Looks decent. Also for those eyeing a new console this year, you get a "free" upgrade with the exception of those going from disc to disc less. 

"As you'd expect, the physical copy of FIFA 21 on PS4 also includes your entitlement to download and play the PS5 version of the game (and Xbox One with Xbox Series X), so you still can upgrade for free if you buy a next-gen console with a disc drive. However, if you buy a discless next-gen console, you need to buy FIFA 21 digitally to take advantage of the upgrade offer "as physical discs cannot currently be used to upgrade to discless consoles".

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-19-fifa-21-current-gen-release-date-announced-pc-version-confirmed-for-steam

What about any changes to the 2020/2021 football season? Will these be reflected in FIFA 21?

We remain in constant communication with our club and league partners around the world to understand the impact of COVID-19 on the footballing landscape. We will continue to liaise with them in the coming months as they work through their plans for the upcoming season.

Is career mode not the only place this would matter? Sure EA, you're in communication and might adjust career mode to reflect what's happening in the real world... I believe you.

Nah.

Given that Fifa 20 was an utter embarrassment, with no tangible new features, and was patched to completion about 3 months after release, then I'll pass.

Companies churning out sh*t, unfinished products don't deserve consumers' money.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Given that Fifa 20 was an utter embarrassment, with no tangible new features, and was patched to completion about 3 months after release, then I'll pass.

Companies churning out sh*t products don't deserve consumers' money.

Similar view to me here, I usually buy on/around release most years, but this year I'm not sure if I will. 

They release these great new mechanics and play styles, for it to be patched beyond recognition. I get bored of playing the game one day, then having a completely different game the next due to servers or updates

• Like 1
1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Similar view to me here, I usually buy on/around release most years, but this year I'm not sure if I will. 

They release these great new mechanics and play styles, for it to be patched beyond recognition. I get bored of playing the game one day, then having a completely different game the next due to servers or updates

Years of EA's attitude of "we'll just release any old sh*t and the idiots will buy" is starting to come back to bite them. It wouldn't be acceptable in any other industry, yet in video games it's becoming more commonplace. Thankfully, people seem to be cottoning on to EA's tactics in particular.

If this years' game is anything like the last five or six, then hopefully sales drop off a cliff and they get the repercussions they deserve.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Years of EA's attitude of "we'll just release any old sh*t and the idiots will buy" is starting to come back to bite them. It wouldn't be acceptable in any other industry, yet in video games it's becoming more commonplace. Thankfully, people seem to be cottoning on to EA's series in particular.

If this years' game is anything like the last five or six, then hopefully sales drop off a cliff and they get the repercussions they deserve.

That's one aspect I hate; you look back over the past few years and the same OP player cards are re-released in different versions or formats. Their nerfing of tactics and funnelling to basically one effective method of scoring has also grown tiring.

Be nice if they make the Switch version at least playable but seeings as they won’t spend a bit of effort on anything other than Ultimate Team or that scripted nonsense, I don’t have much hope. 

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Nah.

Companies churning out sh*t, unfinished products don't deserve consumers' money.

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

That's why I don't buy it every year anymore. It's the same. I didn't buy Fifa20 and after the reviews I'm glad I didn't. Might miss this one too.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That's why I don't buy it every year anymore. It's the same. I didn't buy Fifa20 and after the reviews I'm glad I didn't. Might miss this one too.

It's a shame as I love the game and love the developing squads and teams on UT. But the gameplay really kills it for me at times. I know each game will have a "meta", but FIFA has a single "meta" and basically every other tactic is poor or unusable. 

• Like 1

This years is probably the least I've ever played, although I still play clubs but that's more for the banter and laughing at the awful AI gameplay.

I want to say I won't bother with 21, but I know come a Friday or Saturday night when all my mates are on I'll probably end up getting it.

Surely the development will be f ucked? Even if some developers can work from home I can’t imagine it’s going to be a passable game, it’s barely enough of an improvement year on year as it is.

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Surely the development will be f ucked? Even if some developers can work from home I can’t imagine it’s going to be a passable game, it’s barely enough of an improvement year on year as it is.

Totally agree. It's going to be a roster update and that's about it.

Really strange they didn't go all out with their reveal considering it's a new console gen.

This year's FIFA was the first one that I've genuinely felt was a poor game as opposed to just being acardey with the usual rubbish on top and the lack of strides forwards compared to the previous year. Since the move to the Frostbite engine, it's just been small changes year on year compared to a big overhaul every few years.

Disappointed to see that they're still on the same engine and the fact that they're offering a free upgrade suggests it's going to simply be fresh coat of paint rather than anything revolutionary (which is needed).

Historically the first FIFA games for each next-gen games have been pretty limp so combined with the issues surrounding developing during COVID, I won't expect a return to form. 

• 1 month later...

Are people going to keep buying this trash year on year? 

I strongly encourage to hit EA where it really hurts - their pockets. Stop buying this game or wasting your money on stupid chance-based microtransactions that continue to sucker kids and vulnerable people to gambling. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Adster said:

Are people going to keep buying this trash year on year? 

I strongly encourage to hit EA where it really hurts - their pockets. Stop buying this game or wasting your money on stupid chance-based microtransactions that continue to sucker kids and vulnerable people to gambling. 

Yup

I enjoy it, Ultimate team for me is a really fun game mode even though my pack luck is trash, but I enjoy the trading aspect and working towards an epic team. Ive never spent a penny on points and never will.

I also play pro clubs with friends on there throughout the year.

despite Fifa having its many flaws... its the one game that keeps me occupied all year

• Like 1