Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I've been hearing for the past three years they are the biggest threat they have been in years yet we still win all the trophies.

When Rangers can actually start to threaten to win trophies domestically I'll start worrying about them.

Rangers absolutely combusted and covid came at a good time for them as we were on course to win the league by even more points than the previous season and there was serious pressure on Gerrard from his own fans. They're last game before the season was cancelled they lost at Ibrox 1-0 to Hamilton who's top earner is £800 p/w. Hearts who finished bottom of the league and were relegated put them out the Scottish cup around a month before that.

In short you evidently have no clue what your talking about, your posts read like a diatribe from Jamie O'Hara on talksport. If you don't follow something or have any real knowledge of what you are talking about you'll look less silly if you say nothing.

:jawdrop: Absolutely cutting lol

8 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Yeah there's no way anyone can say Rangers are better than Celtic at the moment, there's just nothing to back that up. You do however have a shit Manager, so may not be long before the gap narrows...

I wouldn't say Lennon is shit, by Scottish football standards anyway and he done relatively well for us in Europe last season but I do agree we need and can do a lot better. It's also not as if he's up against Ancelotti in the opposing dug out either, if Rangers had a good manager I'd be more concerned about Lennon. Whether we win the league or not this season I think he has to go.

To say Gerrard is a better manager though is ludicrous, he's won and achieved nothing in the game yet as a manager. Finishing second to Celitc in Scotland isn't any sort of achievement at all and he gets an easy ride because of his name and reputation as a player up here. If his name wasn't Steven Gerrard he'd be gone by now as no manager at either Old Firm club typically gets away with season after season of winning nothing.

His pretty decent record in Europe of being hard to beat has kept him in a job.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

9 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Yeah there's no way anyone can say Rangers are better than Celtic at the moment, there's just nothing to back that up. You do however have a shit Manager, so may not be long before the gap narrows...

Firstly, I despise Neil Lennon. He is a knob but I would watch what you say about him being a "shit manager" as Brendan Rodgers has always struggled against Lennon teams. Hibs were Celtics bogey team when both men were in charge. 

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I wouldn't say Lennon is shit, by Scottish football standards anyway and he done relatively well for us in Europe last season but I do agree we need and can do a lot better. Whether we win the league or not this season I think he has to go.

To say Gerrard is a better manager though is ludicrous, he's won and achieved nothing in the game yet as a manager. Finishing second to Celitc in Scotland isn't any sort of achievement at all and he gets an easy ride because of his name and reputation as a player up here. If his name wasn't Steven Gerrard he'd be gone by now as no manager at either Old Firm club typically gets away with season after season of winning nothing.

His pretty decent record in Europe of being hard to beat has kept him in a job.

Just to note, I've not suggested Gerrard is a better manager before you compare me to Porky Parry or something lol

I stand by Lennon being a shit manager though, think you'll need to ditch him if you dont want to see that gap shortening at some stage, be that with Gerrard or someone else as Rangers manager...

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxy_Bear said:

Firstly, I despise Neil Lennon. He is a knob but I would watch what you say about him being a "shit manager" as Brendan Rodgers has always struggled against Lennon teams. Hibs were Celtics bogey team when both men were in charge. 

This is also true! Rodgers always seemed to struggle against sides managed by Lennon and Steve Clarke for some reason. You have a fairly decent knowledge of Scottish football from what I can see.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

In short you evidently have no clue what your talking about, your posts read like a diatribe from Jamie O'Hara on talksport. If you don't follow something or have any real knowledge of what you are talking about you'll look less silly if you say nothing.

That approach would put most of the current pundits out of a job lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I've been hearing for the past three years they are the biggest threat they have been in years yet we still win all the trophies.

When Rangers can actually start to threaten to win trophies domestically I'll start worrying about them.

Rangers absolutely combusted and covid came at a good time for them as we were on course to win the league by even more points than the previous season and there was serious pressure on Gerrard from his own fans. They're last game before the season was cancelled they lost at Ibrox 1-0 to Hamilton who's top earner is £800 p/w. Hearts who finished bottom of the league and were relegated put them out the Scottish cup around a month before that.

Just because I don’t follow Scottish football every week doesn’t mean I havnt seen anything otherwise I wouldn’t comment.

