Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Investments, stocks, shares

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Keep us informed on here then please lol

I can't stand Reddit, I've tried to, but it's such a hideous layout and awkward looking site.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Yes reddit is a brilliant website and there's so many good communities. Wall streets bets is a bit mental but there are more sane subreddita like r/investing or stocks etc which is a bit more chilled out.

Anyway I sold 5 of my 14.5 shares this evening. Sold 5 for £1222 total. I put 1k into gme on Monday. Could and maybe should have held longer but don't want to let the greed get hold of me too much. I've got my money back and the rest of the shares I'm holding until Friday and I don't care if it crashes or dips or whatever. These guys can **** thsemlves and I wanna see them go bankrupt the willy pullers. Tomorrow is going to be absolutely crazy. They are going to throw everything at us to stop this happening. I expect laws to come in after this to stomp out the little man.

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Turtles Head said:

Is it too late to get involved in this?

For gme? Probably or atleast it is much riskier. Shares likely to open at around 290 dollars maybe 300. So it's risky if it crashes as your going to be left holding the bag. Saying that though there were tons of people on reddit buying in at 300/330 etc putting thousands in. Obviously if it hits 400-500 then your already up. It's going to crash hard on Friday because of people selling based on the contracts being expired however the shorts that the hedgefund are doing do not have an expiry date. So to keep squeezing the shorters it could go on for another week or even longer depending on who gives up first.

Normal, everyday people making money off the wall street vultures instead of the other way around.. Beautiful scenes.

Now the billionaire crybabies want to halt trade on GME for 30 days, are begging for bailouts, want new laws and have forced discord to close down the wallstreetbets channel! lol

I'm an absolute noob but a regular Reddit browser and my curiosity has been piqued by this.

This is the best article I've been able to find to explain it. 

Although the GME horse has most likely bolted, is there likely be more of these instances until people get bored or the huge investment firms find a way to stop it from happening?

What apps are people using?

Edited by RoboFox

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I'm an absolute noob but a regular Reddit browser and my curiosity has been piqued by this.

Although the GME horse has most likely bolted, is there likely be more of these instances until people get bored or the huge investment firms find a way to stop it from happening?

www.trading212.com/invite/FzBB00sJ

I use them. Although the shite thing crashed yesterday during fun time. Only slapped a tenner in it using some dudes link from early in the thread. Get a free share of a random amount if you use my link above. 

No idea how it compares to competitors I'm just using it for messing around. lol

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=GME&ty=c&p=d&b=1

Still shorted at 140% (short float), don't believe the news.  But also be a lot more cautious about getting in on the action because the price is way more volatile now.

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

There won't be anything on this level, no.  It's the short position which has made it possible, if you look at the other meme stocks none of them are in a similar position, but that doesn't mean they won't experience smaller rises.

This is not financial advice, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Edited by Carl the Llama

39 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

I'm using Freetrade which is similar model to Robinhood in the states. Fractional shares and commission free.

https://magic.freetrade.io/join/aaron/4d586f6d

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

www.trading212.com/invite/FzBB00sJ

I use them. Although the shite thing crashed yesterday during fun time. Only slapped a tenner in it using some dudes link from early in the thread. Get a free share of a random amount if you use my link above. 

No idea how it compares to competitors I'm just using it for messing around. lol

212 now stopping people trading in gme and amc. Lol

4 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Are these still worth a punt? Are they likely to do anything similar to GME?

No, for the reason I mentioned a few posts up.  But they are one of the big focuses of WSB so I expect some legs.   NOK, EXPR, BB, NAKD, all worth a little shout if you believe in the power of strangers on the internet.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

And they wonder why there has been so much support for attacking these hedge funds. :facepalm:

It will be a shame to see the lovely folk at Melvin Capital go bankrupt.  Still, Gamestop will probably be hiring after all this.

10 minutes ago, bmt said:

212 now stopping people trading in gme and amc. Lol

Not lol, these apps are what gives the retail investors their power.  Artificially reducing access to the market is market manipulation.

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

It will be a shame to see the lovely folk at Melvin Capital go bankrupt.  Still, Gamestop will probably be hiring after all this.

Not lol, these apps are what gives the retail investors their power.  Artificially reducing access to the market is market manipulation.

Lol wasn't me actually laughing. It's clear what they're doing.

Cant take the loss, still manipulating the market to save them. 

Wish I had the liquidity to go in on GME when I heard about it but unfortunately not! Still fun to watch from the sidelines.

Fascinating how this is panning out. People is power but people plus technology is frightening. 

I am a supporter of capitalism but no one needs multi millions of £ so any multi millionaires losing money is a good thing in my opinion. 

I've seen a lot of posts about Trading 212; however they are not onboarding new clients with the GME situation.

Is there any catch to T212? What fees are you likely to pay etc? Might set one up in the near future for a bit of a flutter. 

Is there a difference of fees between the GIA & ISA?