Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

10 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I’ve just started playing fut. I haven’t played any of the previous fut versions as I tend to just go straight into online divisions and usually settle around division 6, so I’m not terrible (I think :unsure:). I’m getting pasted 7/8 nil every game at the moment. Am I missing something? I’ve a half decent team, all are 80ish and over.

Just to expand a little, if you’re just starting out put every spare coin into the Hybrid League and Hybrid Nations SBC. You can’t lose on them as the packs are massive for what you have to put in. 
You need pace all over the pitch ideally 90+ at full back 75+ at CB and CM and then 90+ out wide and up front. 
And if you can help it, don’t control your central defenders, switch to a full back or CM and let the game auto block for you. 

Giving weekend league a go this weekend as only just qualified can see it being a long stressful weekend with no reward 😂😂getting a few games out the way today as wont get a chance all weekend just lost first game 7-1 🤦‍♂️ Any one ever not won a game on the weekend league yet ? 😂

1 hour ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Just to expand a little, if you’re just starting out put every spare coin into the Hybrid League and Hybrid Nations SBC. You can’t lose on them as the packs are massive for what you have to put in. 
You need pace all over the pitch ideally 90+ at full back 75+ at CB and CM and then 90+ out wide and up front. 
And if you can help it, don’t control your central defenders, switch to a full back or CM and let the game auto block for you. 

Appreciate the advice. I think you’ve nailed it. For me it’s a combination of lack of pace and taking too much control over my CBs. Almost every opposition attack is a goal because I’m dragging my CBs out of position or diving in.

Looking forward to giving it another crack tonight!

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Giving weekend league a go this weekend as only just qualified can see it being a long stressful weekend with no reward 😂😂getting a few games out the way today as wont get a chance all weekend just lost first game 7-1 🤦‍♂️ Any one ever not won a game on the weekend league yet ? 😂

I’m playing my first for a few weeks, probably not what you want to hear but I’ve won my first 3. After 5 games you should start to be matched with players with a similar record to you, hopefully you’ll get a few wins then :thumbup:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Appreciate the advice. I think you’ve nailed it. For me it’s a combination of lack of pace and taking too much control over my CBs. Almost every opposition attack is a goal because I’m dragging my CBs out of position or diving in.

Looking forward to giving it another crack tonight!

And whatever you do, don’t give the bastards anymore money than you’ve shelled out for the game. I’ve had the game a week and through trading and doing objectives and probably playing longer than I should I’ve got half a million coins and a half a million coin team. Just enjoy it and don’t let it stress you out.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Md9 said:

ah mate good luck, fut champs is just pure stress lol, hopefully you get the wins you want, for me it was a waste of time haha

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

So apparently Ndidi will only receive a plus 1 on his upgrade? 

Just look at the original graphic used by EA 

ndidi.jpg

rttf-img-2-16x9.png.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.png

Quite often higher rated players get 1 upgrade where lower rated get two don't they, certainly happens on things like totw and potm not sure whether its the same for this.

11 hours ago, brookfox said:

Apologies for suggesting it... but Kane?

Yep i had to:

Also had to splash out for Kante as I just couldnt form a team:

Kasper

Ricardo Ndidi Soyuncu Chilwell

Mahrez   Kante Tielemans Son

Vardy Kane

Yep I know I've cheated using Heung-Min but it is a struggle to find a half competent player to put there lol 

That defence is giving me nightmares already but we'll see how it goes

5 hours ago, Md9 said:

I’ve kept an eye on my nephews progress in the WL (he’s only 12) he’s a warrior to be fair to him 3 weekend league entries playing the majority of his games with zero wins... that being said I constantly see he’s playing online drafts as well so I guess he’s just a gluten for punishment lol 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Yep i had to:

Also had to splash out for Kante as I just couldnt form a team:

Kasper

Ricardo Ndidi Soyuncu Chilwell

Mahrez   Kante Tielemans Son

Vardy Kane

Yep I know I've cheated using Heung-Min but it is a struggle to find a half competent player to put there lol 

That defence is giving me nightmares already but we'll see how it goes

Honestly despite being silver musa is excellent at LM he is so quick and can dribble past players for fun. Could use someone like barnes for chem and then sub him on 

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

Ffs lost second game 9-0 😂 then winning comfortable then ended up losing 6-5 

Once your first five are over matchmaking will kick in and you’ll pick up some wins. I’m not going to play weekend league this year until TOTS, I get between 11 and 14 wins and it’s always a sweatfest against the same team every game. Don’t let it get in your head and take a break if you’re getting stressed with it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What team, formation, tactics are you running, they can make a massive difference.

