Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

China has once again used the mass demonstrations to call out the US for its record on racism and discrimination.

"We hope the US government will take concrete measures to fulfil its obligations under the international convention on the elimination of all forms of racial discrimination to protect the legal rights of minorities," said Zhao Lijian, a spokesperson for China's Foreign Ministry.

China "always opposes racial discrimination", Zhao added.

The cheeky bastards really. lol

Talk about sticking the boot in! lol

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

China has once again used the mass demonstrations to call out the US for its record on racism and discrimination.

"We hope the US government will take concrete measures to fulfil its obligations under the international convention on the elimination of all forms of racial discrimination to protect the legal rights of minorities," said Zhao Lijian, a spokesperson for China's Foreign Ministry.

China "always opposes racial discrimination", Zhao added.

The cheeky bastards really. lol

Yeah, seriously.

Anyone heard from the Uighurs recently? No?

Why are people flouting the rules of corona virus, protesting over something that happened 1000s mile away, , that really doesn’t have nothing to do with the people here! Get back to work ffs

Edited by lestajigs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lestajigs said:

Why are people flouting the rules of corona virus, protesting over something that happened 1000s mile away, , that really doesn’t have nothing to do with the people here! Get back to work ffs

Went for walk yesterday and saw 3 groups of teens 6 to 10 strong clearly not following the rules. There’s seems to be a growing number who either think there are no rules or couldn’t give a rats arse about them. 

I guess it’ll prove whether we’re over doing the restrictions or any blip will be a lot bigger than expected.

2 hours ago, lestajigs said:

Yeah, cause black people never get killed by the police here do they? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, davieG said:

Went for walk yesterday and saw 3 groups of teens 6 to 10 strong clearly not following the rules. There’s seems to be a growing number who either think there are no rules or couldn’t give a rats arse about them. 

I guess it’ll prove whether we’re over doing the restrictions or any blip will be a lot bigger than expected.

Its bloody nuts, like you say i’m hoping the government are being over cautious, 

26 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Yeah, cause black people never get killed by the police here do they? 

https://www.inquest.org.uk/fatal-police-shootings

I don't have a racial breakdown but the total number killed by police in the UK over the past 30 years (74) would be considered low for a single year over there.  So no, it's not anywhere near comparable.  I know we like to complain about our society becoming too 'American' but there are still vast differences between us.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

So it’s fine for the police to kill people in custody? 

Wtf are you on about, as many white people die in this country as black all guilty of a serious offence, if you are threatening with a gun or even a knife, i have the upmost respect for OUR police force to do the right thing! And if that means killing them yes

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Thousands in Hyde Park for the Black Lives Matters protest.

A few minutes after taking the knee, police officers were belted with bottles and other missiles. lol

Just seen a picture of it, they will get arrested and then claim racism, why you picking on the black man, just assaulted a police officer like, 

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

https://www.inquest.org.uk/fatal-police-shootings

I don't have a racial breakdown but the total number killed by police in the UK over the past 30 years (74) would be considered low for a single year over there.  So no, it's not anywhere near comparable.  I know we like to complain about our society becoming too 'American' but there are still vast differences between us.

Its because of the continual abuse, or totally ignoring  the under the table racism World wide. If seem you just Dont get it...!!!!

6 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Just seen a picture of it, they will get arrested and then claim racism, why you picking on the black man, just assaulted a police officer like, 

The police were gassing and attacking students of all races that were protesting. Watch the news, don't look at a picture.

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

The police were gassing and attacking students of all races that were protesting. Watch the news, don't look at a picture.

Were they unprovoked attacks?? I doubt it, like i said before 9/10 the uk police make the right decisions and do a fantastic job, coming out of this thread now, before i get banned again

2 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Were they unprovoked attacks?? I doubt it, like i said before 9/10 the uk police make the right decisions and do a fantastic job, coming out of this thread now, before i get banned again

How can the police know who exactly to target when there's so many protesters. It's just a blanket reaction. Some will have provoked a response, but was it a reasonable response to gas and physically assault large groups of people that were there?

8 minutes ago, Parafox said:

How can the police know who exactly to target when there's so many protesters. It's just a blanket reaction. Some will have provoked a response, but was it a reasonable response to gas and physically assault large groups of people that were there?

Edited by lestajigs

42 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its because of the continual abuse, or totally ignoring  the under the table racism World wide. If seem you just Dont get it...!!!!

I think you misunderstand me.  I'm well aware our police have a problem with disproportionately targeting BAME citizens (ie. the stop & search debacle), I just don't believe they have a problem with unlawfully killing them but I stand to be corrected on that.  My only issue with the protest is it's bound to spread the virus a bit more.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

3F3226E2-1EA3-4698-A6D6-877E379A75CE.thumb.jpeg.5e7b565a7e043c6c08fdccf70c2a67d6.jpeg

It’s not just the systemic racism or police brutality. The elephant in the room in this whole debate is that America is an overwhelmingly violent country. 

And that is an understatement.

They Nuked Japan, not once but twice (yet you rarely hear them being condemned for it or for the Vietnam war). They started a war that destabilized a whole region for almost 20-years now based on lies just to get the oil. They hired Nazis and pardoned that Japanese group that was doing experiments on the Chinese people so they can get their research, they tried to destabilize south america, and the list goes on. The writing was always on the wall with them.

Edit: just to clarify, what I wanted to say is, the US government has no problem committing Crimes on the international stage so it isn't surprising that their ways leak to their domestic scene. If they have no problem using drones against civilians they will hardly feel guilty when abusing their citizens if they think said citizens don't conform to their ideology.

Edited by the fox

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I think you misunderstand me.  I'm well aware our police have a problem with disproportionately targeting BAME citizens (ie. the stop & search debacle), I just don't believe they have a problem with unlawfully killing them but I stand to be corrected on that.  My only issue with the protest is it's bound to spread the virus a bit more.

explosive Racists moments and C.virus have just collidided in one of those coincidental moments in History..