Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

It does raise the question though, what are the premier league rules if matches dont go ahead due to coronavirus or another outbreak?

Are they just postponed again or is there a forfeit / automatic draw element?

Being from the area but now living in Barnsley, are there any thoughts on what is causing this particular increase in Leicester? 

Barnsley was increasing in May, which wasn't a surprise with the amount of people who appeared to be out and about around the local parks, house parties etc ignoring social distancing guidelines. It appeared to slow down or at least wasn't as reported as much over the last month up until a few days ago when multiple cases were reported at a royal mail distribution centre. 

9 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Being from the area but now living in Barnsley, are there any thoughts on what is causing this particular increase in Leicester? 

Barnsley was increasing in May, which wasn't a surprise with the amount of people who appeared to be out and about around the local parks, house parties etc ignoring social distancing guidelines. It appeared to slow down or at least wasn't as reported as much over the last month up until a few days ago when multiple cases were reported at a royal mail distribution centre. 

I believe it is just pockets of the city and all to do with Eid celebrations. The city won’t go in to lockdown. And it isn’t that many cases but obviously on a graph it shows a massive spike. 

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

There was an outbreak in a Sandwich factory that's probably boosted these figures too. 

Is it a halal sandwich factory ..........😉 

and they wouldn’t move our home games unless the ground is in an affected area ...... and even then the ‘bubble’ nature of project restart makes than unlikely 

Edited by st albans fox

38 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Culmination of things I think. Where I live it’s as if it never happened. Shops are obviously imposing regulations, restaurants and pubs closed, but parks are full, the streets are full and there’s house parties most weekends. So could be one of a contributing factors!

Surely the main thing they should be tracking is a rise in hospital admissions, and or increase in deaths.

Personaly I feel people getting the virus as has always been the case isnt really an issue if they are young and healthy. The issue is the old and vulnerable getting it and local hospitals being overwhelmed.

I wonder how many out of those 600 odd have required critical care? There are theories amongst some overseas experts the virus is becoming less potent over time.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

Down here in Cornwall we have had a relatively easy time with the Covid19 virus being the lowest in the Country, we did have a slight spike when the Government allowed people to travel down but return home in a day (a family from Leicester were turned back home at a junction on the M5 due to Police checks)

People still seem to think that this virus is not a threat and for the last month they have ignored the warnings, a spike is inevitable and I don’t think we have had the worst of it yet unfortunately...

Edited by NewquayFox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Surely the main thing they should be tracking is a rise in hospital admissions, and or increase in deaths.

Personaly I feel people getting the virus as has always been the case isnt really an issue if they are young and healthy. The issue is the old and vulnerable getting it and local hospitals being overwhelmed.

I wonder how many out of those 600 odd have required critical care? There are theories amongst some overseas experts the virus is becoming less potent over time.

The number of people actually dying in hospital with the disease has dropped dramatically (as a percentage of those in there). The explanation for that is unknown but that is one of the possibilities....

I think data comparisons are going to be fraught with inconsistencies 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Soulsby said that hospital admissions are still decreasing so I tend to agree with you. If more and more people are just getting a mild illness then is it really worth introducing drastic lockdown measures?

28 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Is it a halal sandwich factory ..........😉 

and they wouldn’t move our home games unless the ground is in an affected area ...... and even then the ‘bubble’ nature of project restart makes than unlikely 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/staff-samworth-brothers-sandwich-factory-4269744.amp

I'm assumimg not ;)

But yes, the "bubble" of project restart and continuous testing should reduce any risks  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

People just don't give a shit. 

How many people wear masks? Hardly any. Add to that people having parties, Eid celebrations went ahead with no control etc etc

Mixed messages from the government don't help.

It's a complete mess and an international embarrassment.

What Eid celebrations went ahead in the CIty ?

• Like 1

Localised lockdowns won't work. 

If restrictions are imposed in Leicester, or anywhere else, but pubs are opening in other areas, you're telling me the same idiots who think they're invincible aren't going to travel 20 miles to another area? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If restrictions are imposed in Leicester, or anywhere else, but pubs are opening in other areas, you're telling me the same idiots who think they're invincible aren't going to travel 20 miles to another area? 

I think you’re right. I think this is going to be the ways things go until it either dies naturally, or a vaccine is created. The thought of returning to normal anytime soon just isn’t happening.

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Would have to be policed heavily for it to work. All roads in and out of the city closed, only let in and out for work. 

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Eid was over a month ago and there's literally zero evidence that there were any eid related mass gatherings. Much more to do with outbreaks in food production settings where conditions for transmission are perfect. At least this outbreak has been recognised, more worrying would be cases which aren't being picked up.

As for LCFC games, they'll still be played unless players start testing positive.   

Exactly, to see what the cause was you have to look two weeks ago. From memory (could be wrong) that was the weekend with the BLM protests and counter protests and people meeting up in parks. More likely to be the cause but some people will try blame Islam for anything, which exposes their true character.

• Like 4

I think any type of lock down will just be a reinforcing of previous advice for people's own good and fro the to use common sense. I just don't foresee anything stronger unless we get a massive peak in admissions and deaths.