Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Saw this earlier today. Looked nasty.  Again the gov't are to blame for not setting out clear guidance, with too many grey areas, rushing things through.

Similar to the incident yesterday where those two women were fined for not breaking any rules in the guidance.  5 miles is local and drinking coffee is in itself not deemed as having a picnic according to a standard dictionary definition.  These police forces are treading on thin ice.  Surely they have better ways to occupy their time.  

Too many grey areas and it's open to misinterpretation.  Bridgen mentioned this and for once I agree with him.  

I think the police should be laying down what they will and won't do and what we can do and can't do as the system allows them to interpret one way that, as it appears, is different to what the general public interpret the rules to be. As it is, i could could go for a walk with the dog and get fined.

• Like 1

In the last few pages the penny seems to be dropping.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

What are these? I'm trying to imagine such a device and I can't think of anything haha

ShoePulllist_300x300.jpg?v=1594199593

Hands Free Pull Door Foot Opener - 102 x 70 x 129mm - Grey

Google 'Foot Pull'.

(Obviously these types only work on doors without latches - Although there are ways around that)

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

The school situation is ridiculous, liberties been taken, I read on another site a lady sent her child in with a note saying she is a keyworker, she works at mcdonalds.

50% attendance is way too high, I know people who work in offices working on site instead of home, also many business that were closed in spring are open now.  In effect this is a bait and switch, government pretending they doing a proper lockdown but under the hood it isnt.  

But she is a 'keyworker' then as her workplace is open so she is expected to be there? If she doesn't go in she isn't getting paid, so can you blame her?

That's why a full lockdown with all these workplaces closed will never work, we can't function as a society if we close them all down.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, reynard said:

Even more bizarre you can go and view houses etc with the intention of buying one. Why would anyone want to allow people into their house right now unless for emergency repairs?

No idea unless people are so strapped they are having to sell up?

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think the police should be laying down what they will and won't do and what we can do and can't do as the system allows them to interpret one way that, as it appears, is different to what the general public interpret the rules to be. As it is, i could could go for a walk with the dog and get fined.

You can walk your dog LOCALLY.

Just don’t get in your car and go five miles up the road

3 hours ago, reynard said:

Even more bizarre you can go and view houses etc with the intention of buying one. Why would anyone want to allow people into their house right now unless for emergency repairs?

• Divorce/Splitting up, people have been stuck in the house together for almost a year, it's caused a lot of seperations
  • Couples who lived apart want to be together and live together incase this carries on for another lengthy period of time
  • Youngsters who want to get out, almost a year living with family isn't the easiest thing to do
  • People want more space having just been isolated for ages, imagine having a young family but having a tiny garden, these people want to move incase we have to keep locking down again
  • Spare cash due to lockdown so some lucky people have saved thousands or even tens of thousands
  • Stamp Duty freeze means that people who would normally pay thousands didn't have to if they completed before March
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Potentially you could take a dog for a walk and walk 5 miles though?

Ffs you know what I mean

Just use some common sense, don’t be a berk and walk your dog local

(Not aimed at you mate), talking in general

Is the country devoid of common sense now? Or do people just want to argue every fookin thing?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Ffs you know what I mean

Just use some common sense, don’t be a berk and walk your dog local

(Not aimed at you mate), talking in general

Is the country devoid of common sense now? Or do people just want to argue every fookin thing?

People will argue it though when the guidelines are open to interpretation.  At what point does local not become local for example?

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Is that local?

Surely it's better to walk in open space if there's the chance?

I'd rather the authorities clamped down on people gathering in huge groups and blatantly not caring about themselves and others than single out people going for a distanced walk in the open air a few miles from home.

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

I'd rather the authorities clamped down on people gathering in huge groups and blatantly not caring about themselves and others than single out people going for a distanced walk in the open air a few miles from home.

where is this happening, I’ve not seen it, 2s and 3s maybe, it might be different in the cities, but personally I’ve not seen it. The only place I’ve seen a lot of people is Morrison’s as I drive home from work, oh, and McDonald’s, which always seems to have cars queuing down the street.

It will be interesting to see what Derbyshire police's response is when they review their lockdown procedures.  According to their logic, taking Bradgate Park as an example, no cars should be being admitted at present and only the local population of Newtown Linford should be walking to it.  Surely Bradgate Park are at odds with the regulations themselves by allowing cars into the car park in the first place?

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I’d rather they clamped down on both and actually implemented the rules 

4 minutes ago, Otis said:

But going for a walk a few miles from where you live isn't against the law.

Just walk from your home. Go round the block if you have to. It’s not rocket science.

I can’t understand why so many people are questioning/ arguing/ bending rules/ not using common sense when people are dying on ventilators like fish out of water.

Where’s people sense of looking after each other? 
I’ve just been down to my local Tesco mini and again there’s cvnts walking round the shop with no masks on

I had to get out quick tbh.. the red mist was rising very quickly today 

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Just walk from your home. Go round the block if you have to. It’s not rocket science.

I can’t understand why so many people are questioning/ arguing/ bending rules/ not using common sense when people are dying on ventilators like fish out of water.

Where’s people sense of looking after each other? 
I’ve just been down to my local Tesco mini and again there’s cvnts walking round the shop with no masks on

I'll say it again... going  far a walk within a few miles from where you live isn't  against the rules nor is it bending the rules. I don't see how you are linking going an extra mile or so suddenly makes someone die on a ventilator. 

Regarding mask wearing maybe they are exempt or maybe they're cvnts.

• Like 1

We were supposed to go for a family walk around the gardens of a 'local' National Trust place today. You have to book in advance and it's about 7 miles away so we'd have to drive there, park up etc.

It didn't feel right to go somehow so we just walked around the village again for the umpteenth time. I'm sure we'd have been fine visiting the NT place but the advice is to stay at home I guess.

I dunno. There's so many cars on the road I think loads of people are still driving to places for exercise. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

How is driving to a secluded spot and going for a walk going to ramp up Coronavirus cases?

Some people are literally losing their minds over this. If you don't want to do it, fine, but stop passing judgement on others, unless they're breaking the law they're doing nothing wrong.

Something has to happen. The rules haven’t been enforced, the public have pretty much done what they’ve wanted to and today we see ANOTHER 1000 deaths related to covid 19. The police have got a nearly almost impossible task on their hands, large swathes of the public aren’t helping and don’t give a toss. 
Let’s make some examples. Hopefully then people will take this fookin pandemic seriously. 
We‘ll have to agree to differ on opinion. If I saw things changing I’d happily back-track.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We were supposed to go for a family walk around the gardens of a 'local' National Trust place today. You have to book in advance and it's about 7 miles away so we'd have to drive there, park up etc.

It didn't feel right to go somehow so we just walked around the village again for the umpteenth time. I'm sure we'd have been fine visiting the NT place but the advice is to stay at home I guess.

I dunno. There's so many cars on the road I think loads of people are still driving to places for exercise. 

You and me both mate. There’s no necessity to take that drive is there? Something inside you said keep local. I commend you

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Otis said:

I'll say it again... going  far a walk within a few miles from where you live isn't  against the rules nor is it bending the rules. I don't see how you are linking going an extra mile or so suddenly makes someone die on a ventilator. 

Regarding mask wearing maybe they are exempt or maybe they're cvnts.

😄 exempt... yeah rite