Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Liz Kendall just tweeted saying pubs, bars, cafe's and restaurants can open but gyms and leisure centres to remain closed. 

But Hancock said restrictions remain in place. This isn't restrictions staying in place.. Government communication a shambles as ever. What about travel? Supposedly banned in out and across the city unless.....

Edited by reynard

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

But Hancock said restrictions remain in place. This isn't restrictions staying in place.. Government communication a shambles as ever. What about travel? Supposedly banned in out and across the city unless.....

BBC news article have changed to say same restrictions apply to that in Manchester etc. 

Its so unclear tbh! We are all here, scratching our heads, checking social media outlets for info, rumours etc and the Government can't hold a simple press conference to clarify things. 

• Thanks 1

How did they release information before twitter? Social media has dumbed down government communication.

They know full well the latest restrictions will be ignored by most but they are desperate to be seen to be making "decisive action" 

People that were using common sense anyway will continue to do so. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There you go having to get another piece of information from other MPs. 

It’s like you have to find the information and puzzle pieces yourself, put them all together to work it out. 

Surely any competent bunch release the info all in a single moment. Not some drip feed

Exactly. As a business owner I'd now take my business into my own hands. 

No more reading between the lines or looking for the real law behind the official bluster. 

Open up. Trade. Ignore this vile shitshow govt. (I listened to a head teacher this morning on R5 who is intending to open his school with kids wearing masks....as he said, it's up to me now and using common sense)

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

The lack of big announcement makes me fuming. This is people’s lives they’re messing with. 

But then again. This is the government who wants to cure obesity by giving out 50,000 ‘fix your bike vouchers’ whilst making fast food places and restaurants so cheap, that if you gave them beggars outside Maccies near the Clock Tower a fiver, they’d be fed for a year and still have enough change for 20 Mayfair. 

The handling of this from the Government is so inept, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. It's unbelievable. 

They run the country, and they can't even issue a clear and precise statement; leaving thousands of people to try and work it out amongst themselves. 

5 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The lack of big announcement makes me fuming. This is people’s lives they’re messing with. 

But then again. This is the government who wants to cure obesity by giving out 50,000 ‘fix your bike vouchers’ whilst making fast food places and restaurants so cheap, that if you gave them beggars outside Maccies near the Clock Tower a fiver, they’d be fed for a year and still have enough change for 20 Mayfair. 

‘We need to sort out this obesity problem’ 

*Announce VAT cut making Big Mac as cheap as £1.60 FFS

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Sounds as though pubs, restaurants, barbers in Leicester will open but not gyms, leisure centres etc.

Oadby and Wigston “out of lockdown” according to their MP, so guessing they’ve got the all clear. 

It's disgraceful we're relying on 'sounds like' and Twitter to find out wtf is going on 

• Like 2