Rangers for a lot of last season looked like a real threat then the blew up a bit like the Foxes did.

They have started this season flying and from the few games I’ve watched they look convincing this year.

Celtic looked poor vs Kilmarnock earlier on in the season then were lucky vs a late scrambled goal vs Dundee Utd the game after, seeing both of those games did not convince me Celtic will walk the league this year and looking at the bookies, it’s very close to even money for them.

So from your picture I assume your a Celtic fan? So whilst I might not know as much as you if your an avid supporter, I’m not just throwing comments away like Jamie Ohara with no reason to. I’ve seen enough to have a fair opinion and I believe Rangers will win the SPL this year, so maybe you will look more silly at the end of the year if Celtic don’t win by 50 points?

1 minute ago, nwl fox said:

Just to note, I've not suggested Gerrard is a better manager before you compare me to Porky Parry or something lol

I stand by Lennon being a shit manager though, think you'll need to ditch him if you dont want to see that gap shortening at some stage, be that with Gerrard or someone else as Rangers manager...

Yeah I didn't want him back when he was appointed and I don't think he's the answer long term.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Just because I don’t follow Scottish football every week doesn’t mean I havnt seen anything otherwise I wouldn’t comment.

Rangers for a lot of last season looked like a real threat then the blew up a bit like the Foxes did.

They have started this season flying and from the few games I’ve watched they look convincing this year.

Celtic looked poor vs Kilmarnock earlier on in the season then were lucky vs a late scrambled goal vs Dundee Utd the game after, seeing both of those games did not convince me Celtic will walk the league this year and looking at the bookies, it’s very close to even money for them.

So from your picture I assume your a Celtic fan? So whilst I might not know as much as you if your an avid supporter, I’m not just throwing comments away like Jamie Ohara with no reason to. I’ve seen enough to have a fair opinion and I believe Rangers will win the SPL this year, so maybe you will look more silly at the end of the year if Celtic don’t win by 50 points?

You've not seen enough to make an informed comment, that's the point and because of that your making yourself look silly. It's not only me who has pointed that out.

Rangers have started the season much like they started the previous two, if you bothered to check that and for what it is worth they have dropped two more points than us in the league so far this season. Flying. 

Like the other posts, the rest of that post is a nonsense.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This is also true! Rodgers always seemed to struggle against sides managed by Lennon and Steve Clarke for some reason. You have a fairly decent knowledge of Scottish football from what I can see.

I'm Scottish. I live in Scotland so the vast majority of my friends and family support either Rangers, Celtic or Morton. 

As a result i watch alot of Scottish games in social circumstances and almost every bit of media i come in contact with is Scottish football related. 

I couldn't escape it if i wanted to. Lol

• Haha 1

You've not seen enough to make an informed comment, that's the point and because of that your making yourself look silly. It's not only me who has pointed that out.

Rangers have started the season much like they started the previous two, if you bothered to check that and for what it is worth they have dropped two more points than us in the league so far this season. Flying. 

Like the other posts, the rest of that post is a nonsense.

Being totally dismissive and disrespectful to someone else’s opinion because you don’t agree with it is very judgmental.

Ive seen enough to comment and this is a forum for opinions. My opinion on Rangers is a lot more informed than some of the drivel I see on Talksport who spout out cliches with absolutely no knowledge what so ever.

It all started by me saying I wouldn’t mind Celtic because there in pot 1 and Rangers are pot 3 and Rangers are better in comparison to the rest of pot 3 compared to Celtic of pot 1. Didn’t once say Rangers are actually better than Celtic.

However the games I’ve seen this season and last suggest the difference is marginal either way. They play in an embarrassingly poor league.

Celtic only have had a good recent record because Rangers dropped down the leagues due to finances. They are getting closer all the time and Gerrard has done a good job narrowing the gap.

Either way I’d back the Foxes to beat either of them but Celtic id prefer because it takes away getting a tougher pot 1 draw that’s all.

11 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

The biggest difference between Rangers and Celtic over the last season or two is simple. 

Celtic grind out results. Like you mentioned against Utd, Celtic win games late. They turn draws into wins. Rangers haven't been able to do that. 

The mentality at both clubs are different. Celtic are winners, they have a winning mentality. Rangers don't. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Being totally dismissive and disrespectful to someone else’s opinion because you don’t agree with it is very judgmental.

