Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, Staff said:

So I went into work Tuesday, and my colleague who sits opposite me says he is feeling unwell. I said you need to go home if you feel unwell, to which his response was nah I will be OK. On the Wednesday, he calls in sick saying he's had a Covid test. Everyone in the office is blasé about it, not looking too much into it as he has a history of being a hypochondriac. Thursday, I roll in work at 11 with a banging headache, and get told he has covid. I immediately go to my manager and say surely we must all self isolate? His says no only if you display symptoms. They haven't quarantined his desk, haven't got anyone in to deep clean the place so I told I would be going straight to get a test due to my parents health issues who I need to help me to look after my son whilst I'm at work. And guess what? I have the fecker, and I'm sure as others have said who have had it and are displaying symptoms, I feel horrendous. At first I thought it was my mind telling me I'm ill as I have provided a positive test. But my head is pounding non stop, I'm light headed, I feel like I've been ran over and the diarrhoea has got me in all sorts of bother. But the worst thing is isolating from my parents and son, it's difficult mentally even after 2 days. I guess what I'm trying to say please take the necessary precautions and stay safe. And if your unsure, just go take a test 

This is the perfect example of why truly non essential workplaces should close. By the time you know about a case, it's too late and there's ultimately no such thing as 'covid safe', if you're in close proximity to others indoors with no ppe, you're at risk. 

Get well soon! Stay hydrated and if you're struggling to breathe at any stage seek help before it gets too bad. I'm certain you'll be fine albeit for a rough few days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Staff said:

So I went into work Tuesday, and my colleague who sits opposite me says he is feeling unwell. I said you need to go home if you feel unwell, to which his response was nah I will be OK. On the Wednesday, he calls in sick saying he's had a Covid test. Everyone in the office is blasé about it, not looking too much into it as he has a history of being a hypochondriac. Thursday, I roll in work at 11 with a banging headache, and get told he has covid. I immediately go to my manager and say surely we must all self isolate? His says no only if you display symptoms. They haven't quarantined his desk, haven't got anyone in to deep clean the place so I told I would be going straight to get a test due to my parents health issues who I need to help me to look after my son whilst I'm at work. And guess what? I have the fecker, and I'm sure as others have said who have had it and are displaying symptoms, I feel horrendous. At first I thought it was my mind telling me I'm ill as I have provided a positive test. But my head is pounding non stop, I'm light headed, I feel like I've been ran over and the diarrhoea has got me in all sorts of bother. But the worst thing is isolating from my parents and son, it's difficult mentally even after 2 days. I guess what I'm trying to say please take the necessary precautions and stay safe. And if your unsure, just go take a test 

Was he directly opposite you? Because that's not covid safe, people shouldn't be sat facing each other.

Really feel for you though, because this was completely out of your control, and highlights how careless people can be. I've heard countless stories of people going to work whilst waiting for a test or the results of the test. The managers really should be sending people like that home, and it should never have got to stage he was sat in the office with symptoms.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think it's about time they started pepper spraying non-mask wearers in supermarkets - I'm not saying that's the right thing to do, I'm thinking really about the entertainment value of the resulting YouTube videos

You haven't started yet?

The school situation is ridiculous, liberties been taken, I read on another site a lady sent her child in with a note saying she is a keyworker, she works at mcdonalds.

50% attendance is way too high, I know people who work in offices working on site instead of home, also many business that were closed in spring are open now.  In effect this is a bait and switch, government pretending they doing a proper lockdown but under the hood it isnt.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This is the perfect example of why truly non essential workplaces should close. By the time you know about a case, it's too late and there's ultimately no such thing as 'covid safe', if you're in close proximity to others indoors with no ppe, you're at risk. 

Get well soon! Stay hydrated and if you're struggling to breathe at any stage seek help before it gets too bad. I'm certain you'll be fine albeit for a rough few days.

Just to clarify, my work place is deemed essential. The stuff about PPE is so true, we have a perspex screen between us and masks sanitisers etc but we all use the kitchen area, bathroom etc and practices could certainly be better. 

Thank you, think I'm feeling the worst of it today but hopefully will start feeling better 

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Was he directly opposite you? Because that's not covid safe, people shouldn't be sat facing each other.

Really feel for you though, because this was completely out of your control, and highlights how careless people can be. I've heard countless stories of people going to work whilst waiting for a test or the results of the test. The managers really should be sending people like that home, and it should never have got to stage he was sat in the office with symptoms.

Yes, but with a perspex screen between us. That's the thing, as soon as I was made aware I went to my GM and explained the situation and he was so dismissive of my suggestions to quarantine his desk and get the office deep cleaned. 2 of my colleagues went for tests last night, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come back positive 

17 hours ago, Phube said:

Can’t answer for anyone else but from my NHS frontline worker perspective; yes the NHS is criminally underfunded and the lack of beds, staff and ICU equipment is contributing to the excessive death toll...

But... the current infection rate has nothing to do with NHS underfunding but selfish/ignorant public wantonly ignoring advice either by not wearing mask due to some really good reason or thinking their bubble can include four grandparents, the next door neighbour and Trisha who has to pop in for a cuppa but only once a week. 

It’s amazing that I have worked every day  (less normal holidays) at a large NHS Trust with patients and had members of my team have COVID, go shopping every week, my wife works at a uni and have a daughter at high school - all three COVID hotspots. Not one of us has had it (to our knowledge and I get tested bi-weekly and had the anti-body test in the summer). I’m not saying everyone who has caught COVID is to blame but if EVERYONE actually obeyed the rules this pandemic would die out pretty fast! And we could all get back to normal!!

Bear in mind the rules have allowed people to go to restaurants pubs, schools, unis.  So I dont quite agree, but I will say there is people out there who are taking the micky with parties and such.

