Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Understandably those two forces containing national parks which are a likely target for long distance journeys 

Fair point. Looks like some from Leicester had a day trip to Snowdon today!

Keith Ellis, a warden at Pen y Pass in Snowdonia, said while it had been much quieter this weekend, people were still travelling, despite the restrictions.

"We've had three from Leicester first thing this morning and if the police hadn't turned up they would have probably ignored our advice and carried on up the mountain," he said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55604382

59 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah same, understandable but didn't know it was a thing. Other delivery companies might want to take note.

Other day I was expecting a delivery from Hermes. 

- Got a notification in morning saying it'll be delivered between 3-5pm. 

- 3.35pm, I get a notification saying it's been delivered. Not a van in sight, not a knock on the door, nothing at front or side of the house...

- App/tracking info just says delivered; no signature or photo of delivery.

- Few hours later, app says they've had issues and delivery will be on the next working day.

- Couple hours after that, neighbour knocks on the door and says we have your package and it was just left at their front door without a knock either lol 

- Hermes app still says it's not been delivered!

I think your first line was the problem, you expected a delivery from Hermes.

• Haha 1

What I don’t get is how come all these delivery drivers, dpd, etc, are permitted to carry on. If this virus can spread as easily as they say, ie contact with surfaces, then if just one of them have it, they could potentially be passing it to thousands. And no one can tell me that they take precautions because I know they don’t.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What I don’t get is how come all these delivery drivers, dpd, etc, are permitted to carry on. If this virus can spread as easily as they say, ie contact with surfaces, then if just one of them have it, they could potentially be passing it to thousands. And no one can tell me that they take precautions because I know they don’t.

Well people have all sorts delivered by these companies, including medication.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Well people have all sorts delivered by these companies, including medication.

I’m not saying they don’t, but it still seems obvious way of the virus spreading. They drop a parcel at the front door, you pick it up and that’s it. All it takes is a bit of saliva from their hands on the package .

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I’m not saying they don’t, but it still seems obvious way of the virus spreading. They drop a parcel at the front door, you pick it up and that’s it. All it takes is a bit of saliva from their hands on the package .

Why can shops sell food? All it takes is a bit of Saliva from their hands on the package.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I've seen an Oven cleaning company offering to go to houses to clean ovens. They're claiming its covid compliant. 

How that is allowed to fly is beyond me completely. 

Nothing is covid compliant unless they rock up in a hazmat suit.

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Well yeah. Unreal if that's going on. Presumably they've got some kind of authority to continue to trade. 

Probably call themselves an essential service, but it does highlight the fact  that people need to earn money. Surely the government need to give every household some form of credit for 2 or 3 weeks, especially  if we went into a proper lockdown.

Probably call themselves an essential service, but it does highlight the fact  that people need to earn money. Surely the government need to give every household some form of credit for 2 or 3 weeks, especially  if we went into a proper lockdown.

Yeah. Lots of countries have provided some form of stimulus package haven't they? 

I doubt ours will what with furlough, though. 

From the amount of crap people are still buying online, I find it hard to believe people are short of cash. The postal system is still at Christmas levels (a normal Christmas... covid-Christmas was a living nightmare!).

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

From the amount of crap people are still buying online, I find it hard to believe people are short of cash. The postal system is still at Christmas levels (a normal Christmas... covid-Christmas was a living nightmare!).

I can’t spend money at the moment.  Still got clothes people bought me from last Xmas and my birthday I haven’t worn so dont need or want any new clothes. Can’t go for a beer a meal or weekend away and had two holidays cancelled. So likely if they are like me they have plenty of spare cash but unlike me they’ve found something to spend it on 😂

1 hour ago, Soup said:

I'm a decorator and all my customers are calling me to see if I'm still working. I'm obviously saying no way. 

Unless they pay in pound notes :ph34r:

Many, many pound notes.

Got a bloke coming round to sort the walls out on Tuesday, and that's fine. 

And someone (could be male or female as it's from a company and not spoken to the person coming personally) to fix the washing machine on the same day. Apparently that's okay? All needs doing, but god knows.