Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well I can tell you for nothing that it'll be ignored. 

And rightly so. Can you imagine a 'no family visit' declaration being issued Christmas Eve?

If the British public,whites,blacks,blues,greens,shades,tones.....Dont wise up on the street,then Yes the UK will be "lonely this Christmas...

Yes the UK Govt,have neither been clever or smart..or preemptive where it matters..

but like I am critical of some (again small %) of the German public....The General public in the UK Haven t yet understood 'pandemic'

You cant Keep blaming und Govterments...Joe public also have to carry their responsibilities...I Song understand Why with high infection rate still

through many parts of UK & Europe,Why the Brits would even Think of going to Spain...!!!!ich

El hombre,Joe blogs,John Doe, 'man with no name'....in the educated west....Dozos..fking Dozos the lot of you....!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

For me, these measures are clearly targeted at the Muslim community. What would be the point of banning people to visit each other’s houses right before Eid? I highly doubt it’s because there’s been a massive surge of people have barbecues. 

Surely you'd see places like Bradford and Luton locked down as well then? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

For me, these measures are clearly targeted at the Muslim community. What would be the point of banning people to visit each other’s houses right before Eid? I highly doubt it’s because there’s been a massive surge of people have barbecues. 

Then the below will just about confuse the shit out of everyone:

Eid celebrations can take place at places of worship

Labour MP for Leicester East Claudia Webbe has said that Eid celebrations can take place at places of worship as long as social distancing is observed but not in private homes.

She tweeted: “So just finished a call with Govt Ministers and Health Officials.

“No Eid with others in private homes or gardens except ‘single household bubbles’ but places of worship allowed as long as strict social distancing in place in accordance with the regulations.”

Basically, no one knows what they are doing!

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No-one has a clue what's going on.

But we're allowed to meet in pubs, restaurants etc. because it contributes to our economy and social distancing measures are put in place to try and reduce the spread. Sitting in someones front room all cramped in doesn't do anything for our economy. IMO this has more to do with Eid being this weekend.

Again, just use your common sense. You want to go and visit your parents? Do it. Just don't spend the night before round a friends house at a house party with 20 other people, otherwise you might put them in danger.

Literally this. I'm as annoyed about this as anyone. The lack of information is appalling. However, you don't need your hand holding by the government, just use common sense, it's really not that hard.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Absolutely. 

I got blasted by someone on here a while back who challenged me to define 'common sense'....

I listen to radio 5. People ringing in for spurious scenarios wanting / needing a definite 'yes or no' if it's 'allowed'. It's like the whole country has become institutionalised. 

We can all do whatever the **** we want. Just, it's kinda polite to be respectful of others and not recklessly take risks with others' health. 

I still only see my Mum and Dad in their garden. I still work from home. My social life has prob reduced by 90%. I wear a mask to shop. But likewise, I haven't taken a blind bit of notice of the 'rules' literally from day 1. All of the above are more or less my choices...

Agree. I am now back in work full time, we take good measures, even when on site visits. My mum and Dad are definitely in the highly vulnerable category so I make sure I sit well away from them in their garden when I visit (every month or so). Yet when my missus comes back from Ireland, we won't be going anywhere near my parents for a while.

It's like people are trying to find every small scenario like you say, then requiring a yes/no on it. 

The ones bashing you to define 'common sense' are the same ones who probably took part in VE day celebrations but claimed to be 'socially distancing'

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

So... Pubs, restaurants, cafés, cinemas and museums open on Monday, but only essential travel is allowed.

So how do I get to these places?

Is this correct? I've searched for the answer to this but can't find it.

Guest Fktf
4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Absolutely. 

I got blasted by someone on here a while back who challenged me to define 'common sense'....

I listen to radio 5. People ringing in for spurious scenarios wanting / needing a definite 'yes or no' if it's 'allowed'. It's like the whole country has become institutionalised. 

We can all do whatever the **** we want. Just, it's kinda polite to be respectful of others and not recklessly take risks with others' health. 

I still only see my Mum and Dad in their garden. I still work from home. My social life has prob reduced by 90%. I wear a mask to shop. But likewise, I haven't taken a blind bit of notice of the 'rules' literally from day 1. All of the above are more or less my choices...

I remember talking to someone about common sense - sorry if you're referring to me here, and if I came across as having a go.

If you use common sense to avoid putting others at risk, it probably means you end up following most of the rules anyway. Really, the rules are aimed at the (small proportion) of people that are not polite, respectful, lack common sense, and/or a mix of the three. For instance, you might go to the garden and keep a distance from your folks, but others will be having VE day parties with their folks, and they'll still be large multi-generational Eid celebrations tomorrow.

