Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

Mining is crazy powerful in WA that is for sue.

they rule the state... last election the government wanted to intcrease a tax that had been the same ($0.25 per tonne) since the 70's. Quite simply the Miners targetted and removed from parliament a decent country rep... simply by telling their employees who to vote for and by spending literal MILLIONS $ on advertising... so the tax remains the same.. the state is ripped off and the company make BILLIONS 

25 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Please explain.. what science exactly?

You're either born with a penis or a vagina. We have male or female chromosomes.

Like I said, people will disagree, but biologically there's 2 genders.;)

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

This country is ****ed, I can't be arsed with it.

Lewis Hamilton now calling for all racist symbols to be removed, while driving for the same car company that provided Hitlers mob with vehicles...

A lot of people I know are taking a break from social media atm, it's just so toxic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lewis Hamilton now calling for all racist symbols to be removed, while driving for the same car company that provided Hitlers mob with vehicles...

Yeah but he's an idiot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You're either born with a penis or a vagina. We have male or female chromosomes.

Like I said, people will disagree, but biologically there's 2 genders.;)

so, if by chance you were to slip and cut your penis off... you would become non gendered/.. but that doesnt work, as there are only two right?

So penis = man... no penis = woman?

14 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The Pyramids were not built by slaves, they were built my peasants whose lands were flooded - so actually a positive project providing work during off season.

That old chestnut. Never seen 10000 bc

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Best get rid of Brave New World as a book - racist caricatures despite its message. Ditto Gullivers Travels. 

Let's get revising history properly lads.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

There are other ways of maintaining legacies and recording history than keeping statues. It's disingenuous to suggest that removing statues will be some kind of slippery slope to an Orwellian erasure of history.

I'm still looking for a good reason from someone to maintain statues of people with bad legacies beyond tacit approval of what that person did.

I know this was probably deliberate hyperbole, but... :D

2 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

so, if by chance you were to slip and cut your penis off... you would become non gendered/.. but that doesnt work, as there are only two right?

So penis = man... no penis = woman?

No, because you were born with it and you have male chromosomes. So you're biologically a man.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

A lot of people I know are taking a break from social media atm, it's just so toxic.

If you think needing to take a break from social media because a few virtuous celebrities are speaking nonsense means that the country is ****ed then I dread to think how you'd feel if you were a Labour supporting, remain voter like many on here. Or of course living in one of the hundreds of countries on this planet that doesn't have it half as good as we do.

I get that your comment is tongue in cheek, or at least I hope it is, but it really could be a lot worse. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What i couldn't work out was what was Raheem Sterling actually insinuating by talking about the lack of black managers and coaches in football. Is he saying that football clubs are racist by not giving black people an opportunity to work for them or is he saying that black managers and coaches are not very good else they would be better represented.

Just now, David Guiza said:

If you think needing to take a break from social media because a few virtuous celebrities are speaking nonsense means that the country is ****ed then I dread to think how you'd feel if you were a Labour supporting, remain voter like many on here. Or of course living in one of the hundreds of countries on this planet that doesn't have it half as good as we do.

I get that your comment is tongue in cheek, or at least I hope it is, but it really could be a lot worse. 

Of course it was half tongue in cheek Jesus Christ.

I also hope your Labour supporting, remain voter comment was tongue in cheek? At least I hope it is, as it could be a lot worse...

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No, because you were born with it and you have male chromosomes. So you're biologically a man.

...and chromosomes are a method everyone is able to use on sight in order to determine the sex of another human being and thus it is the ultimate arbiter of what sex is and means, overriding every other factor?

In any case, open any biology journal beyond, say, GCSE level and it is obvious that chromosomal data is more complex than a simple binary anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

so, if they dont have "male" chromosomes... they are?

Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.... Gender, typically described in terms of masculinity and femininity, is a social construction

Above from the WHO https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

So, Science says the opposite to what you say... on the good side, you like science so you are free to change your mind and beliefs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...and chromosomes are a method everyone is able to use on sight in order to determine the sex of another human being and thus it is the ultimate arbiter of what sex is and means, overriding every other factor?

