chaos for no other reason than to destabilise and create panic for the gains of the left. 

I didn't reply to your previous post because I'm trying not to get to involved in all this for my own mental wellbeing. 

But... 

You mentioned "systemic racism" I have seen and heard this a lot, but there is no actual evidence for it. 

The only racism comes from democratic policies, destroying the nuclear family, look at the democratic policy to reward single black mothers, they are actually encouraged to not have a farther in the house, its insane to me that anyone could vote for the left when they come out with policies like that. 

Also look at the people in the movement in the US, look at the 7 scumbags arrested in New York last week and tell me they give on ioata of a shit about racism.

Didn’t know Ben Shapiro frequented FoxesTalk!

BEN is hated by the extreme left who claim that he is extreme right who also hate him, he is a white Jewish conservative male who is married with children, he is so extreme right he still lives with them. (one of the aims of the political group BLM is to break up the western family unit). He is pro life and believes that the are two genders and having ones bits chopped off doesn't change ones gender. 

5 minutes ago, Cujek said:

not sure who that is tbh.

Some equally inclined to speak about ‘the Left’ as some hivemind bloc devoted to a conspiracy to take down ‘the West’. 

The idea that America is some welfare state is one of the more fanciful things I’ve heard today. The current ‘left’ Presidential candidate doesn’t even support universal healthcare.

Just now, twoleftfeet said:

BEN is hated by the extreme left who claim that he is extreme right who also hate him, he is a white Jewish conservative male who is married with children, he is so extreme right he still lives with them. (one of the aims of the political group BLM is to break up the western family unit). He is pro life and believes that the are two genders and having ones bits chopped off doesn't change ones gender. 

He did also call Andrew Neil a ‘leftist’. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Some equally inclined to speak about ‘the Left’ as some hivemind bloc devoted to a conspiracy to take down ‘the West’. 

The idea that America is some welfare state is one of the more fanciful things I’ve heard today. The current ‘left’ Presidential candidate doesn’t even support universal healthcare.

Because he knows its just another thing he would get wrecked on. 

Most democratic voters wouldn't have a clue what his actual policies are, they just hate Trump. 

I mean they don't know what Trumps policies are either but ya know, HE'S A RACIST RARRGGGHH.

Edit : having watched the Ben Shapiro video, I'm pretty sure he is just a douche bag no one likes. 

Edited by Cujek

3 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Most democratic voters wouldn't have a clue what his actual policies are, they just hate Trump. 

I mean they don't know what Trumps policies are either but ya know, HE'S A RACIST RARRGGGHH.

Edit : having watched the Ben Shapiro video, I'm pretty sure he is just a douche bag no one likes. 

Ben Shapiro is one of the most influential voices of the American Right, he’s far from someone who ‘no one likes’. And I’m not surprised a lot of their voters are anti-Trump, he’s been an extremely poor President all-in-all. 

Are BLM a bad organisation? I think that’s  an argument to be had, but they certainly haven’t they showered themselves in glory. The idea, however, that the American Democrats are some Far Left Party is ridiculously stupid, if they achieved all their objectives under current leadership they’d have the fraction of the welfare many European countries have, and you’ll still have folks over there paying $15,000 for an ambulance ride to hospital. 

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

tHe LeFt = anyone that doesn't agree with me.

The left are supposed to be Liberal, yet spew some of the most vile hatred that you can see anywhere. 

You also can't debate with the left cos they are always correct no matter what. 

If (God forbid, and he won't) Biden won, you would not see Repuplicans burning his effigy or wishing death upon him like you see the left in America doing towards Trump, thankfully these days they are very vocal minority.

4 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Ben Shapiro is one of the most influential voices of the American Right, he’s far from someone who ‘no one likes’. And I’m not surprised a lot of their voters are anti-Trump, he’s been an extremely poor President all-in-all. 