But - cases are rising because enough people can't behave with the decency you refer to. We'll need to find a way to alter their behaviour, or face further restrictions. 

1 hour ago, Fktf said:

I remember talking to someone about common sense - sorry if you're referring to me here, and if I came across as having a go.

If you use common sense to avoid putting others at risk, it probably means you end up following most of the rules anyway. Really, the rules are aimed at the (small proportion) of people that are not polite, respectful, lack common sense, and/or a mix of the three. For instance, you might go to the garden and keep a distance from your folks, but others will be having VE day parties with their folks, and they'll still be large multi-generational Eid celebrations tomorrow.

But - cases are rising because enough people can't behave with the decency you refer to. We'll need to find a way to alter their behaviour, or face further restrictions. 

Yeah, it's not about the rules, it's about people not following the basic guidelines in the first place.

You can change "the rules", but the idiots still won't follow them. Why should they? They weren't before.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Apparently you can go to the pub on Monday, but you can't meet anyone from another household there.

How is that going to happen unless you're the only person in the pub?

Hancock says the instructions are clear. 

Duh. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fktf said:

Then we're largely on the same songsheet. 

Though I'm more c'est la vie with those who are ignoring all rules. I'm quite comfortable that we all have a choice and don't need to be compelled. 

I think it was Tony Blair's institute that suggested each individual should assess their own risk profile and have a rough outline of what's sensible behaviour based on your risk profile. 

There's a possibility that a summer of fresh air and minimal NHS pressure may well have been the best time to let the u35s (or at least those not in a risk group)  loose and give it each other in one mass 'chixkenpox party'....athhe same time getting an economy going and letting off some national steam.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Apparently you can go to the pub on Monday, but you can't meet anyone from another household there.

How is that going to happen unless you're the only person in the pub?

Its not hard to understand is it? We didn't all sit here during lockdown proper when we were told not to meet up with anyone etc and say 'well how can I go shopping unless I'm the only person in the shop'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Its not hard to understand is it? We didn't all sit here during lockdown proper when we were told not to meet up with anyone etc and say 'well how can I go shopping unless I'm the only person in the shop'

But it's never been said, you can go shops but not meet people, whereas if has about pub.

Also it's still "essential" travel only. So... are pubs and restaurants essential?

I'm all for opening them and people being cautious, but don't have conflicting rules.

Guest Fktf
6 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Then we're largely on the same songsheet. 

Though I'm more c'est la vie with those who are ignoring all rules. I'm quite comfortable that we all have a choice and don't need to be compelled. 

I think it was Tony Blair's institute that suggested each individual should assess their own risk profile and have a rough outline of what's sensible behaviour based on your risk profile. 

There's a possibility that a summer of fresh air and minimal NHS pressure may well have been the best time to let the u35s (or at least those not in a risk group)  loose and give it each other in one mass 'chixkenpox party'....athhe same time getting an economy going and letting off some national steam.

I find it hard to be care free about stupid people ignoring the rules. Right or wrong, it is clear the govt are going to try and keep cases low. That being the case, people ignoring common sense are the ones that have stopped the local economy opening up.

7 hours ago, Fktf said:

I find it hard to be care free about stupid people ignoring the rules. Right or wrong, it is clear the govt are going to try and keep cases low. That being the case, people ignoring common sense are the ones that have stopped the local economy opening up.

Yet what was done about those people ignoring the rules? Absolutely nothing. So once again we're all punished because a select few can't abide by the rules. As I said about a month or so ago, until that changes, people will continue to break the rules and feel no shame in doing so.

On 31/07/2020 at 07:54, fuchsntf said:

If the British public,whites,blacks,blues,greens,shades,tones.....Dont wise up on the street,then Yes the UK will be "lonely this Christmas...

Yes the UK Govt,have neither been clever or smart..or preemptive where it matters..

but like I am critical of some (again small %) of the German public....The General public in the UK Haven t yet understood 'pandemic'

You cant Keep blaming und Governments...Joe public also have to carry their responsibilities...I cant understand Why with high infection rate still

through many parts of UK & Europe,Why the Brits would even Think of going to Spain...!!!!

El hombre,Joe blogs,John Doe, 'man with no name'....in the educated west....Dozos..fking Dozos the lot of you....!!!

On 31/07/2020 at 06:17, Phube said:

To be fair; O&W in total has had only 1 case in 5 days with increased testing.

But I can sympathise with Leicester not being split up into its wards as most at the same a South Wigston, I.e. bugger all cases and caught up in it! 

That's the magic question, county is been treated as per ward, city is been treated as one.

• Like 1