Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Quite astonishing that 7x European Cup winners AC Milan are in Pot 3 of the Europa League.

Not really, they've barely qualified for Europe at all in recent years.

There was a thread this time last year about clubs getting direct CL entry based on their history (if they'd won it previously for example) and this place went mental about it, and rightly so.

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not really, they've barely qualified for Europe at all in recent years.

There was a thread this time last year about clubs getting direct CL entry based on their history (if they'd won it previously for example) and this place went mental about it, and rightly so.

Yeah I agree. Just amazed by their decline over the last decade or so. 

The fact that the second most successful European club is in the same pot as Maccabi Tel Aviv and Molde is funny abd sad at the same time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You would prefer to avoid Rangers but don't mind playing Celtic? How does that work? 

Because Celtic are pot 1, and so it would be ok I’m comparison to the rest of what we could get from pot 1.

Rangers are pot 3 and are One of the trickier pot 3 teams.

Its more important to avoid a tough pot 3 team than pot 1.

If we get Hoffenheim, Milan or possibly Rangers/Granada then it could be tough to progress if we also get a top team from pot 1.

10 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Because Celtic are pot 1, and so it would be ok I’m comparison to the rest of what we could get from pot 1.

Rangers are pot 3 and are One of the trickier pot 3 teams.

Its more important to avoid a tough pot 3 team than pot 1.

If we get Hoffenheim, Milan or possibly Rangers/Granada then it could be tough to progress if we also get a top team from pot 1.

Nah, don't see Rangers as a tricky tie whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

The main issue I have with people doing that is with the current circumstances with covid. I'm as disappointed as anyone not to be able to go to the matches (and would go if away fans were allowed regardless of quarantine) but it seems bizarre to me to do so in these times

You're sort of contradicting your own argument here.

This EL campaign is big for Rodgers on a personal level. He's yet to really make any sort of mark on Europe with any of his clubs and has struggled against some pretty poor sides at both Liverpool and Celtic so he'll want to put that right. The Man City game at the weekend where he adapted his approach for the first time is a good sign and if he can carry that into Europe his fortunes will improve on that front.

• Like 3

Just now, deanolegend1989 said:

There arguably better than Celtic currently and have a better manager.

They are certainly one of the better teams in pot 3 so would be best to avoid if possible in my opinion.

How do you work that one out?!

With this better manager, in all the time he has been up here, we have won every single one of the 6 available trophies!

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

There arguably better than Celtic currently and have a better manager.

They are certainly one of the better teams in pot 3 so would be best to avoid if possible in my opinion.

Not being condescending but have you watched them play this year? I have and I honestly don't see anything to worry about. 

They play with a lot of possession but their attacking play is so slow and laboured. Breaking quick doesn't appear to be in their arsenal and I've saw them struggle to break down teams. 

Defensively they are decent but with all due respect to some of the forwards they played, there is a clear gulf in class between ourselves and Hibs (who scored two against them)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

With this better manager, in all the time he has been up here, we have won every single one of the 6 available trophies!

I can’t claim to follow Scottish football religiously, however Rangers seemed so far away a few years back but they are closing the gap and I think they will win it this year.

Gerrard needed time, Rangers have never recovered since there relegations and this is the biggest threat to Celtic they have been for years.

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Not being condescending but have you watched them play this year? I have and I honestly don't see anything to worry about. 

They play with a lot of possession but their attacking play is so slow and laboured. Breaking quick doesn't appear to be in their arsenal and I've saw them struggle to break down teams. 

Defensively they are decent but with all due respect to some of the forwards they played, there is a clear gulf in class between ourselves and Hibs (who scored two against them)

I never said we’d lose or anything just that they are decent for a pot 3 team and there’s a lot easier draws?

Ive seen a few games but it’s hard to compare because as you say the Scottish league is so weak in comparison.

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

This is spot on.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah there's no way anyone can say Rangers are better than Celtic at the moment, there's just nothing to back that up. You do however have a shit Manager, so may not be long before the gap narrows...

I'd be absolutely gutted about not being able to see City play at the San Siro if we drew them (didn't Southampton get an allocation of about 8,000 there a few years back?!) but there's the opportunity for some really famous results if we draw them.

16 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

You're sort of contradicting your own argument here.

Not really I’m in a position where I would be able to quarantine for 14 days with no issues. There would also be a point to going as other away fans would be there too and I would actually be watching the match live

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

I'd be absolutely gutted about not being able to see City play at the San Siro if we drew them (didn't Southampton get an allocation of about 8,000 there a few years back?!) but there's the opportunity for some really famous results if we draw them.

Yeah took a lot, you just needed a booking history to get a ticket.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I can’t claim to follow Scottish football religiously, however Rangers seemed so far away a few years back but they are closing the gap and I think they will win it this year.

Gerrard needed time, Rangers have never recovered since there relegations and this is the biggest threat to Celtic they have been for years.

I've been hearing for the past three years they are the biggest threat they have been in years yet we still win all the trophies.

When Rangers can actually start to threaten to win trophies domestically I'll start worrying about them.

Rangers absolutely combusted and covid came at a good time for them as we were on course to win the league by even more points than the previous season and there was serious pressure on Gerrard from his own fans. They're last game before the season was cancelled they lost at Ibrox 1-0 to Hamilton who's top earner is £800 p/w. Hearts who finished bottom of the league and were relegated put them out the Scottish cup around a month before that.

In short you evidently have no clue what your talking about, your posts read like a diatribe from Jamie O'Hara on talksport. If you don't follow something or have any real knowledge of what you are talking about you'll look less silly if you say nothing.

• Haha 2