Friday is normally a hard day to play as well.

Just switched to use this.not the best team to be fair.  I am think I am also going to try buy Vardy today as Calvert lewin is good but to slow and every one that has had him to Werner seem to fly past everyone. Yeah fridays are hard just needed to get some games in as won’t get a chance to complete it over sat and Sunday. 

699AF967-179C-4E02-8025-81E1A97DB277.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Just switched to use this.not the best team to be fair.  I am think I am also going to try buy Vardy today as Calvert lewin is good but to slow and every one that has had him to Werner seem to fly past everyone. Yeah fridays are hard just needed to get some games in as won’t get a chance to complete it over sat and Sunday. 

You need to get yourself a couple of decent CDMs like Allen if you are doing a PL team, I'd drop Modric as having a player on 4 chemistry and a team under 100 chemistry isn't going to help you cause. 7 chem is fine but try and not go below that for a player.

Without decent CDMs you are going to find defending hard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Md9 said:

699AF967-179C-4E02-8025-81E1A97DB277.jpeg

I'd change modric for someone like Alan or Ndidi and change to 433(2). Play the DM in the middle DM position then go into custom tactics and set that player to stay back when attacking. That should make you way more solid. Can also do the same to your full backs if necessary. 

• Like 1

Played against some cock yesterday who thought he was well good in rivals. 

He went 3-0 litterarlly using pace every single time. Werner, Sarah and Sterling upfront. 

Kept doing a certain kick to the wings with his goal keeper and a lot of the time getting in behind. Anyway his third goal. That kick on a diagonal from his keeper to Salah. Gets in behind and starts running at Regulion and Sanchez. Rainbow flicks it over Regulion.. sanchez somehow stands still so it goes over him too and he volleys in. Now the old me would have quit instantly but no, I actually gave it a go. I like to think I play decent stuff and more often than not I can get back in games. Anyway I manage to get Kane through on goal about to pull the trigger and bang his VVD wipes him out however its a red card for him👋

Nothing comes of the freekick but I managed to pull one back through Ndidi just before half time 3-1. Half time resumes..  I go on the attack for him to break and Werner had a turn off pace I've never seen before away from both Sanchez and Laporte. 4-1. Anyway still going at it i manage to get it back to 4-4 come 80 minutes. 90th minute I'm winning 6-4. He must have been fuming to let that lead go but anyway. 

1. How the **** do you do that goal kick?

2. How do you get the turn of pace through strikers or wingers he seemed to getting constantly?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Played against some cock yesterday who thought he was well good in rivals. 

He went 3-0 litterarlly using pace every single time. Werner, Sarah and Sterling upfront. 

Kept doing a certain kick to the wings with his goal keeper and a lot of the time getting in behind. Anyway his third goal. That kick on a diagonal from his keeper to Salah. Gets in behind and starts running at Regulion and Sanchez. Rainbow flicks it over Regulion.. sanchez somehow stands still so it goes over him too and he volleys in. Now the old me would have quit instantly but no, I actually gave it a go. I like to think I play decent stuff and more often than not I can get back in games. Anyway I manage to get Kane through on goal about to pull the trigger and bang his VVD wipes him out however its a red card for him👋

Nothing comes of the freekick but I managed to pull one back through Ndidi just before half time 3-1. Half time resumes..  I go on the attack for him to break and Werner had a turn off pace I've never seen before away from both Sanchez and Laporte. 4-1. Anyway still going at it i manage to get it back to 4-4 come 80 minutes. 90th minute I'm winning 6-4. He must have been fuming to let that lead go but anyway. 

1. How the **** do you do that goal kick?

2. How do you get the turn of pace through strikers or wingers he seemed to getting constantly?

Is it a low drilled goal kick?