Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

BBC

New charges have been announced against all of the sacked police officers present at the death of African American George Floyd in Minneapolis.
The charge against Derek Chauvin has been elevated to second-degree murder, court documents show.
The other three officers face counts of aiding and abetting murder, the documents state.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, the fox said:

And that is an understatement.

They Nuked Japan, not once but twice (yet you rarely hear them being condemned for it or for the Vietnam war). They started a war that destabilized a whole region for almost 20-years now based on lies just to get the oil. They hired Nazis and pardoned that Japanese group that was doing experiments on the Chinese people so they can get their research, they tried to destabilize south america, and the list goes on. The writing was always on the wall with them.

Edit: just to clarify, what I wanted to say is, the US government has no problem committing Crimes on the international stage so it isn't surprising that their ways leak to their domestic scene. If they have no problem using drones against civilians they will hardly feel guilty when abusing their citizens if they think said citizens don't conform to their ideology.

Most Western countries have a very long history of 'doing evil' abroad, Britain included. 

What I perhaps should have said in this context is that they're an overwhelmingly violent culture.

It comes from their history, not just slavery, but their Revolutionary War and the very existence of the 2nd Amendment. 

Cannot see why people in this country need to protest about something that’s happened in America, especially with social distancing in place. I could very well understand and agree if it happened over here but surely given the circumstances with coronavirus at the minute this isn’t necessary. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Cannot see why people in this country need to protest about something that’s happened in America, especially with social distancing in place. I could very well understand and agree if it happened over here but surely given the circumstances with coronavirus at the minute this isn’t necessary. 

Agreed. 

We don't suffer police brutality at anywhere approaching the same level. 

There are sections of the British public that would give their left legs to be American for some odd reason, so it's of no surprise that the protesters decided to lob stuff at the poliss. 

I have nothing but sympathy for the deceased and horror at the circumstances but in the situation we find ourselves in with the pandemic it's baffling how anybody thinks this is acceptable. 

Also we have such a more tolerant and progressive society than America. Its not perfect but we're streaks ahead in terms of lower amounts of racists. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blue-fox said:

Because injustice, like what’s occurring in America, is felt by a lot of people all over the world, especially BAME people. And I don’t think the protests are just in relation police brutality, it’s also to do with injustices people face on a daily basis, whether big or small, and them using this moment of global protests to make their voices hard. For example the recent case of Belly Mujinja who was reportedly spat at and died of COVID and the perpetrator faced no further consequences 

• Like 1

:( :( :(

I am not sure if he is still alive or has died but regardless, this just goes to show exactly why there are these protests in US. 

You get shot, your fellow protestors are told to bring you to the police to get medical help. Then you get shot at along with the people bringing you as they requested. Then the medic helping you (or going to help) gets shot too. 

Insane. 

8 hours ago, Blue-fox said:

And blame the Police? People chanting "scum" and "fvck the police" are the same people who will be ringing them for their help one day.

The scenes are totally uncalled for. That's not a protest.

• Like 1

I was just thinking, what if Instead of a black person it was a Mexican or Latino or native american, would the protests be the same?

If people think blacks get badly treated in US, the Mexicans are considered subservient and get abused by whites and blacks.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

And blame the Police? People chanting "scum" and "fvck the police" are the same people who will be ringing them for their help one day.

The scenes are totally uncalled for. That's not a protest.

British Police maybe not be perfect but are probably the best in the world.

These folks should go to the poooonjab, they would be lucky to get the beating of there lives for even looking into the eyes of an officer.  Those fookers would rape there wives and sisters Infront of them 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I was just thinking, what if Instead of a black person it was a Mexican or Latino or native american, would the protests be the same?

If people think blacks get badly treated in US, the Mexicans are considered subservient and get abused by whites and blacks.

That's all true.

However, I think the institutionalised bad treatment in terms of these type of deaths specifically tends to manifest itself more towards black people than towards the Latin population in the US. Add the historical context to that and it's a bad mix.

