Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

Harsh turnaround for the teams left in Europe. Getting to the final and loosing it would be a nightmare this season. Only leaves a 3 week turnaround before the season starts and they would basically have to jump straight into friendlies without a break. 

Seeing as wolves started last season early, surely those players are going to burn out at some stage. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Harsh turnaround for the teams left in Europe. Getting to the final and loosing it would be a nightmare this season. Only leaves a 3 week turnaround before the season starts and they would basically have to jump straight into friendlies without a break. 

Seeing as wolves started last season early, surely those players are going to burn out at some stage. 

Didn’t the EPL Project Restart guarantee teams still active in Europe a MINIMUM 30-day break. It’ll still be a tight turnaround but only a little moreso than for everyone else.

Edited by NaijaFox

24 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Because both of those teams have better squads than us perhaps?

Wolves don’t have a good squad. They used the least number of players this season. No depth at all. Plus they finished lower than us in the table. 

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Didn’t the EPL Project Restart guarantee teams still active in Europe a MINIMUM 30-day break. It’ll still be a tight turnaround but only a little moreso than for everyone else.

Youll have to explain how this works mate. If the champions league final is August 23rd. That would be September 22nd, they arent going to start the league that late.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1738346 Looks pretty set to me.  

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They've said those teams who are still in Europe will be able to start later than everyone else to guarantee the minimum break. 

Logically they've make two matches out of the four teams who it will affect for the first match, but I doubt it will happen.

15 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They've said those teams who are still in Europe will be able to start later than everyone else to guarantee the minimum break. 

If we miss week 1 because we are playing you again I’ll be fuming 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Wolves don’t have a good squad. They used the least number of players this season. No depth at all. Plus they finished lower than us in the table. 

Since Christmas we've been in relegation form. They're still in Europe. We used a small number of players when we won the Premiership. When new players arrive at their club, their manager and coaching staff appear to improve them. With the exception of Iheanacho, ours seem to have regressed under ours.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Since Christmas we've been in relegation form. They're still in Europe. We used a small number of players when we won the Premiership. When new players arrive at their club, their manager and coaching staff appear to improve them. With the exception of Iheanacho, ours seem to have regressed under ours.

Teams go in and out of form over a season. Over a full season we showed we have a better team/squad than wolves by finishing higher than them in the league. I really don’t get this wolves are amazing and we are trash opinion that is constantly aired on this forum. Wolves are an inconsistent mid table side with a pretty boring style of play who have only even been in the league for 2 season. 

Also saying they are still in Europe. So would half the premier league if they had played the teams wolves had. And most wouldn’t have been played off the park by olympiacos either like wolves were. 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

No doubt in that, just think they are similar to us and not better depth wise... 

In fairness, when everybody is fit, I think we're pretty similar in some ways. They do appear a bit more organised than we do I think,  possibly down to having a better manager and coaching staff.

Undoubtedly they buy well, possibly in a big way due to the relationship with a certain agent. It remains to be seen how Rodgers and Congerton perform in the transfer market  though the purchase of Perez thus far has been pretty uninspiring. 

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

Teams go in and out of form over a season. Over a full season we showed we have a better team/squad than wolves by finishing higher than them in the league. I really don’t get this wolves are amazing and we are trash opinion that is constantly aired on this forum. Wolves are an inconsistent mid table side with a pretty boring style of play who have only even been in the league for 2 season. 

Also saying they are still in Europe. So would half the premier league if they had played the teams wolves had. And most wouldn’t have been played off the park by olympiacos either like wolves were. 

I personally think that Wolves have done a lot to be admired for. A strong finish to the season and still being in Europe breeds confidence and also helps to attract other players. There's an air of uncertainty around us I think after such a collapse since before Christmas if we're honest. That doesn't breed confidence and players and their agents may be feeling a bit wary. It's the way of football that if we don't improve very quickly then I think Rodgers will be gone before Christmas and agents and players know it. Let's hope they're wrong and we have a positive start to the season. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I personally think that Wolves have done a lot to be admired for. A strong finish to the season and still being in Europe breeds confidence and also helps to attract other players. There's an air of uncertainty around us I think after such a collapse since before Christmas if we're honest. That doesn't breed confidence and players and their agents may be feeling a bit wary. It's the way of football that if we don't improve very quickly then I think Rodgers will be gone before Christmas and agents and players know it. Let's hope they're wrong and we have a positive start to the season. 

I can agree with most of that. I just think wolves are over hyped sometimes when they are in my opinion very average.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I can agree with most of that. I just think wolves are over hyped sometimes when they are in my opinion very average.

I wouldnt call a team average that is progressing well in Europe and finished 7th in the PL ... average is like West Ham and Everton at the moment 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I wouldnt call a team average that is progressing well in Europe and finished 7th in the PL ... average is like West Ham and Everton at the moment 

I don’t think they are much above the level of West Ham or Everton. I think a fair comparison for wolves is with Burnley. They both play really solid and long ball style of football which is uninspiring and has a ceiling that wolves are at. I can admire that they are getting the most out of a team they have but I honestly think individually their team is pretty average. I think they will he found out next season. 

8 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don’t think they are much above the level of West Ham or Everton. I think a fair comparison for wolves is with Burnley. They both play really solid and long ball style of football which is uninspiring and has a ceiling that wolves are at. I can admire that they are getting the most out of a team they have but I honestly think individually their team is pretty average. I think they will he found out next season. 

I think us and wolves are the closest to the so called top six... two seasons, have proven wolves aren’t going away 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think us and wolves are the closest to the so called top six... two seasons, have proven wolves aren’t going away 

Two seasons is nothing. Southampton were doing similar not so long ago and now they are barely avoiding relegation. We have also broken into the top six twice in the last 5 years something wolves haven’t yet managed plus we are a much more established premier league side. 

I reckon wolves will drop away but I guess we’re going to have to wait and find out. 

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Makes you think....tho' our very own Wes Morgan, went 3 seasons without a noticeable  break....

Covid issues..will see all Teams relying more on squad & rotation,in the Next 2-3 seasons....

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Youll have to explain how this works mate. If the champions league final is August 23rd. That would be September 22nd, they arent going to start the league that late.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1738346 Looks pretty set to me.  

The league starts on September 12, but those teams still active in Europe will have their fixtures postponed as necessary to give them a MINIMUM of 30 free days.

8 hours ago, Wymsey said:

When will next season's Europa League groups be drawn?

I believe the draw for the first preliminary round is today.

Just 16 teams from the likes of San Marino, Moldova, Northern Ireland and Wales.

They will play a one off game to advance into the first qualifying round. That draw will take place tomorrow.

Some familiar European names come in at this stage, Partizan, Malmo, Rosenberg and Apeol - who have a better CC than us, so ideally they will go out.

We currently have 25 teams in the competition with a better CC than us, plus there will be losing Champions League qualifiers.

We will has to watch the qualifying games and need some results to go our way in order to get into Pot 2,  it’s not impossible to get into pot 1, but we really would need lots of upsets along the way.

• Thanks 1