Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

On 04/08/2020 at 15:17, RonnieTodger said:

I'm over us bottling the top 4 now to be honest. 

The likelihood is that we won't be able to go to the games until the new year and we wouldn't have made it out of the Champions League groups anyway. What good is it drawing Real Madrid or Bayern Munich when you'd have to watch it on TV behind closed doors?

There's a good chance that we make it to the knockout stages of the Europa League and by February we'll hopefully be allowed to go to games home and away

I thought if you got knocked out of the CL at the group stage you join the Europa after Christmas anyway? 

I know what you mean though. Look at our record against big teams last year...it’s probably for the best. 

15 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I thought if you got knocked out of the CL at the group stage you join the Europa after Christmas anyway? 

I know what you mean though. Look at our record against big teams last year...it’s probably for the best. 

Only if you finish 3rd.

I don't really fancy us but I thought we'd be a bit shorter than that. I really think if you look at our resources we should be making at worst the last 8 for me and that really isn't far off. It's worth a fiver.

16 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Seems very generous to me

I think the opposite, think how many clubs are competing, and we wont be anywhere near the favourites, I think a reasonable set of odds to get my interest would be at least 400/1.

The bookies have all tightened up since we won the title.

I don't understand why some don't think we have a chance in the Europa Wolves and Man utd are in the Quarter finals playing teams we beat in the Champions league, it would be a huge disappointment if we didn't at least make the Quarter finals as a minimum, I don't think we will win it but with the right draw and a bit of luck a semi final appearance could be a possibility. 

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

lol We have won 4 games since January. We ain't winning or getting to the last 8 or whatever with our current squad, too many games, they are already knackered. Needs big investment- we wont get it. Bookies spot on IMO. 

Mystic Meg has spoken. 

18 hours ago, StanSP said:

Only if you finish 3rd.

Ah OK, gotcha.Well in that case...yes it might be for the best then. 

Given our form and the fact we’d be a seed 4 club, pretty strong probability we’d finish last in the group I suppose. 

Personally I’m looking forward to the EL group stage for a different reason...no VAR! 

Edited by leicesterseddon

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

I think the opposite, think how many clubs are competing, and we wont be anywhere near the favourites, I think a reasonable set of odds to get my interest would be at least 400/1.

The bookies have all tightened up since we won the title.

400/1 come off it 

1 hour ago, Beachyboy said:

I don't understand why some don't think we have a chance in the Europa Wolves and Man utd are in the Quarter finals playing teams we beat in the Champions league, it would be a huge disappointment if we didn't at least make the Quarter finals as a minimum, I don't think we will win it but with the right draw and a bit of luck a semi final appearance could be a possibility. 

Get ready to be disappointed.  A lot will depend upon the squad depth at close of window.

yep I couldnt find the odds either, maybe he works for a bookie?

For me I would expect the favourites to be about 60-150/1, the mid range about 300-400/1 and the long shots to be about 1000-3000/1.  I expect the odds are much tighter though.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

For me I would expect the favourites to be about 60-150/1, the mid range about 300-400/1 and the long shots to be about 1000-3000/1.  I expect the odds are much tighter though.

Favourites to be 60-150/1?!? 

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I’m glad your not a bookie because you’d be busy within an hour with odds like that. Seeming we already know a lot of the teams in the group stage and there’s only 48 even if everyone in the group stage has an equal chance of winning it the lowest odds should be less than 48/1. Then you have to consider teams like Napoli and spurs have a much greater chance of winning it than a team that will inevitable qualify from Azerbaijan or Moldova. To conclude those odds are ludicrouslol

5 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

Because both of those teams have better squads than us perhaps?