Are BLM a bad organisation? I think that’s  an argument to be had, but they certainly haven’t they showered themselves in glory. The idea, however, that the American Democrats are some Far Left Party is ridiculously stupid, if they achieved all their objectives under current leadership they’d have the fraction of the welfare many European countries have, and you’ll still have folks over there paying $15,000 for an ambulance ride to hospital. 

Not sure how he wouldn't just grate people with that voice. 

Trump has been a great president imo, he isn't as far right as the guys in that video are talking about. 

He certainly isn't racist. 

I think with Trump you get what you see, he says what he thinks, which is sometimes hard to swallow because the way he says it is a bit odd. 

Not all of the Democrats are far left of course not, but some are, they are the scary ones. 

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

The left are supposed to be Liberal, yet spew some of the most vile hatred that you can see anywhere. 

If (God forbid, and he won't) Biden won, you would not see Repuplicans burning his effigy or wishing death upon him like you see the left in America doing towards Trump, thankfully these days they are very vocal minority.

Who the hell are ‘the left‘? You’re talking in such broad terms that reach from social democracy believing in welfare reforms in a capitalist system to hardcore collectivist Stalinism, there’s often more infighting between them than between those individual factions and ‘the right’. Are you happy to be thrown in with White Supremacists and the KKK as part of ‘the Right’? 

And we don’t know what will happen if Biden wins, there’s more heavily armed militias on the right than on the left so I certainly wouldn’t rule violent action out. 

2 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Not sure how he wouldn't just grate people with that voice. 

Trump has been a great president imo, he isn't as far right as the guys in that video are talking about. 

He certainly isn't racist. 

I think with Trump you get what you see, he says what he thinks, which is sometimes hard to swallow because the way he says it is a bit odd. 

Not all of the Democrats are far left of course not, but some are, they are the scary ones. 

What has Trump achieved in his Presidency to make him a great president? He’s done better than any far left agitator to polarise and destabilise the country as far as I can see, and as we’re seeing now his economic policy isn’t exactly successful.

37 minutes ago, Cujek said:

But... 

Firstly, as responding seemingly took effort on your part, I thank you for taking the time and effort.

There is systemic racism in the criminal justice system explained right here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/opinions/systemic-racism-police-evidence-criminal-justice-system/

(To save time, please look past that it's been published by the Post and look at the studies themselves - all citable, in-depth and reliable. And in great number.

WRT families, why exactly should a black single mother suffer simply because the father skipped out as he couldn't hack raising a child? I know it takes two to tango but sometimes those encounters aren't consensual and contraception isn't perfect.

The BLM protests have been largely peaceful (if you want me to I can cite figures) and the violence certainly is counterproductive - the ballot box is the best place to dissent, provided such votes are fair and free.

15 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Well, I'm not American and as such I'm not a Dem voter, but if policy is the topic:

- Repealing the Climate Action plan and pulling out of the Paris Agreement - a probable net long term negative for the majority of people in both the US and the world

- Gutting the EPA including rewriting existing environmental protection laws, approving two new oil pipelines, proposing reviews of the Clean Water and Clean Power plans and planning to allow oil drilling in all offshore areas - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US.

- Selling national park land for "development", read: drilling - a probable short term negative for the majority of people in the US

- Approving Supreme Court judges that give a clear message to individual states that Roe v Wade is possible to be challenged at some point in the new future - a possible long term negative for the majority of people in the US, provided the majority of people in the US are for abortion rights (which at the present time they are).

- Seeking to replace the Affordable Care Act (which is by no means brilliant itself) with a purely market-based system that would still impoverish a great many people simply because they were unlucky enough to get sick or injured - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US

No need to mention race policy at all, and that's just a few of the policies that aren't exactly favourable.

1 minute ago, Cujek said:

Nah, they'll just "lynch" him as they did with his predecessor - because, you know, he was the first black President in history and we can't be having that. (Pictures easily available via any search engine for proof if it is needed.)