4 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

7bf1lsrmyu251.jpg?width=593&auto=webp&s=8d618db26a5b3d0bfc3967b1154d1b0b415e2f29

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

This is a perfect example of an incident which has been whipped up with an agenda where facts go out of the window to try to prove a point. The case of Belly Mujinga (correct spelling), a case where the person involved was arrested and investigated by police and found not to have given the poor lady Co-Vid as he never had it himself. Now in this instance what would you wish to have happened? They can’t charge people with things that have not happened. The police released a statement saying that there was no evidence from CCTV and witness statements that the man even spat at her. So as tragic as this case is the simple facts do not stand up to the narrative trying to be attached to it.

The initial point was that these protests (particularly in this country) seem brain dead in the midst of a fatal virus easily transferred from close human contact. Black lives certainly do matter so it seems a strange thing to do in gathering together in a large group therefore dramatically increasing the loss of life.

Oh Sorry I got one letter wrong...

but my post wasn’t insinuating that she definitely caught Covid from the man who reportedly spat and coughed on her and her colleague. It’s more the fact that the case has been closed when the man told them he had the virus and reportedly spat and coughed at the workers, although CCTV may claim this might not be the case, doesn’t mean that witnesses and her colleague couldn’t of backed up the claim for the man to face assault charges?

and agreed these protests may seem stupid in terms of the global pandemic however when people’s counterparts are joining the protests across the globe (USA, Brazil, France, Syria etc.) then it doesn’t surprise me that people are following trend. On top of the thousands of people gathering at beaches, parks and the VE Day celebrations, then I’m sure people will feel a justified protest isn’t the main worry in this country atm.

1 hour ago, Detroit Blues said:

7bf1lsrmyu251.jpg?width=593&auto=webp&s=8d618db26a5b3d0bfc3967b1154d1b0b415e2f29

No offence dude, but those stats are crap.  There are no way less people in India getting killed then say Germany.

Just go on Amnesty international to see how many fake encounters the police do there.

Edited by Dr The Singh

26 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

No offence dude, but those stats are crap.  There are no way less people in India getting killed then say Germany.

Just go on Amnesty international to see how many fake encounters the police do there.

Those stats come from this wiki article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

Now, perhaps the data from India is flawed. I don't know, but you're missing the point. You claimed that this would all be different if George Floyd was Latino. The statistics show that they are killed by US law enforcement on a roughly equivalent basis to white Americans, and at about 1/2 the rate as those of African Americans.

Furthermore, George Floyd was black, and he was murdered in broad daylight by police officers sworn to protect him. In Atlanta, Breonna Taylor, a 26 year old EMT was killed in her own home by the police. It's a pattern that keeps happening. Bringing up the hypothetical "what if George Floyd wasn't black?" and complaining about the treatment of Latin Americans is very similar to the "All Lives Matter" slogan that conservatives like to trot out. I don't think we need to re-litigate why that's not helpful.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Those stats come from this wiki article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_by_country

Now, perhaps the data from India is flawed. I don't know, but you're missing the point. You claimed that this would all be different if George Floyd was Latino. The statistics show that they are killed by US law enforcement on a roughly equivalent basis to white Americans, and at about 1/2 the rate as those of African Americans.

Furthermore, George Floyd was black, and he was murdered in broad daylight by police officers sworn to protect him. In Atlanta, Breonna Taylor, a 26 year old EMT was killed in her own home by the police. It's a pattern that keeps happening. Bringing up the hypothetical "what if George Floyd wasn't black?" and complaining about the treatment of Latin Americans is very similar to the "All Lives Matter" slogan that conservatives like to trot out. I don't think we need to re-litigate why that's not helpful.

I think you really need to look at that graph, how in the hell is US overall lower then Black Americans?  What sort of rubbish is that 

I get that the stats about blacks, anyhow my point wasn't about police deaths and stats of Mexicans directly, I used that as an example, infact my point was regarding the double standards of the people of America, and I clearly stated both whites and blacks, NOT police treat mexicans badly, and yet no one protest about them.

