Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

Have gone from 13-5 This weekend to 14-10. Will probably stop when gold 1 is no longer possible but strangely enjoyed it. The games I've lost I didn't play anybody particularly special and could have won a few of them if it wasn't for a few stupid mistakes on my part. 

Unfortunately can't fit my red pick Mane into my team but he's a great sub, I play 8 depth and just love to attack so it's great to beat some 1 depth drop back mega teams when they're not used to facing the all out attack option!

Screenshot_20201122-103510_Companion.jpg

i still only have 3 wins in around 12-13 games, dont think its worth worrying about as a weekly thing, ill concentrate on getting gold 1 in rivals and elite 1 in squad battles to inflatee my card collection, its less stressful. that said, i probably wil lplay a few WL games this evening just to see if it is indeed, easier, but i seriously doubt i can get a level reward that includes a player pick

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

i still only have 3 wins in around 12-13 games, dont think its worth worrying about as a weekly thing, ill concentrate on getting gold 1 in rivals and elite 1 in squad battles to inflatee my card collection, its less stressful. that said, i probably wil lplay a few WL games this evening just to see if it is indeed, easier, but i seriously doubt i can get a level reward that includes a player pick

It might just be me but I've always played WL on Friday and occasionally Saturdays but this week I've tried the Sunday thing. I'm currently sitting at gold 3 with 10 games left. I've never reached gold 2 on this Fifa and often will finish silver 1. I would certainly recommend giving the Sunday thing ago!

• Like 1

Just now, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Finally won a friendly after about 8 goes. Nearly everyone has the two silver informs up front. 

Also packed an untradeable icon in one of the libertadores SBC. 

Who did you pack?

4 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

The whole playing on Sunday for easier games clearly doesn't apply for me lol

Its something I’ve done for a while tend to get 3/4 wins on fri same on Saturday then play the rest on Sunday! Doesn’t always work in your favour though as if your head goes early doors you’re screwed lol I always stop at 14 wins though regardless of how many games I’ve got left

Edited by dbtcity

30 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Its something I’ve done for a while tend to get 3/4 wins on fri same on Saturday then play the rest on Sunday! Doesn’t always work in your favour though as if your head goes early doors you’re screwed lol I always stop at 14 wins though regardless of how many games I’ve got left

I should've done the same, stopped at gold 3 then used the remaining games to get rank 1 in rivals. There's some dark forces at work on fifa though! 

11 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I should've done the same, stopped at gold 3 then used the remaining games to get rank 1 in rivals. There's some dark forces at work on fifa though! 

I’ve not touched it since last Sunday and it feels brilliant lol might make a return when icon swaps drops

36 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Me too, From 13-5 to 16-14 :thumbdown:

Absolute classic FUT champs there. Been amazed I haven't had that this time but some absolute nonsense in my games as per usual.

Mechanically, this FIFA has got 3 big issues with defending that undermine it (ignoring the fact it's not a very good game anyway!):

- Changing player just seems to go to random players, even when using the right stick. Always been an issue in other FIFA's but it's so bad in this one. Cost me so many goals.

- The Pull/Push mechanic not being there and being replaced by those random tackles into thin air. The amount of times you get done down the sides because your player decides to lunge and tackle nothing leaving your opponent a free run at goal. Add onto that the fact that you can only initiate contact with opposition players seemingly at random when running alongside them, you're left with plenty of cheap goals against

- And of course, classic FIFA where either pace or strength is broken one year. Literally no point in the strength stat this year unless I've just missed it and Dembele is actually the new Hulk.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Absolute classic FUT champs there. Been amazed I haven't had that this time but some absolute nonsense in my games as per usual.

Mechanically, this FIFA has got 3 big issues with defending that undermine it (ignoring the fact it's not a very good game anyway!):

- Changing player just seems to go to random players, even when using the right stick. Always been an issue in other FIFA's but it's so bad in this one. Cost me so many goals.

- The Pull/Push mechanic not being there and being replaced by those random tackles into thin air. The amount of times you get done down the sides because your player decides to lunge and tackle nothing leaving your opponent a free run at goal. Add onto that the fact that you can only initiate contact with opposition players seemingly at random when running alongside them, you're left with plenty of cheap goals against

- And of course, classic FIFA where either pace or strength is broken one year. Literally no point in the strength stat this year unless I've just missed it and Dembele is actually the new Hulk.

Agreed, plus the fact you can’t press the standing tackle button anymore without giving away a free kick or a penalty.

The amount of penalties I’ve had given against me since the last patch has been stupidly high.

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

This is the one that infuriates me sometimes. It's cost me a few goals this weekend and I'm sure it's the same for my opponents. I've tried the right trigger method but it's too random!

On a whole though I did enjoy this weekend league for once, sod drop back 1 depth, it's all about attack lol

22 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I played a bronze team on ultimate and got beat 4-1. It was like playing in fut champs.

I think I lost 9-4 or something along that score line. Normally tight until the last 30 mins then all of a sudden they score about 4 and that’s the game gone 

3 minutes ago, Md9 said:

I think I lost 9-4 or something along that score line. Normally tight until the last 30 mins then all of a sudden they score about 4 and that’s the game gone 

I reckon I’ll only play to silver one in squad battles from now on. 2 15k packs and 7k coins for three or four games seems like an ok reward. I seem to get loads of dcs but only in squad battles, usually in the last ten minutes aswell.

24 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I reckon I’ll only play to silver one in squad battles from now on. 2 15k packs and 7k coins for three or four games seems like an ok reward. I seem to get loads of dcs but only in squad battles, usually in the last ten minutes aswell.

That is what I play to in squad battles can not handle any more games.

Ps I find I only get disconnected from squad battles when using a wired internet connection, so now I play my online games on a wired connection and my squad battles on a wireless connection.

• Like 1