Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Guest SO1
7 hours ago, Milo said:

Absolutely.

No way he's going quietly in November.

I know we are looking at this from the outside, but Trump doesn't look as if he would be adverse to a bit of a civil war breaking out. 

Too dramatic? How does it look from where you are?

Who cares if he goes. The chair(presidential) is irrelevant to people on the street outside of the status quo.

I'm on the outside too.  If Trump wants to turn this into asymmetrical warfare(civil war) he'll have to have the aid of the state governments, soldiers, cops and local authorities.

If that happens and they comply then all bets are off. The next phase is economic because if they start evictions and foreclosures there is no amount of power

that can stop the amount of violence that will come. Time and pressure just like Iraq, Afghanistan and Viet Nam etc. I've been watching this come to fruition for my whole life(61)

praying that the powers that be wake up and do the right thing for everyone. Sadly I think they're to drunk on their own power to ever come to their senses.

Guest SO1
3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Excuse my ignorance, just reading about Posse Comitatus and its exception, the Insurrection Act, but this sounds like a HUGE deal should Trump invoke it.  :blink:

Words mean nothing on paper. They make it up as they go along. The constitution is basically toilet paper after 9/11. NDAA, Patriot Act etc. prisons for profit and on and on.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Words mean nothing on paper. They make it up as they go along. The constitution is basically toilet paper after 9/11. NDAA, Patriot Act etc. prisons for profit and on and on.

I can feel the heat of your emotions here, and I am sorry for the current state of affairs in the land in which you live.  :thumbup:

Do not see how this unwinds unless Don relents in his rhetoric and actions. The other option is.....

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, Lionator said:

That is true.

You could argue that a lot of the issues were present before Trump and won't be fixed by Joe Biden. Although Biden is certainly preferable to Trump right now.

The power you guys give our presidents absolutely blows my mind. Biden. Jesus wept. with Hillery as VP for when he croaks? So far beyond that now.

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I can feel the heat of your emotions here, and I am sorry for the current state of affairs in the land in which you live.  :thumbup:

Do not see how this unwinds unless Don relents in his rhetoric and actions. The other option is.....

I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want to speak straight about what I think are the the real issues as the US descends from empire status.

Local is the most important for me now. Everyone fed and sheltered. Space and time for everyone to figure things out.

Any issues out of state are just a side show to me now. Trump means nothing to me. What I can see with the whites of my eyes does.

Guest SO1
14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Who really is the man/woman/reptilian/alien behind the curtain.............

Edited by SO1

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

21st century France and Spain generally don't kill their own citizens based on perceived threat due to an semi-conscious bias against people of a certain skin colour. 

So it was the American state that killed this man, not a police man? And there are no racist police men in France or Spain?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

The French authorities were beating up protestors on a weekly basis for around a year. The Spanish police were beating old ladies in Catalonia for turning up to vote. Why is it only America that's criticised? 

all due respect, get back in the cupboard with a fridgepack of stella mate

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

So it was the American state that killed this man, not a police man? And there are no racist police men in France or Spain?

You can't seriously be suggesting that France and Spain have a similar issue with men of a certain demographic being routinely murdered by accident?

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

You can't seriously be suggesting that France and Spain have a similar issue with men of a certain demographic being routinely murdered by accident?

Are you saying this man was killed on the orders of the state? If not it was police brutality which happens in every country, and I'm not defending that at all. 

I'm just asking why America is held to a higher standard than every other country in the world?

• Thanks 1

This whole situation is really bringing out the scum racists on the internet. How can people get so triggered by people protesting police brutality and fighting against racism. Already had to bin off a few arseholes on FB.

I read the last time there was a curfew issued in America, it was 1943 and there were protests after an black soldier was killed by a white policeman. Crazy.

I really hope we see changes in the US. It's about time. Hopefully Trump goes in November and someone that isn't a psycho racist takes his place.

Edited by lgfualol

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Are you saying this man was killed on the orders of the state? If not it was police brutality which happens in every country, and I'm not defending that at all. 

I'm just asking why America is held to a higher standard than every other country in the world?

It’s not. It’s just most other police forces aren’t out killing ethnic minorities at such comparatively high rates. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Obviously not, I don't know why you would get that impression from my question.  Do France and Spain have a recent history of men of a specific demographic being murdered by accident?  If the answer to that question is no then there's your answer to why nobody's angry at them for doing it.

16 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

It’s not. It’s just most other police forces aren’t out killing ethnic minorities at such comparatively high rates. 

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Obviously not, I don't know why you would get that impression from my question.  Do France and Spain have a recent history of men of a specific demographic being murdered by accident?  If the answer to that question is no then there's your answer to why nobody's angry at them for doing it.

Is that true, or an assumption?Genuine question.

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States#Racial_categories

You don't need a calculator to work out that that the ratios in the first graph don't match those of the 2nd.  But beyond that the outrage is about how frequently these incidents involve defenceless, unarmed individuals.

Edited by Carl the Llama

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Off the top of my head, black folks made up 31% of people shot by police in the US, and they only make up 13% of the population.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States#Racial_categories

You don't need a calculator to work out that that the ratios in the first graph don't match those of the 2nd.  But beyond that the outrage is about how frequently these incidents involve defenceless, unarmed individuals.

I saw someone use that first graph to ‘disprove’ the need for the riots because “black people get shot less than white people”.

Good try mate lol 

38 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not by order of the state, but they are ACTIVELY protected by the state even when the evidence is as damning as this case. 

I dont even think this should be treated as a racial protest, this should purely be the citizens against the police force who have continued time and again to abuse their powers and are actively shielded when they are completely guilty and more often than not keep their positions of power no matter how heinous these crimes they commit are

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's not by order of the state, but they are ACTIVELY protected by the state even when the evidence is as damning as this case. 

I thought the policeman had been charged?

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

You don't need a calculator to work out that that the ratios in the first graph don't match those of the 2nd.

I actually meant do the French and Spanish not kill more ethnic minorities by proportion. I know there's a lot of racism in America.