In any case, open any biology journal beyond, say, GCSE level and it is obvious that chromosomal data is more complex than a simple binary anyway.

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

so, if they dont have "male" chromosomes... they are?

Most women are 46XX and most men are 46XY. Research suggests, however, that in a few births per thousand some individuals will be born with a single sex chromosome (45X or 45Y) (sex monosomies) and some with three or more sex chromosomes (47XXX, 47XYY or 47XXY, etc.) (sex polysomies). In addition, some males are born 46XX due to the translocation of a tiny section of the sex determining region of the Y chromosome. Similarly some females are also born 46XY due to mutations in the Y chromosome. Clearly, there are not only females who are XX and males who are XY, but rather, there is a range of chromosome complements, hormone balances, and phenotypic variations that determine sex.... Gender, typically described in terms of masculinity and femininity, is a social construction

Above from the WHO https://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html

So, Science says the opposite to what you say... on the good side, you like science so you are free to change your mind and beliefs.

I mean you're either born with a vagina or a penis, so it's pretty irrevant how masculine or feminine you are. Biologically you're born a male or a female, regardless of how your mind feels about it.

I said I'd get stick for the post, I should have known better than to post it.

Only women can have periods, I stand by JK Rowlings statement.

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Best get rid of Brave New World as a book - racist caricatures despite its message. Ditto Gullivers Travels. 

Let's get revising history properly lads.

I understand that there have been some ridiculous comments made by a handful of people/groups in the aftermath of the Colston statue incident on Sunday, but why does this always seem to happen whenever the left say or do anything remotely controversial? Regardless of your opinion on criminal damage, surely you can see why a statue that was dedicated to a notorious slave trader that was displayed in one of England's biggest and most prominent cities upset a few people? Surely you can tell the difference between a putting a man on a literal pedestal in a city centre is a hugely different to a piece of literature? 

I get that cancel culture is frustrating, and at times downright moronic, but that doesn't mean that the genuine acts of historical importance like the statue being torn down aren't important and justified. Almost every single human being that has ever lived is both good and bad. Churchill, Mother Teresa, Gandhi are some of the most iconic faces of history, but every single one of them is surrounded by controversy. Can we not acknowledge that ultimately their time on Earth almost certainly warrants celebration, but also they are not free or immune to criticism either. Colston however, regardless of his charity work, was seemingly an awful human being who did not deserve a statue 400+ years after his death, society has moved on and his actions should now be wholly condemned, even if they were legal at the time. 

The extremes on the 'right' really need to accept that Churchill and co deserve criticism and the extremes on the 'left' need to accept that they cannot change every single aspect of history and the present to suit their nirvana view of the world. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What i couldn't work out was what was Raheem Sterling actually insinuating by talking about the lack of black managers and coaches in football. Is he saying that football clubs are racist by not giving black people an opportunity to work for them or is he saying that black managers and coaches are not very good else they would be better represented.

**** knows! If you're a good enough coach you'll get recognised and you'll be given a good job. What chairman is going to say I'd rather have a white manager/coach, win nothing and make no money, rather than having a successful black coach who wins trophies.

Again as I've said before, we as a country, but even sports like football have come a long long way in a short space of time. It wasn't too long ago we had bananas thrown ago the pitch regularly for Christ sake, but thankfully incidents like that are rare now. Still a lot that we can improve on, but we are a lot more tolarent as a whole than we were just a few years ago, long may it continue.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I mean you're either born with a vagina or a penis, so it's pretty irrevant how masculine or feminine you are. Biologically you're born a male or a female, regardless of how your mind feels about it.

So its not science then?.. the scientific evidence shows that there are variations to the "biology"....did you even read the info?

You arent getting stick, you are being informed about an erroneous belief that is not based in any scientific fact.

oh... and....so if you dont have periods, you are not a woman?

