Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 3-0 Crystal Palace - Vote Now

Leicester City 3-0 Crystal Palace

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.0

Total Average Rating

131 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Wilfred Ndidi 7.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Ben Chilwell 6.2
  4. Manager Confidence 98% +15%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 04/07/20
Voting Ends: 07/07/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. James Justin
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Marc Albrighton
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. Ayoze Pérez
  10. Kelechi Iheanacho
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Ryan Bennett (sub)
  13. Dennis Praet (sub)
  14. Christian Fuchs (sub)
  15. Harvey Barnes (sub)

Sprinkled a lot of 7’s in.

Tielemans and Albrighton my unsung heroes with 8’s.

Solid defensive display across the board meaning Kasper had hardly anything to do.

Wilf and Evans just so solid and consistent this season. 

Hard to judge on a short appearance off the bench but Bennett looked very solid and at home in our team.

6 hours ago, shanetko said:

Sprinkled a lot of 7’s in.

Tielemans and Albrighton my unsung heroes with 8’s.

Solid defensive display across the board meaning Kasper had hardly anything to do.

Wilf and Evans just so solid and consistent this season. 

Hard to judge on a short appearance off the bench but Bennett looked very solid and at home in our team.

Agree with all of that.  Given that he wasn't even making the bench for most of his time here, I thought Bennet did pretty well.  Don't think the agreed permanent transfer fee his very high, so could well be a cheap insurance in central defence.

14 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

7s all round apart from a 9 for Barnes with an unselfish assist and a marvellous assist, oh and a 10 for Vardy for being Vardy. Not sure what happened to Chilwell yesterday, illness or injury? 

Issue with his heel apparently, commentators said he had an injection before the game but he had some pain during the game so came off at HT.

• Thanks 1

Schmeichel 7 - Good performance, the highlights being brilliant reflexes and handling to deny Cahill and the long ball which Vardy ought to have done better with.

Justin 7 - He's still really raw but slowly improves with every game. Good defender with good offensive attributes but needs to tidy up his all round game. Very unlucky not to score.

Evans 8 - A master at work. What he was doing rattling around at WBA I do not know, he is an elite centre-back.

Soyuncu 7 - Rougher around the edges than Evans but played his part in a morale-boosting clean sheet.

Chillwell 6 - Struggling with a knock I imagine.

Ndidi 6 - Honestly, he's made some really rash tackles and given the ball away quite a few times since football returned. Could do to sharpen up, but still essential for us to make progress.

Tielemans 7 - Looked much sharper. A better player when played higher up the pitch. Lovely assist, though the keeper should have mopped it up.

Perez 7 - Similar to Tielemans, is most effective in an advanced central role. Should have had a really lovely assist for another chance Vardy spurned.]

Iheanacho 7 - Links the play neatly and was in the right place for the opening goal. Unlucky to be withdrawn but that was probably a masterstroke in hindsight.

Albrighton 6 - Worked hard as usual. Managed well after switching to LWB, though we looked better balanced once Fuchs and Barnes came on down that side.

Vardy 7 - Talk about a game of two halves. Honestly, his performance in the first half was dire. Rodgers must have really thought about hooking him rather than Iheanacho, but that's what he earns his corn for. Vardy was coiled like a spring and the good fortune of his opening goal really eased the pressure on him. We know Vardy is a relatively emotional footballer and I think the 100 target was playing on his mind and once he got it he was a different man. The second goal was archetypal Vardy and if he carries on like that we might just hold United off after all.

Subs:

Bennett 5 - Not the answer to any question I'd care to ask.

Barnes 8 - Brilliant cameo and two fine assistss.

The rest  shored the up the ship without being spectacular.

• Like 2

Tielemans plays well, Leicester play well.

Looked sharper, more with the pace and kept trying to make things happen.

Evans MOTM for me, so dominant.

Has to be 3 at the back now. We're solid enough at the back and with Wilf holding we have no issues. Plus it just creates way more overload scenarios. Tielemans' strength is to find a pass from just behind the strikers and this formation puts him in the position to do just that.

---------KS

---RB--JE--CS

JJ---------------BC

--------WN

----AP-----YT

------KI-JV

EDIT: Just noticed I've not included Barnes. Think Perez had a better game than recently but if he starts poorly I'd bring Barnes on for him at HT and give he and Kelechi the freedom to interchange position.

Edited by Nod.E

Kasper 7 - Quick reflexes but wasn't really troubled that much. Distribution was great particularly in creating chances up front. Great leadership in the tunnel pre match.

JJ 7 - Raw and young but very, very promising. Deserved a goal.

