Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

As highest finishing qualifiers from pl do we get seeded for group stage as per CL or is it just an open draw. Can two sides from same country be drawn together?Β 

Edit. Just looked it up and whilst we cannot be in a group with another pl side seeding is all based on uefa coefficients, basically that means we are likely to be in a lower pot as we have very few ranking points. There will be teams you have never heard of seeded above us as they will have played More CL/EL games than us in the last five years.

Edited by urban fox

44 minutes ago, urban fox said:

As highest finishing qualifiers from pl do we get seeded for group stage as per CL or is it just an open draw. Can two sides from same country be drawn together?Β 

Edit. Just looked it up and whilst we cannot be in a group with another pl side seeding is all based on uefa coefficients, basically that means we are likely to be in a lower pot as we have very few ranking points. There will be teams you have never heard of seeded above us as they will have played More CL/EL games than us in the last five years.

Expected pot 3.

For anyone wondering how much money you make from the Europa League nowadays, Swiss Ramble has posted an estimation for this season's money on Twitter.Β 

Β 

Β 

That's part of a thread about Champions League money. Interestingly, Lille earned €38m just for getting a single point in their group. CL cash is still loads more than the EL, naturally.Β 

• Like 3

On 08/08/2020 at 16:20, Costock_Fox said:

Favourites to be 60-150/1?!?Β 

yep I wouldnt expect them to be low until they made it to the semis or something.

Β 

This is why I rarely bet as my definition of value for money doesnt agree with most bookies. :)

On 09/08/2020 at 12:45, Aus Fox said:

For anyone interested in following the early stages of the competition, the preliminary round draw has been made.

FC223FCC-93EA-4377-B5F5-ED66C53E3968.jpeg

Without any crowd and sponsor money, it's gonna be costing Barry Town and the others a few quid just to make the travel. Unless UEFA has some kind of expenses form the club's can put in for.Β 

If this mini tournament works out, I wonder if it might whet appetite for a permanent EL 8 team end of season tournament, differentiating It from the CL and surely increasing TV revenue.Β 

Β 

Actually, this is yet another post by me on this thread. I think I'm slightly falling in love with the EL!Β 

Β 

That dark disco official music. A tournament that's part hipster, part hoseasons holidays. Nordic noir versus Balkan genocide. Interailers v Inter Milan. Love it. We belong here.Β 

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

For anyone wondering how much money you make from the Europa League nowadays, Swiss Ramble has posted an estimation for this season's money on Twitter.Β 

Β 

Β 

That's part of a thread about Champions League money. Interestingly, Lille earned €38m just for getting a single point in their group. CL cash is still loads more than the EL, naturally.Β 

Tbh - that's more than I thought. If it earns you better marketing and global recognition opportunities, then I say go for it. Anything that helps the club!

• Like 1

Call me a negative bo boo but its obvious the lads will never be given a chance of actually trying to win the comp by the governing body.

Β 

the big wigs will want two big teams in the final again, so that will be one of the g16Β  who fall out the champions league and a arsenal in the final

Β 

part of me wonders if its worth wasting time travelling across europe in empty stadiums, only to be done by a ref in the 4rth round or quarters.

1 hour ago, twister said:

Call me a negative bo boo but its obvious the lads will never be given a chance of actually trying to win the comp by the governing body.

Β 

the big wigs will want two big teams in the final again, so that will be one of the g16Β  who fall out the champions league and a arsenal in the final

Β 

part of me wonders if its worth wasting time travelling across europe in empty stadiums, only to be done by a ref in the 4rth round or quarters.

you negative bo boo.

Β 

Gonna piss this comp!

I actually honestly believe that we can do very well in this competition if we get a reasonable draw for the group stages. Probably our best shot at getting back into CL.Β  Everyone dissing this competition should think about that. OK maybe some of the early group games may be at places we have never heard of, but once into the knockout stages there will be some big teams.Β  Regular qualification for this competition should be ourΒ target and would establish us firmly as a "top 6" side. Regular European football is still going to attract quality players and who knows, we can look to push on from there.

Anyone who thinks this is not good enough for our club is deluded. We do not have the resources to make a serious, sustained assault on the the top 4 (not yet anyway). Just look at Man utd this season, struggling for form and results, so they simply go and splash out on Fernandes in January.Β 

Β 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Without any crowd and sponsor money, it's gonna be costing Barry Town and the others a few quid just to make the travel. Unless UEFA has some kind of expenses form the club's can put in for.Β 

Covered by the prize money.Β 

Sometimes we are but not always. We beat Man City twice, from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the home game, and beat them 2-0 at the Etihad. We've come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 a couple of times this season, and had plenty of decent wins throughout the season.Β 

Edited by The Bear

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Sometimes we are but not always. We beat Man City twice, from 2-0 down to win 3-2 in the home game, and beat them 2-0 at the Etihad. We've come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 a couple of times this season, and had plenty of decent wins throughout the season.Β 

Man City played with 10 men for 80 minutes of that game.