Ill be sure to let my wife know... apparently being a mature human who has ceased to menstruate makes you some other gender.. even though there are only two.

• Haha 1

Just now, ozleicester said:

So its not science then?.. the scientific evidence shows that there are variations to the "biology"....did you even read the info?

You arent getting stick, you are being informed about an erroneous belief that is not based in any scientific fact.

oh... and....so if you dont have periods, you are not a woman?

Ill be sure to let my wife know... apparently being a mature human who has ceased to menstruate makes you some other gender.. even though there are only two.

Jesus Christlollollollol

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Of course it was half tongue in cheek Jesus Christ.

I also hope your Labour supporting, remain voter comment was tongue in cheek? At least I hope it is, as it could be a lot worse...

Clearly, yes. However, I am somewhat fed up of the countless Tory Brexiteers complaining about everyone being against them when the evidence clearly suggest that it's utter horse s*it. Imagine getting Brexit, whenever that may be, having the largest majority Government in decades and still thinking that the world and his wife are against you, it's utter nonsense and so so tiresome to see.

Social media has given so many people a complex because they surround themselves by like-minded people and then when they see news stories that doesn't suit the agenda of them and their followers they assume that the world has gone mad and the entirety of the media is against them, in spite of the fact that most of the most circulated newspapers in Britain are largely on their side. I have been just as bad in the past, but I try to not engage where possible and follow as many conflicting news outlets, politicians, commentators etc as possible. Sure I end up getting annoyed by the likes of Priti Patel and Guido Fawkes, but it helps to give me far greater balance and understanding, even if I almost never agree with them. 

4 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I understand that there have been some ridiculous comments made by a handful of people/groups in the aftermath of the Colston statue incident on Sunday, but why does this always seem to happen whenever the left say or do anything remotely controversial? Regardless of your opinion on criminal damage, surely you can see why a statue that was dedicated to a notorious slave trader that was displayed in one of England's biggest and most prominent cities upset a few people? Surely you can tell the difference between a putting a man on a literal pedestal in a city centre is a hugely different to a piece of literature? 

I get that cancel culture is frustrating, and at times downright moronic, but that doesn't mean that the genuine acts of historical importance like the statue being torn down aren't important and justified. Almost every single human being that has ever lived is both good and bad. Churchill, Mother Teresa, Gandhi are some of the most iconic faces of history, but every single one of them is surrounded by controversy. Can we not acknowledge that ultimately their time on Earth almost certainly warrants celebration, but also they are not free or immune to criticism either. Colston however, regardless of his charity work, was seemingly an awful human being who did not deserve a statue 400+ years after his death, society has moved on and his actions should now be wholly condemned, even if they were legal at the time. 

The extremes on the 'right' really need to accept that Churchill and co deserve criticism and the extremes on the 'left' need to accept that they cannot change every single aspect of history and the present to suit their nirvana view of the world. 

Post was a piss take. Leicsmac caught it much earlier. 

You're right, though, you'd cancel culture it's ****ing ridiculous and the erasing of Little Britain has pissed me off a bit. 

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Nah, not looking to give out stick here, if I was impolite then I apologise.

However, I do think that the situation is more complex and nuanced than many people either believe or wish it to be.

Just now, foxile5 said:

Post was a piss take. Leicsmac caught it much earlier. 

You're right, though, you'd cancel culture it's ****ing ridiculous and the erasing of Little Britain has pissed me off a bit. 

Apologies. it's been a long day and there are so many bizarre opinions that I can't separate the genuine from the satire anymore lol.

Absolutely, I think comedy, film, literature etc should always be understood in the time that it was produced and I am firm believer that you can separate the artist from their work too. I love Only Fools, Woody Allen, David Bowie, George Orwell but each and every one of those is questionable in some way or another. That being said, as much as I love the films of Woody Allen I wouldn't agree with a statue of him outside the local adoption centre.