Evans  8 - Solid.

Soyuncu 7 - Rock hard.

Chillwell 6 - Carrying a knock so hopefully rested.

Ndidi 7 - Solid

Tielemans 8 - Back to his best?

Perez 7 - Enjoyed his performance very much, got involved in the middle and linked up well with Nacho.

Iheanacho 8 - There was a stat before we bought him that he held a PL record for most goals but with the least minutes or something like that. He's been an absolute revelation this season either in coming off the bench or starting. The keeper was in error for his goal but it's the fact that Nacho is sharp that really matters.

Albrighton 7 - worked very hard as usual, especially as protection for the full backs. 

Vardy 9 - As Brendan said, when you're on the brink of an achievement it can weigh on your mind somewhat. All he needed was a goal, any goal, and Barnes provided an easy tap in. If that tap in had come in the first minute you can guarantee that he would have scored practically every other chance (Perez pass when his first touch lost it, Kasper's long ball just before the 100th). His second goal was just prime Vardy - full of confidence, pace and belief. He's back, and I fully back him to score many more in the next 5.

Subs:

Bennett 6 - Nothing 'special' but he doesn't have to be. He was very solid and helped change the game just by giving us the option to switch to a back 3 and switching tactics. Gives us even more options going forward which really fills me with confidence. I'd back us buying him in the window because £5m we'd be daft not to; though I would like us to also go for a young high quality CB like Demiral if we have CL next season. 

Fuchs 7 - No Fuchs Given. Rock solid as you'd expect, and useful going forward.

Barnes 8 - This lad has a huge future with us.  

Praet 6 - Filled up the midfield ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hamza n/a

6 hours ago, Bryn said:

Schmeichel 7 - Good performance, the highlights being brilliant reflexes and handling to deny Cahill and the long ball which Vardy ought to have done better with.

Justin 7 - He's still really raw but slowly improves with every game. Good defender with good offensive attributes but needs to tidy up his all round game. Very unlucky not to score.

Evans 8 - A master at work. What he was doing rattling around at WBA I do not know, he is an elite centre-back.

Soyuncu 7 - Rougher around the edges than Evans but played his part in a morale-boosting clean sheet.

Ndidi 6 - Honestly, he's made some really rash tackles and given the ball away quite a few times since football returned. Could do to sharpen up, but still essential for us to make progress.

Tielemans 7 - Looked much sharper. A better player when played higher up the pitch. Lovely assist, though the keeper should have mopped it up.

Perez 7 - Similar to Tielemans, is most effective in an advanced central role. Should have had a really lovely assist for another chance Vardy spurned.]

Iheanacho 7 - Links the play neatly and was in the right place for the opening goal. Unlucky to be withdrawn but that was probably a masterstroke in hindsight.

Albrighton 6 - Worked hard as usual. Managed well after switching to LWB, though we looked better balanced once Fuchs and Barnes came on down that side.

Vardy 7 - Talk about a game of two halves. Honestly, his performance in the first half was dire. Rodgers must have really thought about hooking him rather than Iheanacho, but that's what he earns his corn for. Vardy was coiled like a spring and the good fortune of his opening goal really eased the pressure on him. We know Vardy is a relatively emotional footballer and I think the 100 target was playing on his mind and once he got it he was a different man. The second goal was archetypal Vardy and if he carries on like that we might just hold United off after all.

Subs:

Ndidi 6? We were obviously watching different games.

Match ratings should be based on the match, not over “since football returned”.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bryn said:

Subs:

I gave Bennett an 8 I thought he was superb when he came on....we must have been watching different matches

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

I gave Bennett an 8 I thought he was superb when he came on....we must have been watching different matches

Bennett was good, I agree, just the Cahill header he (and someone else) got caught. Cahill should never have won that inbetween them both but yeah other than that Bennett was better than I thought he would be.

Edited by Fox92

20 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Ndidi 6? We were obviously watching different games.

Match ratings should be based on the match, not over “since football returned”.

Do I really have to spell out that the reason I'm making that point is that he kept giving away silly fouls and was untidy with the ball in the match at hand? Why else would I write it in this thread? 

2 hours ago, Bryn said:

Do I really have to spell out that the reason I'm making that point is that he kept giving away silly fouls and was untidy with the ball in the match at hand? Why else would I write it in this thread? 

Let’s just agree to disagree that we apparently watched different games. His pass completion was nearly 90% (second-highest on the team behind Soyuncu), while making about 30 more passes more than the next City player (Tielemans). Can’t recall any “silly” fouls, but 4 fouls in a lone holding role is hardly concerning.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1