Ive seen enough to comment and this is a forum for opinions. My opinion on Rangers is a lot more informed than some of the drivel I see on Talksport who spout out cliches with absolutely no knowledge what so ever.

It all started by me saying I wouldn’t mind Celtic because there in pot 1 and Rangers are pot 3 and Rangers are better in comparison to the rest of pot 3 compared to Celtic of pot 1. Didn’t once say Rangers are actually better than Celtic.

However the games I’ve seen this season and last suggest the difference is marginal either way. They play in an embarrassingly poor league.

Celtic only have had a good recent record because Rangers dropped down the leagues due to finances. They are getting closer all the time and Gerrard has done a good job narrowing the gap.

Either way I’d back the Foxes to beat either of them but Celtic id prefer because it takes away getting a tougher pot 1 draw that’s all.

Not at all, I'd have no problem accepting an opposing opinion if it was informed and made any sense.

Soundbites like "Gerrard is closing the gap", "he's doing a good job", "Rangers aren't competitive as they got 'relegated'", things you are alluding to, is the exact sort of cliched nonsense you constantly hear on talksport.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 3

Not at all, I'd have no problem accepting an opposing opinion if it was informed and made any sense.

So my opinion makes no sense? So Celtic are 1/1000 to win the league are they? Your making out like that’s the level of opinion I’m saying.

Im not talking about history in talking about now. Celtic obviously won 9 in a row because Rangers have took time to recover from all the financial troubles. However they are right up there with Celtic now and it’ll be neck and neck this season. Thinking Rangers have a chance of  winning the SPL this year is hardly an opinion of non sense.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

So my opinion makes no sense? So Celtic are 1/1000 to win the league are they? Your making out like that’s the level of opinion I’m saying.

Im not talking about history in talking about now. Celtic obviously won 9 in a row because Rangers have took time to recover from all the financial troubles. However they are right up there with Celtic now and it’ll be neck and neck this season. Thinking Rangers have a chance of  winning the SPL this year is hardly an opinion of non sense.

Never said Rangers didn't have a chance. Your twisting your narrative now to back track on your initial ludicrous statements that have been pointed out as such by more than just myself.

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Soundbites like "Gerrard is closing the gap", "he's doing a good job", "Rangers aren't competitive as they got 'relegated'", things you are alluding to, is the exact sort of cliched nonsense you constantly hear on talksport.

I'd love a Europa League run out against either of the Old Firm teams, mainly as a bit of an acid test. I have no preference as to Celtic or Rangers - my Dad's side of the family are all stout Aberdeen fans and I catch their games most weeks so I'm obliged to strongly dislike both. 

The main benefits of a win against either would be seeing Sutton try to backtrack from his weak wind-ups and revert to the history comments, and to show Gerrard up for what he is; a manager with resources vastly in excess of everyone else bar Celtic and making really hard work of a half-arsed title challenge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

I'd love a Europa League run out against either of the Old Firm teams, mainly as a bit of an acid test. I have no preference as to Celtic or Rangers - my Dad's side of the family are all stout Aberdeen fans and I catch their games most weeks so I'm obliged to strongly dislike both. 

The main benefits of a win against either would be seeing Sutton try to backtrack from his weak wind-ups and revert to the history comments, and to show Gerrard up for what he is; a manager with resources vastly in excess of everyone else bar Celtic and making really hard work of a half-arsed title challenge. 

Can't disagree with any of that to be honest.

Aberdeen tend to really hate Rangers on a level worse than Celtic at times for some reason lol I don't know the exact reason behind it, not sure if it's been ever since the Simpson/Durrant stuff.

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This is exactly why I don't want us to draw Rangers or Celtic 

I wouldn't want Leicester this season anyway, given the way you have started the season it could be a sore one for us and one of the major factors in us beating teams a lot better than us in Europe is always the atmosphere/crowd at home and obviously that will be gone this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Can't disagree with any of that to be honest.

Aberdeen tend to really hate Rangers on a level worse than Celtic at times for some reason lol I don't know the exact reason behind it, not sure if it's been ever since the Simpson/Durrant stuff.

I think it did all stem from 'That tackle' and Aberdeen fans mocking him in chants after it.