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It's hard to see BLM as much more than just the next incarnation of ANTIFA anarchist twats, with a smattering of Black supremancy.

Don't get me started on critical race theory. 

Being treated equally by the state isn't a zero-sum game.

Not entirely sure why folks think the goal here is overall supremacy (outside of a few wingnuts) apart from those people thinking that if they were in the same position that's exactly what they themselves would do.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Who the hell are ‘the left‘? You’re talking in such broad terms that reach from social democracy believing in welfare reforms in a capitalist system to hardcore collectivist Stalinism, there’s often more infighting between them than between those individual factions and ‘the right’. Are you happy to be thrown in with White Supremacists and the KKK as part of ‘the Right’? 

And we don’t know what will happen if Biden wins, there’s more heavily armed militias on the right than on the left so I certainly wouldn’t rule violent action out. 

What has Trump achieved in his Presidency to make him a great president? He’s done better than any far left agitator to polarise and destabilise the country as far as I can see, and as we’re seeing now his economic policy isn’t exactly successful.

Of course I would lump the kkk and white supremisicts in with the right?!? 

But they are not the ones looting, rioting and murdering police officers, no extremists have a place in the modern world. 

The left by its very nature allows this stuff to happen, it suits their narrative. 

Trump has created almost 4 million jobs since election, economic growth of 4.2%, African American unemployment at its lowest rate ever... 

I could go on, there is a lot. 

People just don't like him and are very vocal about, I don't think that people should be burning effergies of him and issuing death threats, that is not exactly a tolerant Liberal society is it? 

10 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Firstly, as responding seemingly took effort on your part, I thank you for taking the time and effort.

There is systemic racism in the criminal justice system explained right here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/opinions/systemic-racism-police-evidence-criminal-justice-system/

(To save time, please look past that it's been published by the Post and look at the studies themselves - all citable, in-depth and reliable. And in great number.

WRT families, why exactly should a black single mother suffer simply because the father skipped out as he couldn't hack raising a child? I know it takes two to tango but sometimes those encounters aren't consensual and contraception isn't perfect.

The BLM protests have been largely peaceful (if you want me to I can cite figures) and the violence certainly is counterproductive - the ballot box is the best place to dissent, provided such votes are fair and free.

Well, I'm not American and as such I'm not a Dem voter, but if policy is the topic:

- Repealing the Climate Action plan and pulling out of the Paris Agreement - a probable net long term negative for the majority of people in both the US and the world

- Gutting the EPA including rewriting existing environmental protection laws, approving two new oil pipelines, proposing reviews of the Clean Water and Clean Power plans and planning to allow oil drilling in all offshore areas - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US.

- Selling national park land for "development", read: drilling - a probable short term negative for the majority of people in the US

- Approving Supreme Court judges that give a clear message to individual states that Roe v Wade is possible to be challenged at some point in the new future - a possible long term negative for the majority of people in the US, provided the majority of people in the US are for abortion rights (which at the present time they are).

- Seeking to replace the Affordable Care Act (which is by no means brilliant itself) with a purely market-based system that would still impoverish a great many people simply because they were unlucky enough to get sick or injured - a probable long term negative for the majority of people in the US

No need to mention race policy at all, and that's just a few of the policies that aren't exactly favourable.

Nah, they'll just "lynch" him as they did with his predecessor - because, you know, he was the first black President in history and we can't be having that. (Pictures easily available via any search engine for proof if it is needed.)

Being treated equally by the state isn't a zero-sum game.

Not entirely sure why folks think the goal here is overall supremacy (outside of a few wingnuts) apart from those people thinking that if they were in the same position that's exactly what they themselves would do.

I appreciate your post and the sources cited. 

Unfortunalty I can't take the Washington Post as an unbiased source, its as about as far left as you can get without calling people who buy it comrade. 

Whilst I agree with some Liberal views, for instance I think that people should be free to chose what they like and shouldn't be intolerant against anyone, racism is abhorrent and I don't really understand it. 