Ive lived in the US, and it's shocking to see.

Just to add, for me, whether it be white, black, Hispanic, 1 unnecessary death is too much.   And I totally get why black people are agrieved.

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

I think you really need to look at that graph, how in the hell is US overall lower then Black Americans?  What sort of rubbish is that 

I get that the stats about blacks, anyhow my point wasn't about police deaths and stats of Mexicans directly, I used that as an example, infact my point was regarding the double standards of the people of America, and I clearly stated both whites and blacks, NOT police treat mexicans badly, and yet no one protest about them.

Ive lived in the US, and it's shocking to see.

Just to add, for me, whether it be white, black, Hispanic, 1 unnecessary death is too much.   And I totally get why black people are agrieved.

I presume the "USA Overall" figure is an average for all Americans: 28 per 10m.....compared to 19, 30 & 57, respectively, for Whites, Latinos and Blacks in the USA.

Makes sense to me. I assume there are a few more whites overall in the US than blacks and hispanics put together, hence the average?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Oh Sorry I got one letter wrong...

but my post wasn’t insinuating that she definitely caught Covid from the man who reportedly spat and coughed on her and her colleague. It’s more the fact that the case has been closed when the man told them he had the virus and reportedly spat and coughed at the workers, although CCTV may claim this might not be the case, doesn’t mean that witnesses and her colleague couldn’t of backed up the claim for the man to face assault charges?

and agreed these protests may seem stupid in terms of the global pandemic however when people’s counterparts are joining the protests across the globe (USA, Brazil, France, Syria etc.) then it doesn’t surprise me that people are following trend. On top of the thousands of people gathering at beaches, parks and the VE Day celebrations, then I’m sure people will feel a justified protest isn’t the main worry in this country atm.

I would personally think a large scale gathering of people to protest (justified or not), should be a significant worry at this time!

Imagine the anger and outcry if 5,000 Liverpool supporters gather at Anfield when they win the league. Football fans like ourselves will be vilified and ridiculed for exactly what the black lives matter protesters did. I have seen nothing in the way of condemnation for this protest gathering from any media outlet? Why?

Kyle Walker (whatever you think of him) was hammered in the press for lock down breaches, Harry Styles is some kind of hero for standing with thousands in London on the recent protest. 

18 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Most Western countries have a very long history of 'doing evil' abroad, Britain included. 

What I perhaps should have said in this context is that they're an overwhelmingly violent culture.

It comes from their history, not just slavery, but their Revolutionary War and the very existence of the 2nd Amendment. 

The atomic bombing of Japan was a crime?..........after 6 years of war when the Japanese had murdered, starved raped  and tortured thousands of people of various nationalities all over Asia!.My Dad was on his way to take part in the Invasion of Japan when the bombs were dropped, He was 18 years old and the estimated casualties for a physical Invasion was over 4 million......so my Dad was fairly happy, to put it mildly when the Japanese surrendered.

He spent the next 2 years helping to try to keep allied prisoners from the Burma railway alive so they were able to go home looking something like Human beings.

He was the gentlest  bloke you could ever meet but he would not have anything Japanese in the house, television, radio, car etc.

When you have spent time watching people die and having to bury them after months of trying to keep them alive and forming the inevitable emotional attachment with them you may find your comment on this particular aspect of your post somewhat offensive........sorry for the rant but it needed to be said.

3 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I presume the "USA Overall" figure is an average for all Americans: 28 per 10m.....compared to 19, 30 & 57, respectively, for Whites, Latinos and Blacks in the USA.

Makes sense to me. I assume there are a few more whites overall in the US than blacks and hispanics put together, hence the average?

How, that graph has purposely been created to make a point, particular to the current situation, this is what's called propaganda, I could do exactly the same and creat the same graph and do it for Punjabi Sikhs instead of Black Americans