Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

28 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I often wonder how awful it must be to feel the need to post in the way you do sometimes. I struggle with life at times, but at no point do I consistently come here and just dump all my crap like some people do. I sincerely hope you're a happy person in reality.

I'm happy as Larry. Bodgers record doesn't effect my happiness. 

Facts is facts, manager is a bit of a shirker and you don't win European titles with the mentality he brings into big games. 

Better to have a realistic expectation me ode. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I'm happy as Larry. Bodgers record doesn't effect my happiness. 

Facts is facts, manager is a bit of a shirker and you don't win European titles with the mentality he brings into big games. 

Better to have a realistic expectation me ode. 

Realism in 2015 would have been expecting relegation, not winning the league. Nobody is saying we'll definitely win the Europa league, it's more hope than expectation,whats wrong with that? 

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I never expected us to win the PL. I don't expect us to win the PL again.

I never really expected us to break into the top six, yet we've done it twice now.

I never expected us to get into the Champions League, let alone make a quarter final.

I don't expect us to win a European trophy in my lifetime and I can sleep easy if we don't.

All I expect is players to give their all and give us some thrills along the way.

We didn't get a trophy for knocking out Sevilla but that remains one of our finest and most enjoyable nights.

mE aNd mY LoSeR mEnTaLiTy

Gobsmacking attitude, Geoff...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bovril said:

I might get a bit of stick for this but I'm almost relieved we didn't qualify. It could have been embarrassing. 

Wouldn’t have been enjoyable one bit. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Jason Bourne has just tweeted the super cup will have 30% fans allowed. Anyone know if that’s just locals or are they allowing people to travel?

Could signal the plan for Europa.

Will be locals I would imagine - Hungary went super lockdown early doors and have had fans in grounds for a while now. 

To give an idea, Brits can't enter Hungary without quarantine or two positive tests (I have looked - to simply watch some football). Although Germans and Spanish can go Hungary without checks. 

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Will be locals I would imagine - Hungary went super lockdown early doors and have had fans in grounds for a while now. 

To give an idea, Brits can't enter Hungary without quarantine or two positive tests (I have looked - to simply watch some football). Although Germans and Spanish can go Hungary without checks. 

Cheers, shows there is a very slim chance of us going to anything.

I’ve just booked a place over here for some of the dates, giving up hope.

5 hours ago, bovril said:

I might get a bit of stick for this but I'm almost relieved we didn't qualify. It could have been embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t have been enjoyable one bit. 

Even if we had been played off the park, trips to Barcelona, Turin, Milan, Munich etc. don't come along every year.

Like 2016-2017 I would have loved every minute.

It may be a bit pointless posting this as we won't be going football anywhere in Europe this year but optimistically there's always a chance of a few decent trips to top clubs/Cities in 2021.

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Realistically if Europe survives over the winter without too much damage, there’s a chance we get to travel in February for an European awayday. 

That’s more like to occur in the Europa League rather than Pot 4 of the Champions League hoping for either the Portuguese or Russian champions as your top seed 

Loving your optimism. Let’s hope you are right. 

however it appears the scientists and perhaps realists are seeing a potential huge winter spike in Covid-19. Depends very much how it pans out I guess. The new super deadly and contagious strain or the new super contagious and not so deadly strain. 

would be truly wonderful to get the fans back, get on our away days in Europe. Let’s all hope. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Loving your optimism. Let’s hope you are right. 

however it appears the scientists and perhaps realists are seeing a potential huge winter spike in Covid-19. Depends very much how it pans out I guess. The new super deadly and contagious strain or the new super contagious and not so deadly strain. 

would be truly wonderful to get the fans back, get on our away days in Europe. Let’s all hope. 

My realistically was more aimed at the chances of progression via Europa League rather than CL 😂

4 hours ago, boots60 said:

Even if we had been played off the park, trips to Barcelona, Turin, Milan, Munich etc. don't come along every year.

Like 2016-2017 I would have loved every minute.

It may be a bit pointless posting this as we won't be going football anywhere in Europe this year but optimistically there's always a chance of a few decent trips to top clubs/Cities in 2021.

Not saying I wouldn’t have loved the cities. I wouldn’t have loved paying €70 to watch us get embarrassed. 

On 25/08/2020 at 10:59, RoboFox said:

. On our day we're more than capable of matching the likes of Leverkusen, Lille, Roma and Feyenoord. 

Thats like saying we can match the likes of Coventry, Derby and Palace in the Fa Cup, as soon as meet  a name we are gone.

A waste of time, which will only detract from our League position

• Haha 1