Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Words around badge

5 hours ago, majaco said:

Homophobic.  Get over yourself.

i actually didn’t mean it that way of course which is why i then edited it and changed it as i knew it would be taken that way.  it was always used as ‘lame’ when i was younger but i do apologize if anyone was offended by it!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

i actually didn’t mean it that way of course which is why i then edited it and changed it as i knew it would be taken that way.  it was always used as ‘lame’ when i was younger but i do apologize if anyone was offended by it!

Yeah that pretty much explains why people might be offended.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Just out of interest, if one of the players accidentally ran out with their match top on inside out, the words around the badge would say 'niaga uoy rof won uoy rof neht uoy rof'.

Slightly off topic but important none the less.

rettam sevil kcalb

3 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Just out of interest, if one of the players accidentally ran out with their match top on inside out, the words around the badge would say 'niaga uoy rof won uoy rof neht uoy rof'.

Slightly off topic but important none the less.

nah, some Welshman  would be offended!

Edited by Gordon the Great
missed word

58 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

To completely digress, I think it would be great to have a star underneath the badge. Just adds a bit of class, in honour of winning the premier league.

I think not - but homage on our shirts via way of star may not be the worst idea - not underneath the LCFC badge though as that would look tinpot as other clubs put on their CL wins or WC wins on National shirts...

What might be a goer is to have a star embroided on the sleeve/shoulder which would sit above the PL badge to denote the title win?

I reckon that would be a more tasteful nod and that other clubs would likely follow suit - I think it would be good for marketing, players, fanbase and the LCFC brand.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I think not - but homage on our shirts via way of star may not be the worst idea - not underneath the LCFC badge though as that would look tinpot as other clubs put on their CL wins or WC wins on National shirts...

What might be a goer is to have a star embroided on the sleeve/shoulder which would sit above the PL badge to denote the title win?

I reckon that would be a more tasteful nod and that other clubs would likely follow suit - I think it would be good for marketing, players, fanbase and the LCFC brand.

No. Just no. 

No one in this Country has anything on their shirts to remember title or cup wins bar the dinosaurs just up the road. 

It isn't an English thing. Liverpool have to wear the gold badge in the Champions League but that's a ruling. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

No. Just no. 

No one in this Country has anything on their shirts to remember title or cup wins bar the dinosaurs just up the road. 

It isn't an English thing. Liverpool have to wear the gold badge in the Champions League but that's a ruling. 

Historical precedent isn’t really a reason for something not changing but I respect your opinion.

I think a star on the arm to denote a PL win is pretty harmless. It serves as a badge of honour for fans and a bit of gold to keep our owners happy and it off the rest of the shirt, plus its good for branding, marketing and fan base (and increasing it).

I see your point and wouldn’t have it under our badge but would consider it on a sleeve.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Historical precedent isn’t really a reason for something not changing but I respect your opinion.

I think a star on the arm to denote a PL win is pretty harmless. It serves as a badge of honour for fans and a bit of gold to keep our owners happy and it off the rest of the shirt, plus its good for branding, marketing and fan base (and increasing it).

I see your point and wouldn’t have it under our badge but would consider it on a sleeve.

Yeah that would work for me, a discreet nod to our success.

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Abilist! :angry: