Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

Guest Mee-9
2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

‘We need to sort out this obesity problem’ 

*Announce VAT cut making Big Mac as cheap as £1.60 FFS

Genuinely it’s so ridiculous its laughable. 

Imagine how cheap a Maryland Chicken will be. Two chicken burgers, chips and a drink is probably pennies. But not to fear, you can burn it off by digging out the bike you haven’t been on since the 70s, has two wooden wheels but that now has a new bell on because the Gov gave you a fifty quid bike voucher. 

Let me get this straight.

In the North, Leicester included, two households cannot meet in a pub.  To get around this, couldn't you arrive at the pub and stand at opposite ends of the bar and conduct a conversation from there?  

If not, surely Hancock is saying that only one person is allowed in any pub at any one time as the scenario I've just given is equivalent to two people chancing upon seeing each other and starting up small talk across a bar?

This is how daft these rules are becoming.

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

People are saying you can’t go in others gardens? I read it that you can’t go inside a house, didn’t say about a garden. 

Liz Kendall says can't meet indoors. Jon Ashworth says can't meet indoors or in private gardens. 

Both waiting for full guidance from the Government, so nothing confirmed as of yet. 

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Let me get this straight.

In the North, Leicester included, two households cannot meet in a pub.  To get around this, couldn't you arrive at the pub and stand at opposite ends of the bar and conduct a conversation from there?  

If not, surely Hancock is saying that only one person is allowed in any pub at any one time as the scenario I've just given is equivalent to two people chancing upon seeing each other and starting up small talk across a bar?

This is how daft these rules are becoming.

Doesn’t make sense to me.

You could sit or dine at a table with your household. Yet you are still ‘mixing’ with staff and still using shared spaces such as toilets. 

Which is a larger risk than say just popping around your parents for a cup of tea 

I thought our finish to the season was a shitshow but i think our government beats us to it hands down. I really do think now we have been guienea pigs in all of this for future decisions for the winter. I hope i am wrong but a lot of things do not add up in my opinion.

No-one has a clue what's going on.

But we're allowed to meet in pubs, restaurants etc. because it contributes to our economy and social distancing measures are put in place to try and reduce the spread. Sitting in someones front room all cramped in doesn't do anything for our economy. IMO this has more to do with Eid being this weekend.

Again, just use your common sense. You want to go and visit your parents? Do it. Just don't spend the night before round a friends house at a house party with 20 other people, otherwise you might put them in danger.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Doesn’t make sense to me.

You could sit or dine at a table with your household. Yet you are still ‘mixing’ with staff and still using shared spaces such as toilets. 

Which is a larger risk than say just popping around your parents for a cup of tea 

So parents in the lockdown area can meet indoors with family outside of the lockdown area but the same is not true the other way round?  lol

Edited by Legend_in_blue

25 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So we are open in terms of public places but can’t meet in private with separate households... I’m confused still ffs sort it out Rodgers 

Sorry, Lee Congerton is running the country.

For me, these measures are clearly targeted at the Muslim community. What would be the point of banning people to visit each other’s houses right before Eid? I highly doubt it’s because there’s been a massive surge of people have barbecues. 

• Like 1

Our political system is an archaic, incestual utterly redundant institution that bares no relevance to the catastrophic problems humanity currently faces. Let alone this pathetically weak version of capitalism that props up our economy, which falls apart at the seams with the slightest nudge.

I am also available for childrens parties. 

As I expected really, I didnt fully post my prediction as I wasnt that confident on it.  But I did expect oadby and wigston to come out of it, as it was a tory MP protesting.

The entire Leicester City remains in lockdown which is a farce, my ward has 1/5 of oadby infections.

But what has got me head scratching is the new restrictions, so basically people can to a place to get drunk where we know in that situation social distancing will be nothing, but cannot meet up in homes or gardens.

I expect the reason for the adhoc late announcement was they probably didnt even discuss it until today and was likely an emergency meeting, with the dilemma of how to keep Leicester in lockdown, but not making it obvious its been picked on, hence having to now include other areas.

I will now predict the city wont get out of lockdown before a new national lockdown, a new national lockdown will happen when London gets increases again, as with governments London = the country.  The criteria for taking the city out is I expect to get numbers down to county levels which is never going to happen.

To me pubs, cinemas and restaurant's are the last thing to remove in a lockdown, so if they are opening really we should be out of it.  But this was done clearly for money reasons.

I can understand banning home parties and any other large event, but a blanket ban on people visiting homes is excessive.  There is many lonely people out there.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

As I expected really, I didnt fully post my prediction as I wasnt that confident on it.  But I did expect oadby and wigston to come out of it, as it was a tory MP protesting.

The entire Leicester City remains in lockdown which is a farce, my ward has 1/5 of oadby infections.

But what has got me head scratching is the new restrictions, so basically people can to a place to get drunk where we know in that situation social distancing will be nothing, but cannot meet up in homes or gardens.

I expect the reason for the adhoc late announcement was they probably didnt even discuss it until today and was likely an emergency meeting, with the dilemma of how to keep Leicester in lockdown, but not making it obvious its been picked on, hence having to now include other areas.

I will now predict the city wont get out of lockdown before a new national lockdown, a new national lockdown will happen when London gets increases again, as with governments London = the country.  The criteria for taking the city out is I expect to get numbers down to county levels which is never going to happen.

To me pubs, cinemas and restaurant's are the last thing to remove in a lockdown, so if they are opening really we should be out of it.  But this was done clearly for money reasons.

I can understand banning home parties and any other large event, but a blanket ban on people visiting homes is excessive.  There is many lonely people out there.

To be fair; O&W in total has had only 1 case in 5 days with increased testing.

But I can sympathise with Leicester not being split up into its wards as most at the same a South Wigston, I.e. bugger all cases and caught up in it! 

6 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

For me, these measures are clearly targeted at the Muslim community. What would be the point of banning people to visit each other’s houses right before Eid? I highly doubt it’s because there’s been a massive surge of people have barbecues. 

Well I can tell you for nothing that it'll be ignored. 

And rightly so. Can you imagine a 'no family visit' declaration being issued Christmas Eve?

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well I can tell you for nothing that it'll be ignored. 

And rightly so. Can you imagine a 'no family visit' declaration being issued Christmas Eve?

Now this would be awesome! "sorry dear, we can't go and see you mum and dad on Christmas Day. And they can't come to us. Bummer....."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2