As soon as the police try to clamp down we start seeing news reports and people call them draconian.  So they cant win, clearly just having a "quick word" with people breaking the rules doesnt do the job.

7 minutes ago, Staff said:

Yes, but with a perspex screen between us. That's the thing, as soon as I was made aware I went to my GM and explained the situation and he was so dismissive of my suggestions to quarantine his desk and get the office deep cleaned. 2 of my colleagues went for tests last night, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come back positive 

Just seen your other post about the perspex.

I think the managers think they are keeping the business going by refusing to let people off for isolating or test, but all they are doing is making it more likely you lose a huge chunk of staff after one of the employees they let work with symptoms or whilst waiting a test passes on the half of them.

My office has made things pretty safe, hand sanitizers every where, things on handles so you don’t have to touch door handles with your hands, removed all non peelable fruit from kitchens (we get free fruit). But there's still plenty of "touch points" as they call it that's its very difficult to avoid touching.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

My office has made things pretty safe, hand sanitizers every where, things on handles so you don’t have to touch door handles with your hands, removed all non peelable fruit from kitchens (we get free fruit). But there's still plenty of "touch points" as they call it that's its very difficult to avoid touching.

What are these? I'm trying to imagine such a device and I can't think of anything haha

Has anyone else saw the incident recorded in Aberdeen where two officers force their way into a house (which is now legal due to legislation) on suspicion of Covid breaches, forcing what I first thought was a minor (turns out she was 18) to the floor, and getting physical and aggressive with the two residents causing one of the woman (I'm not sure if it's the 18 year old or the mother) to have an epileptic seizure whilst young kids look on? 

It's quiet distressing to be honest. 

Guest Harrydc
5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Has anyone else saw the incident recorded in Aberdeen where two officers force their way into a house (which is now legal due to legislation) on suspicion of Covid breaches, forcing what I first thought was a minor (turns out she was 18) to the floor, and getting physical and aggressive with the two residents causing one of the woman (I'm not sure if it's the 18 year old or the mother) to have an epileptic seizure whilst young kids look on? 

Makes me feel sick. 

2 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

Makes me feel sick. 

It's a very uncomfortable watch. I'm a full on SNP supporter but there is no getting away from the fact that the legislation they passed allowing police to enter your house uninvited, caused this. Along with the aggressive manner of the officers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Saw this earlier today. Looked nasty.  Again the gov't are to blame for not setting out clear guidance, with too many grey areas, rushing things through.

Similar to the incident yesterday where those two women were fined for not breaking any rules in the guidance.  5 miles is local and drinking coffee is in itself not deemed as having a picnic according to a standard dictionary definition.  These police forces are treading on thin ice.  Surely they have better ways to occupy their time.  

Too many grey areas and it's open to misinterpretation.  Bridgen mentioned this and for once I agree with him.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Saw this earlier today. Looked nasty.  Again the gov't are to blame for not setting out clear guidance, with too many grey areas, rushing things through.

Similar to the incident yesterday where those two women were fined for not breaking any rules in the guidance.  5 miles is local and drinking coffee is in itself not deemed as having a picnic according to a standard dictionary definition.  These police forces are treading on thin ice.  Surely they have better ways to occupy their time.  

Too many grey areas and it's open to misinterpretation.  Bridgen mentioned this and for once I agree with him.  

...And the legislations they are putting through don't make sense in direct comparisson to long standing laws. 

For example, if those people in that video were suspected of selling crack to kids, the police officers would have needed a warrant to come into 5heir house but because they were suspected of having a couple of friends and family in their living room, it is entirely legal for essentially two maked men to use physical force to gain access to their property. 

In what world does that make sense?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

It's a very uncomfortable watch. I'm a full on SNP supporter but there is no getting away from the fact that the legislation they passed allowing police to enter your house uninvited, caused this. Along with the aggressive manner of the officers. 

And some people will think this is ok.

Brainwashed members of the public agreeing with the  strong arm tactics of the police.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

And some people will think this is ok.

Absolutely. There is no excuse for it. If officers truly believe there is a party going on, just wait. Wether I be in your car or in the tenement outside the house. If there IS a party going on, you're going to see people coming and going in which case you can question them, demand ID and get a better indication of what is going on. 

It may be time consuming but at the very least it would ensure the safety of not only the suspects but the officers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

...And the legislations they are putting through don't make sense in direct comparisson to long standing laws. 

For example, if those people in that video were suspected of selling crack to kids, the police officers would have needed a warrant to come into 5heir house but because they were suspected of having a couple of friends and family in their living room, it is entirely legal for essentially two maked men to use physical force to gain access to their property. 

In what world does that make sense?

Well, during an epidemic it was acceptable to drive over 300 miles to Barnard Castle but, during a winter resurgence, you can't travel 5 miles it seems.  

I'm not saying I would do either, I can't understand why you'd travel in your local area "where possible" (that's what guidance states) for a walk in freezing cold weather for example, but contrasting the two scenarios there makes a mockery of the restrictions hence why you'll continually get idiots who flaunt the rules in equal measure to those taking the moral high ground over it dobbing others in as was the case in Scotland you originally referred to.

20 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Well, during an epidemic it was acceptable to drive over 300 miles to Barnard Castle but, during a winter resurgence, you can't travel 5 miles it seems.  

I'm not saying I would do either, I can't understand why you'd travel in your local area "where possible" (that's what guidance states) for a walk in freezing cold weather for example, but contrasting the two scenarios there makes a mockery of the restrictions hence why you'll continually get idiots who flaunt the rules in equal measure to those taking the moral high ground over it dobbing others in as was the case in Scotland you originally referred to.

It also leaves us in a bizarre situation where if I suspected my neighnmbours of doing something illeagal on their property, instead of reporting it, I would be better served to say they where having a party.... Its mental.