Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Transfer window open - 27th July

It's important to make clear we won't be doing much, if any incoming business with EFL clubs after 5 October given that's the date we have to submit our squad to UEFA for whichever competition we are in. Any player we were to sign would only be eligible for domestic competitions until after the group stage.

Edited by jeffschlupp

Can't wait. Put up or shut up time for ownership and management. Looking forward to learning alot about the direction and philosophy of the club. Attacking players please.

7 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Yeah really can’t wait either. It will probably be Lallana and then on the last day will be some eighteen year old midfielder from Aberdeen for the Development Squad as one for the future.

This one looks pretty good.

93BD9593-2C67-4296-BE36-736015882CFE.jpeg

• Like 4

I do worry that no CL qualification will mean we cut our cloth accordingly and go after cheaper, mediocre players that will take us further away from top 4. Got a bad feeling that this could be a window where we really regress. Pray i'm wrong, but I'm predicting Lallana, Carvalho and Bennett. 

• Sad 2

Reckon Lallana is a banker regardless of where we finish. I can't see this being a good window really and if we do miss out on the Champions League (which is very likely at this point) then the quality of our targets will be lowered quite significantly.

26 minutes ago, sdb said:

I do worry that no CL qualification will mean we cut our cloth accordingly and go after cheaper, mediocre players that will take us further away from top 4. Got a bad feeling that this could be a window where we really regress. Pray i'm wrong, but I'm predicting Lallana, Carvalho and Bennett. 

If that's the ambition of the club then I have to question why Rodgers would bother coming here. I'd rather we spend on young prospects like Maddison etc. Players that are close to the Premier League caliber. Creating talented players takes precedence for me over top 4. Continually restocking will always give us some good years just not top four or six every season. 

I don't think qualification for Champions League means that much in terms of who we sign, players whose sole focus is on whether a club is in Champions League or not probably still don't come. We are seen as a one-off or at least not a sustainable Champions League club. But of course, our financial clout is probably less if we don't qualify for it.

We either sign players who are not quite being chased by the big boys but potentially will be, or sign players that surplus at the biggest clubs.

Edited by RowlattsFox

27 minutes ago, Mark said:

Certainly makes no sense to build a brand new training ground to then change transfer strategy by signing players who are past their prime with no room to improve.

Surely we can't blow 5 million on Bennett either now we've seen what we're getting.

I really don't think the club thought we'd be pushing for a Champions League place at the start of the season. Possibly a Europa League place. If that was the case then our scouting will have been seeking players to achieve some distance in that competition with room for them to grow. I'd be surprised if we fill the team with experienced free transfers just to fill out a squad. I think we'll have one or two and I'd like to think that we'll be filling areas of the team with a higher calibre or significant competition (Vardy for example)

What ever our resulting position we could be a lot worse. Sheffield getting a European tour could break them, and could be dangerous to their resistance to relegation.

28 minutes ago, Mark said:

Certainly makes no sense to build a brand new training ground to then change transfer strategy by signing players who are past their prime with no room to improve.

Surely we can't blow 5 million on Bennett either now we've seen what we're getting.

If he was 4th choice CB and not 3rd I’d be thinking keep him. We need cover there and he’s a snip, an established player and happy to sit on the bench... He’s not brilliant but we won’t keep two real stars (which we need one as 3rd choice to back up Evans) happy....

can we do better for 5 million  and reasonable prem wages for a 4th choice CB? Not sure...

If we are gonna drop any big cash at all it needs to be on wingers/wide forwards/forwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Hopefully the new training ground will sway things in our favour. That and the free packets of quavers and Fox mints we give upon signing. :fc:

31 minutes ago, SO1 said:

If that's the ambition of the club then I have to question why Rodgers would bother coming here. I'd rather we spend on young prospects like Maddison etc. Players that are close to the Premier League caliber. Creating talented players takes precedence for me over top 4. Continually restocking will always give us some good years just not top four or six every season. 

Tbf the club backed Rodgers in the last summer window to the tune of £100m and he's barely made the starting 11 any better. He's been backed well and I imagine he will be again relatively speaking this summer, if the signings don't work out that's on Rodgers and his mate. Looking at it deeper his questionable "skills" in the transfer market transcend Leicester so let's not spin this as somehow being the club/board's fault if the transfer strategy is as flawed as last summer.

Edited by henrik_62

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

lol Glad it's not just Celtic where that happens!

To be honest it's not normally quite as bad as that here really - although we do love a deadline day buy.

Summer 2018 was the one, we had so many key areas wrapped up before we even hit June.

Percy in the Telegraph today:

"If Leicester miss out on the top-four, the noises are that transfer funds will be limited for next season. Indeed, Rodgers admitted before the restart that loan signings would be most likely. 

It is unclear just how much damage, if any, Covid-19 has inflicted on Leicester’s owners King Power, the travel retail company based in Thailand.

Leicester’s transfer money would, of course, be boosted by player sales and there is no doubt that Ben Chilwell’s future will be even more uncertain without European football.

Chelsea and Manchester City both want the England left-back and Leicester will be vulnerable to offers, despite proving such tough negotiators in the past.

Rodgers will miss out on a Champions League bonus, believed to be around £750,000, while it is also understood that player contracts have big financial uplifts if they qualify for next season’s competition."

3 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

2 full months of the transfer window and we wont do anything until the last week. 

Commensurate with how we play, these days? 90 minutes available and we don’t do much until the last ten? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Percy in the Telegraph today:

"If Leicester miss out on the top-four, the noises are that transfer funds will be limited for next season. Indeed, Rodgers admitted before the restart that loan signings would be most likely. 

It is unclear just how much damage, if any, Covid-19 has inflicted on Leicester’s owners King Power, the travel retail company based in Thailand.

Leicester’s transfer money would, of course, be boosted by player sales and there is no doubt that Ben Chilwell’s future will be even more uncertain without European football.

Chelsea and Manchester City both want the England left-back and Leicester will be vulnerable to offers, despite proving such tough negotiators in the past.

Rodgers will miss out on a Champions League bonus, believed to be around £750,000, while it is also understood that player contracts have big financial uplifts if they qualify for next season’s competition."

Makes it even more baffling that they are so unarsed.