Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yep perfectly. Same applies - not many Villa players get in our team but given a decent atmosphere and a bit of pressure, we caved in to a poorer side 

Okay. I said Celtic Park was a daunting place to go and you said ‘neither is Villa Park’. I understand what you meant now, wasn’t being facetious. 

Granted we lost away against them in the cup, but we also beat them 4-1 away in the league. 

I don’t think we’d go to Celtic and stroll it, but I’d be confident we’d get a result. On the day, anything can happen. 

My original reply to @ealingfox was because they seemed it was laughable that we could get a result there. 

I think it’d be close, could go either way but definitely wouldn’t be out of the question that we could beat them away. 

• Like 1

Thought we would chat Europa League in here not who would win a fictional game of football. 
We have seen enough as football supporters to know absolutely anything is possible in any given game. We have both caused and been on the receiving end of many upsets over the years.

So there is no certainty to any games played.

• Like 3

Rodgers feels the pressure in any big game so he’d absolutely shit his pants at Celtic Park. Scott Brown would have Maddison crying. We’ve got everything to lose if we played Celtic

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Inter v Sevilla in the final. Anyone still not excited by this tournament. I'm chomping at the bit for us to compete at European level again. 

Since they're both already in the CL next season, it means nothing for us in the EL - which is almost a pity that there's nothing at stake for us here...

29 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Since they're both already in the CL next season, it means nothing for us in the EL - which is almost a pity that there's nothing at stake for us here...

Standard of the final two teams is what I am looking at. Year before it was Chelsea/Arsenal. Before that, Atleti V Marseille and the year before that Man U v Ajax. Great teams to compete against. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Inter v Sevilla in the final. Anyone still not excited by this tournament. I'm chomping at the bit for us to compete at European level again. 

Tbh Celtic fans are typically a bit deflated when we don't make the CL and qualify for the Europa however the last two seasons it's been a lot better and quite an exciting competition, we've had some good groups and faced some good sides. I'd be excited if I were you guys as I think it's a competition you could go far in if you take it seriously and Rodgers sorts out his approach in Europe. If anything it may be a more viable route to the CL for the season after next than trying to break into the top 4 domestically.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

There’s no point arguing about who might win. @Muzzy_Larsson has already said we’ve got a better side on paper, but we had a better side on paper than Villa and couldn’t beat them over two legs. Cup football is a different ball game, domestically or European.

If it was league matches vs Celtic I’d expect us to take at least 4 points, but we only have to look at our Champions League journey to know that anything is possible on a European night. 

...like Norwich took 4 points off us!!!

On 19/08/2020 at 16:04, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Tbh Celtic fans are typically a bit deflated when we don't make the CL and qualify for the Europa however the last two seasons it's been a lot better and quite an exciting competition, we've had some good groups and faced some good sides. I'd be excited if I were you guys as I think it's a competition you could go far in if you take it seriously and Rodgers sorts out his approach in Europe. If anything it may be a more viable route to the CL for the season after next than trying to break into the top 4 domestically.

Hope so, would rather get to the Europa League semis or final and finish 16th in the league than go out in the group stage and finish 9th.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2020 at 22:15, Leeds Fox said:

I do. Have Celtic become a side to fear? 

Granted Celtic Park is a daunting place to go, but Celtic aren’t all that. I don’t think there’s many (if any) of their side who get into ours.

Odsonne Edouard. You're lying if you say no

Brenda shits his pants in Europe (not surprising) 

His record with ;Liverpool was hilarious, some of the teams that got a result out of them were embarrassing. 

I would normally say we'd give a team like Celtic a good beating in the Europa, however we seem to have a team full of nice boys who like to get their bellies rubbed by the big boys and their bollocks kicked by the small teams. 

I reckon we go out in the group stage

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i live in sevilla, and after that final, i can say that without a doubt this tournament should be taken seriously. Its not just a chumps tourament. weve got a good chance if we can get to the round of 16.

• Like 2

Now they've confirmed that away fans won't be attending in the PL for the 20/21 season, I imagine it'll be pretty much for the same for Europa League too. I really fancied travelling over anyway, but with all the quarantine rules, the early closing of pubs/clubs all around Europe and the lack of away fans, I am seriously considering giving it all a swerve. I think I will wait to see who we get in the draw before deciding for sure, but it's not really looking positive at the minute.

What's everyone else thinking?

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Now they've confirmed that away fans won't be attending in the PL for the 20/21 season, I imagine it'll be pretty much for the same for Europa League too. I really fancied travelling over anyway, but with all the quarantine rules, the early closing of pubs/clubs all around Europe and the lack of away fans, I am seriously considering giving it all a swerve. I think I will wait to see who we get in the draw before deciding for sure, but it's not really looking positive at the minute.

When/where was that confirmed?

Even I’m tempted to cancel all of my annual leave for this and just go on holiday somewhere in the uk instead, won’t be the same experience even if we can go.

Edit- I’ve just googled it, nothing concrete but realistically they will spread home fans all over the stadium.

Cant be helped but it really is bullshit

Edited by Costock_Fox

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Tbh, it's no different to European matches in the 1960s and early 70s

Nobody travelled in those days apart from the final

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

When/where was that confirmed?

Even I’m tempted to cancel all of my annual leave for this and just go on holiday somewhere in the uk instead, won’t be the same experience even if we can go.

Edit- I’ve just googled it, nothing concrete but realistically they will spread home fans all over the stadium.

Cant be helped but it really is bullshit

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8652329/Away-fans-NOT-permitted-Premier-League-stadiums-season.html

Yeah I guess it's not concrete but there's no chance we'll be allowed in the stadiums for our group games in the EL. We might get lucky from Feb onwards and be allowed to go then. Due to the logistics of travelling, they'll want to stop away fans purely to contain outbreaks (as best as possible) of corona in their city of origin IMO.

I'm in the same position, got over 20 days annual leave left that I was saving purely for the group stages. I can carry it over to next year though, so I might end up just having about 5 holidays next year. Hopefully things change in the next few weeks, but in my eyes it's not looking good at the minute, if it's somewhere like Greece or a place with low cases though, then I may just go over for a little holiday.

• Like 2