Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

Would very much like to avoid Celtic. Pretty much have it all to lose and nothing to gain. Beat them and “it’s only Celtic” but if we lose the gruesome savages of their support would celebrate it more than a league win 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Would very much like to avoid Celtic. Pretty much have it all to lose and nothing to gain. Beat them and “it’s only Celtic” but if we lose the gruesome savages of their support would celebrate it more than a league win 

Probably not something you should be worrying about as we'll likely be dining at the top table in the Champions League :P

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

we'll batter them let's be honest

On paper you should, but so should have Man City on paper, not many English teams have got the better of us in the last 20 years, for what reason I don't know as like I say on paper, we should have got a doing off Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, etc.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

On paper you should, but so should have Man City on paper, not many English teams have got the better of us in the last 20 years, for what reason I don't know as like I say on paper, we should have got a doing off Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, etc.

I don't think it would be in doubt tbh, you're certainly a worst outfit than back in the mid 2010s and Neil Lennon is your gaffer, I mean even Rangers out performed you in Europe this season. 

4 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't think it would be in doubt tbh, you're certainly a worst outfit than back in the mid 2010s and Neil Lennon is your gaffer, I mean even Rangers out performed you in Europe this season. 

Like I said you should, but football isn't played on paper and far stranger things have happened, Man City couldn't beat us home or away under Pep a few years ago and they are obviously a far better side than Leicester. We beat Lazio home and away this season who finished I think third in Serie A. You've got a better side, better players, more money but I'd fancy our chances of taking uz at Celtic park, particularly if you are going to perform the way you have for the last 6 months. Rodgers seems to wet the bed in Europe also, at any club he's at.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

8 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Probably not something you should be worrying about as we'll likely be dining at the top table in the Champions League :P

Are you straight into the groups this year? 

Edited by Stadt

Like I said you should, but football isn't played on paper and far stranger things have happened, Man City couldn't beat us home or away under Pep a few years ago and they are obviously a far better side than Leicester. We beat Lazio home and away this season who finished I think third in Serie A. You've got a better side, better players, more money but I'd fancy our chances of taking uz at Celtic park, particularly if you are going to perform the way you have for the last 6 months.

Yeah but it was the year where Pep lost 4-0 to Everton and didn't even win anything, even we battered them that year. Wasn't exactly the peak Pep side of the last 2 years. Even with that in mind, i genuinely wouldnt flinch at the prospect of playing you tbf. You'd probably have a slight chance because I'd imagine we'd play our B team and the game would mean a lot more to you, but even with that in mind I'd welcome it. Be a nice draw for the groups as well, cause I'd rather play proper european teams in the latter stages if we make it that far.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Are you straight into the groups this year? 

No in the qualifiers again, first two rounds have been drawn, we're playing tonight. As of next season we have two CL places again though and if us and Rangers can have a similar campaign to last we could end up moving up the rankings enough to get an automatic place again a couple of years down the line.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah but it was the year where Pep lost 4-0 to Everton and didn't even win anything, even we battered them that year. Wasn't exactly the peak Pep side of the last 2 years. Even with that in mind, i genuinely wouldnt flinch at the prospect of playing you tbf. You'd probably have a slight chance because I'd imagine we'd play our B team and the game would mean a lot more to you, but even with that in mind I'd welcome it. Be a nice draw for the groups as well, cause I'd rather play proper european teams in the latter stages if we make it that far.

When they played us they had played ten league games and won every one of them, we were the first side to avoid defeat against them that season. Anyway, any Man City side under Pep are lightyears ahead of Leicester tbh.

Like I said it's probably a daft conversation as we'll likely be in the premier European competition. May meet you guys when we drop out of the groups though if you make it through your group and Rodgers doesn't have an arse collapse in Europe again.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

When they played us they had played ten league games and won every one of them, we were the first side to avoid defeat against them that season. Anyway, any Man City side under Pep are lightyears ahead of Leicester tbh.

I won't take it away from you, but they were far from the monster they are today and you only drew to them anyway. Even with those draws you still finished bottom of the group

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I won't take it away from you, but they were far from the monster they are today and you only drew to them anyway. Even with those draws you still finished bottom of the group

Drawing with any Pep side probably comparable with taking three off Leicester though. If you guys are going to continue with the level of form of the last 6 months I'd be pretty confident of turning you over at Celtic park anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Drawing with any Pep side probably comparable with taking three off Leicester though. If you guys are going to continue with the level of form of the last 6 months I'd be pretty confident of turning you over at Celtic park anyway.

I'm not sure about that though, for context Wigan did you one better that season and beat Pep at their gaff something which you failed to do. I don't think our form will dramatically improve, but key players returning would edge it out enough, probably looking at about a 2 or 3 goal margin pretty straight forward. Like we were able to out do Sheffield United who probably have similar players in terms of technical ability albeit a bit more improved, but are that good because of their system. I don't see you having a system like that to be able to compete with us really

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'm not sure about that though, for context Wigan did you one better that season and beat Pep at their gaff something which you failed to do. I don't think our form will dramatically improve, but key players returning would edge it out enough, probably looking at about a 2 or 3 goal margin pretty straight forward. Like we were able to out do Sheffield United who probably have similar players in terms of technical ability albeit a bit more improved, but are that good because of their system. I don't see you having a system like that to be able to compete with us really

System's don't always win games tbh though mate, football's a funny old game and who knows what would happen, on most days Leicester would beat us but we've beat enough better sides in Europe over recent years that I think there's a chance we could cause an upset.

3 hours ago, ealingfox said:

People actually think we'd go to Parkhead and win? Lol

I do. Have Celtic become a side to fear? 

Granted Celtic Park is a daunting place to go, but Celtic aren’t all that. I don’t think there’s many (if any) of their side who get into ours.

4 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I do. Have Celtic become a side to fear? 

Granted Celtic Park is a daunting place to go, but Celtic aren’t all that. I don’t think there’s many (if any) of their side who get into ours.

Neither is Villa Park but we shat ourselves there when the pressure was on 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Come on there's no need to be like that, I've admitted Leicester are a better side on paper and would more often than not beat Celtic, all I argued is if all the stars align we could potentially cause an upset and beat you, particularly if your poor form were to continue. Based on that and the sides we have defeated in Europe in recent years and our performances against EPL sides over the same period I don't think that is outlandish or offensive.

To say we are a pub side when we have already beat the third best team in Serie A home and away this season and a few other very good European sides in recent years is ignorant and petty. I imagine you are exactly the sort of person that is irate when the shoe is on the other foot and the traditional big sides such as Man Utd, Liverpool, etc and their fans look down on you disparagingly.

fyi your correspondent is fond of abusing the word 'literally' for emphasis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1