Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

14 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yeah, she was identified within a few minutes and her employers have been spammed non-stop. All her social media has been taken offline.

Good. That level of virtue signalling is awful. 

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

This is the point I was trying to make earlier - this spinning out of control will do nothing but hurt Trump electorally, so why let it happen? Is it that he's no longer in control of events? That he's deluded or miscalculated himself into thinking this will actually benefit him?

...or is it that he has a plan in place that will allow him to maintain power no matter what and render what he does now irrelevant?

I think you're giving President Trump a little too much credit. He is an idiot who constantly goes against his advisers and sacks people who he shouldn't be sacking if he had any common sense. He makes everything up as he goes along, he doesn't care about the damage he does to the Republican party and the rest of America, it's all about Donald Trump. Maybe somebody will withdraw his Adderall prescription which should hopefully calm him down a bit. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Mad. 

lol

I'd just hand my badge in and get an office job. Absolute chaos in some places. 

Description?

Black! White! Asian!... err African American.

Then you're in a country where people are free to carry guns. Absolutely nuts. I genuinely don't know how I'd even begin to handle a situation like that as it's happening. Do you gamble and hope you're asking the right people what's going on or do you start taking action and figure things out when there's a degree of control?

Also edited to say it's absolutely terrible that some are using this as an excuse to loot and vandalise innocent people's properties. It does the cause no good, especially when the media will obviously focus on this rather than the people that are protesting without being dickheads.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I think you're giving President Trump a little too much credit. He is an idiot who constantly goes against his advisers and sacks people who he shouldn't be sacking if he had any common sense. He makes everything up as he goes along, he doesn't care about the damage he does to the Republican party and the rest of America, it's all about Donald Trump. Maybe somebody will withdraw his Adderall prescription which should hopefully calm him down a bit. 

Perhaps you're right - I hope you're right.

I just don't like the idea of underestimating him given the damage he's done so far.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Perhaps you're right - I hope you're right.

I just don't like the idea of underestimating him given the damage he's done so far.

That is true.

You could argue that a lot of the issues were present before Trump and won't be fixed by Joe Biden. Although Biden is certainly preferable to Trump right now.

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol

Description?

Then you're in a country where people are free to carry guns. Absolutely nuts. I genuinely don't know how I'd even begin to handle a situation like that as it's happening. Do you gamble and hope you're asking the right people what's going on or do you start taking action and figure things out when there's a degree of control?

Also edited to say it's absolutely terrible that some are using this as an excuse to loot and vandalise innocent people's properties. It does the cause no good, especially when the media will obviously focus on this rather than the people that are protesting without being dickheads.

I think the 'black, white asian' bit was from the cop... 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol

Description?

Completely. It's going to be small business owners that are hit the hardest sadly, some of which will be black or active supporters of blacklivesmatters.

The French authorities were beating up protestors on a weekly basis for around a year. The Spanish police were beating old ladies in Catalonia for turning up to vote. Why is it only America that's criticised? 

• Like 2

Again i ask... where is the GOP in all of this.

Why do they sit by and let Trump act without any reaction, they are (almost) worse than him, Trump is insane and thats his excuse.. what is the GOP's?

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The French authorities were beating up protestors on a weekly basis for around a year. The Spanish police were beating old ladies in Catalonia for turning up to vote. Why is it only America that's criticised? 

Pretty sure France and Spain were criticised too. 

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

...and the Chinese basically use these tactics as standard practice, yeah.

A few differences may be that:

- the protests elsewhere weren't motivated by the continued and institutionalised brutalisation of one demographic and one demographic alone

and/or

- the other countries mentioned don't pretend to be paragons of exceptionalism and moral virtue.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...and the Chinese basically use these tactics as standard practice, yeah.

A few differences may be that:

- the protests elsewhere weren't motivated by the continued and institutionalised brutalisation of one demographic and one demographic alone

and/or

- the other countries mentioned don't pretend to be paragons of exceptionalism and moral virtue.

Im pretty sure France and Spain consider themselves moral countries. 

I'd also bet that there's racist police brutality in those countries too. 

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

I'm sure that they do too, they just don't seem to feel the need to broadcast and "export" their particular brand of moral exceptionalism to the world.

Doing so tends to leave one open to more than the usual amount of criticism when not squeaky clean IMO - especially when the leader of that country has been bound and determined to make a mockery of pretty much any type of international co-operation.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'd also bet that there's racist police brutality in those countries too. 

And a bit of bull slaughter with a sword!  

30 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A little bit of it is the outrage that the US Police also are attacking press - including those on live TV - along with the protesters.  The attempts to silence coverage of their actions is a lot more obvious than I saw in Spain and France.

• Like 1

And just to reiterate an earlier point here, these protests didn't have to happen at all - if meaningful action had been taken when "taking a knee" and other forms of peaceful action were being done then they wouldn't have.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

A little bit of it is the outrage that the US Police also are attacking press - including those on live TV - along with the protesters.  The attempts to silence coverage of their actions is a lot more obvious than I saw in Spain and France.

The idea that the police/military might end up going into it all tooled up and numerous people get killed as a result might have something to do with it, too. I mean, you might see that in China (if someone can actually get the vid coverage out of the country) but I don't think you'd see it in France or Spain.