I'm not going to dissect your entire post. Like I said i didn't want to get to deep into all this because it really does mess with my head, I worry so much what this world is becoming.

10 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Of course I would lump the kkk and white supremisicts in with the right?!? 

But they are not the ones looting, rioting and murdering police officers, no extremists have a place in the modern world. 

The left by its very nature allows this stuff to happen, it suits their narrative. 

Trump has created almost 4 million jobs since election, economic growth of 4.2%, African American unemployment at its lowest rate ever... 

I could go on, there is a lot. 

People just don't like him and are very vocal about, I don't think that people should be burning effergies of him and issuing death threats, that is not exactly a tolerant Liberal society is it? 

Aren’t unemployment rates through the roof over in the States at the minute? Covid has its hand in it but the lack of worker protection plays into it as well. 

Don’t a good portion of mass shooters in the State often admit far right views? That Dylan Roof fella who shot up the black Baptist Church and the guy who did the shooting in Texas against ‘immigrants’? Have they not killed many more than BLM and ANTIFA? 

Trump’s legacy is riots, mass unemployment and polarisation unless something drastic happens. 

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Biden will be a particularly inspiring President, at least better than Trump however. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cujek said:

I appreciate your post and the sources cited. 

Unfortunalty I can't take the Washington Post as an unbiased source, its as about as far left as you can get without calling people who buy it comrade. 

Whilst I agree with some Liberal views, for instance I think that people should be free to chose what they like and shouldn't be intolerant against anyone, racism is abhorrent and I don't really understand it. 

I'm not going to dissect your entire post. Like I said i didn't want to get to deep into all this because it really does mess with my head, I worry so much what this world is becoming.

As I said, the article is just a Wiki of sorts and the sources themselves are solid.

However, I can certainly appreciate not having the spoons for a detailed discussion, and I also share your worry about the way the world is headed, though I think from a rather different direction.

Enjoy your day and here's hoping for three points for City come Sunday. :scarf:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-54203722

A boss is giving his staff £10m as a thank-you to mark his retirement.

The gift from Admiral's Chief Executive David Stevens and his wife Heather will be shared between 7,500 staff in south Wales and 3,000 overseas.

Full-time workers will get £1,000 with part-time staff receiving £500.

Mr Stevens, who co-founded the Cardiff-based motor insurance company with his wife in 1991, said he was "proud and fortunate to have worked with a such a special group of people".

"Saying thank you to all Admiral staff in this way is the right thing to do," he said.

"Their hard work and dedication has allowed Admiral to grow from a start-up to over 11,000 staff worldwide.

"And all of this while remaining a great place to work. Thank you from myself and my wife to everyone at Admiral."

It follows a similar gesture by former chief executive - and fellow co-founder - Henry Engelhardt who gave a £1,000 retirement thank you to full-time staff back in 2016, which at the time came to about £7m.

Mr Stevens is being succeeded as chief executive by Milena Mondini de Focatilis.

Admiral was launched selling car insurance over the phone in Cardiff with a team of just 57.

Its other UK offices are in Swansea and Newport, with overseas sites in Spain, Italy, France, Canada, the US and India.

:appl:

3 hours ago, Cujek said:

Where do you get the liberal to be left from?Once upon a time,not so long ago,your average Labour voter would’ve had quite radical views on economic policy.Yet a very conservative outlook on life in general.Like hard lines on crime immigration and the family unit etc.Transgender issues and the like would come in at 10000th on the list of priorities.Hardly liberal views are they?Yet you have fallen for the trap.Just like the current Labour Party have.

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54197250

Another day, another accusation of being a sex pest.

I'd say Biden should bring all of the women who have accused Trump of assault to the front row of the last debate with Trump. That way trump wouldnt be able to bring the people who have accused biden of being too close (creepy uncle styles). Sigh, these are the times we are in with the candidates available .