Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

Robinhood, basically the biggest platform for retail investors in the USA has stopped allowing buys of Gamestop, AMC, and the other "meme" stocks and are only allowing sells.

Robinhood get paid by Citadel hedge fund for their order book. Citadel coincidentally are also the hedge fund who bailed out Melvin Capital (the hedge fund with a massive short interest in Gamestop) the other day.

Absolutely stinks.

Edited by martyn

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

It will be a shame to see the lovely folk at Melvin Capital go bankrupt.  Still, Gamestop will probably be hiring after all this.

Not lol, these apps are what gives the retail investors their power.  Artificially reducing access to the market is market manipulation.

Lol wasn't me actually laughing. It's clear what they're doing.

Cant take the loss, still manipulating the market to save them. 

Wish I had the liquidity to go in on GME when I heard about it but unfortunately not! Still fun to watch from the sidelines.

IG  the same now

The market for GME keeps halting.  The apps are blocking purchases.  Forced dips in pre-market to scare all the retail investors who can't buy into selling.  The big boys are trying every shady tactic in the book.  But they're still going to have to cover their shorts eventually.  This is the way.

This has caused major ripples all over the market lol

Fortunately I don’t have as much invested as normal. Does anyone know if the Reddit crowd will stop or are they likely to do it to other companies? If so which ones, asking for a friend....

Edited by Strokes

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

The bad guys are throwing the kitchen sink and their baby at this lol  Absolutely madness the level of market manipulation going on. I kinda wish people would riot about shit like this rather than rioting about other crap. 

This is why I dropped out during the "steady" period.  I don't have the marbles to play chicken with this!

36 minutes ago, Strokes said:

This has caused major ripples all over the market lol

Fortunately I don’t have as much invested as normal. Does anyone know if the Reddit crowd will stop or are they likely to do it to other companies? If so which ones, asking for a friend....

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l68ill/the_biggest_short_squeeze_in_the_world_slv_silver/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf Not financial advice for your friend. Haha.

Just now, Christoph said:

Has anyone had a heart attack watching this stock today. **** me the manipulation is CRAZY. The behind the scenes shit going on. It's rising back up now people are trying to fight back 

Exposed the elites and you know for a fact nothing will be done about it.