Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Raheem Sterling has just said there are about 500 prem players and only a third of them are black ...

Is he seriously saying that clubs, managers, will not sign a talented player if he is black ...   yeah, righto.

He might be referring to this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44010506

Raheem has suffered abuse in stadiums personally and been mistreated by the press too, so I can understand a bit where he's coming from even though I don't think he's right.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

He might be referring to this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44010506

Raheem has suffered abuse in stadiums personally and been mistreated by the press too, so I can understand a bit where he's coming from even though I don't think he's right.

That’s got to be fake news.

surely nobody was really going to sign Slimani

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

"Black communities are hardest hit by the Coronavirus pandemic. Black people are dying at up to four times the rate of their white counterparts. This is racism."

Sounds like it yes! Otherwise i am not sure what they mena here;  I suppose it is credible that the lower socio-economic status of BAME people is a factor, and that is linked to racism over time.

Is that a real quote? 

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Doesn't matter. A kid is dead and the person responsible should face the consequences, like any normal human should. 

Exactly and the parents were subjected to that farcical shit show staged by trump with the person in the next room - she was reportedly pissed at the time of the accident and should be defending herself against a causing death by dangerous driving charge instead of skulking off under DI 

4 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

“Black communities are hardest hit by the Coronavirus pandemic. Black people are dying at up to four times the rate of their white counterparts. This is racism.”

Elephant in the room......

Is this in the UK? In Europe? In the US? Or Globally?

Any articles or stats to back up this claim?

I haven’t heard it before, the virus appears to have hardest hit the elderly who from what I see and reader making up most of the death toll. 

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Raheem Sterling has just said there are about 500 prem players and only a third of them are black ...

Is he seriously saying that clubs, managers, will not sign a talented player if he is black ...   yeah, righto.

He didn't say that though.lol 

"There's something like 500 players in the Premier League and a third of them are black and we have no representation of us in the hierarchy, no representation of us in the coaching staffs."

It's easy to completely misrepresent what someone says if you miss out or add a few words.

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

seriously, clubs will not sign a  black ...   

:ph34r:

33 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

"There's something like 500 players in the Premier League and a third of them are black and we have no representation of us in the hierarchy, no representation of us in the coaching staffs."

It's easy to completely misrepresent what someone says if you miss out or add a few words.

That’s a lie, what about kolo

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Is this in the UK? In Europe? In the US? Or Globally?

Any articles or stats to back up this claim?

I haven’t heard it before, the virus appears to have hardest hit the elderly who from what I see and reader making up most of the death toll. 

Yes it’s true that black men and women are up to 4 x more likely than whites to die of covid-19 in the UK. That’s according to high ranking medical officials.

The media are desperate to pin it all on socioeconomic inequality/racism. However

I would imagine it’s a combination of physiological, social and cultural factors.

This is a crosspost, but I think that given all the discussion about Covid and various other things the original reason why the protests began has rather been lost, and that's not a good thing (unless one is someone who doesn't want to see change at all and thinks the system is fine as it is).

As a reminder:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/18/theres-overwhelming-evidence-that-the-criminal-justice-system-is-racist-heres-the-proof/

This is why Kaepernick kneeled, why there was peaceful action that didn't lead to all that much, and why as a result things have gotten to a flashpoint now.

6 hours ago, Charl91 said:

That’s fair enough ..  I heard it on the news so didn’t have the benefit of seeing it written down ..  I thought I heard the word ‘only’ in there which puts a different slant on it but if it wasn’t there it wasn’t there ...   then when he says ‘and’ it separates the two comments.  Either way what is he moaning about ..  surely if someone is chosen to be a coach for example it is based on merit not the colour of his skin ...  do you think all the multinational owners we have (like our own) are being racist ..  or basing what they do on a desire to outdo all their multinational counterparts and finish higher up the league.  Racism is rampant in football but mainly I’d say on the pitch between the players themselves and of course the fans. 

7 hours ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Yes it’s true that black men and women are up to 4 x more likely than whites to die of covid-19 in the UK. That’s according to high ranking medical officials.

The media are desperate to pin it all on socioeconomic inequality/racism. However

I would imagine it’s a combination of physiological, social and cultural factors.

I wish people would stop using that 4x figure, which is completely wrong.

As has been explained before, the original figure quoted was 3.9x.   But when you factored in age and demographics, that became 1.9x

But the more detailed report out the other week, showed that whilst Bangladeshi men were 2x more likely to die, all other black and ethnic minorities were in the 1.1x to 1.5x range.     And even this didn't factor in occupation, comorbidities (existing conditions) and obesity.

The above information is all in the public domain, and was well publicised.   So It might be worth questioning the motives of people who continue to throw around the false and misleading 4x statistic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

J. K. Rowling suggests it's women who menstruate and Daniel Radcliffe comes in to virtue signal all women are women. 

This gender politics bollocks is ****ing nonesense. 

Thankfully it's one area of politics I couldn't give a shit about lol

Let people be who they want to be. They're not causing harm to anyone by doing so and as long as they're happy, then so what :dunno:

• Like 3

I'm not getting into all this gender politics bollocks.

But it's an odd comment for JK Rowling to make. Given her age, she has presumably either ceased to menstruate or will soon do so. Will she then cease to be a woman?

She's still a MILF, anyway. :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I honestly hate the world we live in, you can't have a different opinion without something calling you something.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but there are two genders, male or female, nothing else. ext.

My cousin is trans, but I still agree. You are born one way or another, you feeling more feminine or masculine does not prohibit you from being your born gender.  :dunno:

Assume my age precludes me from understanding, or perhaps I am genderist. Not sure. 

Should probably stick this last bit in the unpopular opinions thread, but are we now too in thrall to our own self inspection?  :unsure:

Edited by Dahnsouff

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

My cousin is trans, but I still agree. You are born one way or another, you feeling more feminine or masculine does not prohibit you from being your born gender.  :dunno:

Assume my age precludes me from understanding, or perhaps I am genderist. Not sure. 

Should probably stick this last bit in the unpopular opinions thread, but are we now too in thrall to our own self inspection?  :unsure:

I'd draw a distinction between "sex" and "gender".

With very rare exceptions (e.g. hermaphrodites), the vast majority of people are born with one biological sex or the other.

Of them, the overwhelming majority will feel themselves to have the same "gender" as their (physical) "sex" - though not as vast a majority as with "sex".

But a small minority will feel that their "gender" is different to their "sex". I don't pretend to fully understand to what extent gender is biological and to what extent it is socially learned behaviour, but a combination of the two, I'd say.

I'll bow out of any further debate of this issue, though - partly out of ignorance and partly out of disinclination.