Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Transfer window open - 27th July

4 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Yeah really can’t wait either. It will probably be Lallana and then on the last day will be some eighteen year old midfielder from Aberdeen for the Development Squad as one for the future.

lol So true. Won't end up playing either, will just get released in about 4 years.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Can’t wait for Congerton to mastermind a 5/10 window 

I am not looking forward to it tbh. We need a quality winger but we'll end up with Scott Sinclair.

12 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

If he was 4th choice CB and not 3rd I’d be thinking keep him. We need cover there and he’s a snip, an established player and happy to sit on the bench... He’s not brilliant but we won’t keep two real stars (which we need one as 3rd choice to back up Evans) happy....

can we do better for 5 million  and reasonable prem wages for a 4th choice CB? Not sure...

If we are gonna drop any big cash at all it needs to be on wingers/wide forwards/forwards.

Rather have Benkovic...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

BR took him to Celtic, maybe he just thinks he's not ready for the PL after a run of injuries! 

I agree, I think he definitely fits in BR plans. It was quite clear that he desperately wanted a good loan move for him so that he can get up to speed for next season. 

I still think he is Evans eventual replacement.  Interestingly, he seems more comfortable as part of a back 3 and could well find himself having options if BR chooses to continue with this formation. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Percy in the Telegraph today:

"If Leicester miss out on the top-four, the noises are that transfer funds will be limited for next season. Indeed, Rodgers admitted before the restart that loan signings would be most likely. 

It is unclear just how much damage, if any, Covid-19 has inflicted on Leicester’s owners King Power, the travel retail company based in Thailand.

Leicester’s transfer money would, of course, be boosted by player sales and there is no doubt that Ben Chilwell’s future will be even more uncertain without European football.

Chelsea and Manchester City both want the England left-back and Leicester will be vulnerable to offers, despite proving such tough negotiators in the past.

Rodgers will miss out on a Champions League bonus, believed to be around £750,000, while it is also understood that player contracts have big financial uplifts if they qualify for next season’s competition."

Realistically who are we going to sign to make the starting 11 any better? I imagine we'll get a loan signing or two, but we'll definitely need a couple of permanents aswell, a winger being one.