Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Of course I’m getting carried away but the champions league groups look very balanced this year. Only one group of death. 

Hopefully the favourites all finish top 2 as there would only be one team to fear dropping in to EL (Man U /Leipzeig) 

How does this work? Presumably 4 of 8 CL teams in 3rd place in their groups. Which ones go through to EL? Based on ranking or on performance in their CL group?

18 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

How does this work? Presumably 4 of 8 CL teams in 3rd place in their groups. Which ones go through to EL? Based on ranking or on performance in their CL group?

24 qualify from the Europa Group stage (top 2 from each of the 12 groups) then the 8 Champions League teams that finish 3rd in their respective groups, drop down to the Europa League to make up the last 32 knock out stage in the Europa.

Edited by MIAMI_FOX
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MIAMI_FOX said:

24 qualify from the Europa Group stage (top 2 from each of the 12 groups) then the 8 Champions League teams that finish 3rd in their respective groups, drop down to the Europa League to make up the last 32 knock stage in the Europa.

Ah ok thanks. Had assumed it was straight to a round of 16.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

I'd be satisfied with a big name from pot 1, as long as we get two "easy" one from pots 2 and 3. 

Don't know much about Gent but surely they're the easiest team in pot 1, apart from Celtic who I'd want to avoid just because of the risk of losing. Pot 3 is full of teams who I'm not sure how good they are and could be quite dangerous. Couple of dangerous french sides in pot 4.

With no away fans we want as little travel as possible I guess. Gent, Molde and Dundalk wouldn't be bad. 

Be gutted if we get what would have been a decent Germany trip or Benfica as would've love a trip to Lisbon. 

8 hours ago, StanSP said:

So Real Sociedad placed in Pot 2 and Granada Pot 3. 

image.thumb.png.2154e9edc70b13ee719480d95a3257a1.png

Pot 1. All tricky really. Gent and CSKA perfect.

Celtic, PSV, Braga ok.

Avoid Napoli, Roma, Villarreal, Leverkusen and Benfica.

Pot 3. Molde, LASK, Cluj, Athens perfect.

AZ, Feyenoord ok.

Avoid Milan, Granada, Rangers, Hoffenheim and the 2 Israeli teams for distance reasons.

Pot 4: All fine except Lille would be terrible and Omonia for distance.

Dream: Dundalk, Molde, Gent.

Nightmare: Napoli, Hoffenheim, Lille.

I have a degree and a PhD both in physics and I have no idea what's going on in the thread 🤷‍♀️

After the disappointment of last season, I'm actually looking forward to this now...which means we'll do shit! 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Celtic, PSV, Braga ok.

AZ, Feyenoord ok.

Avoid Milan, Granada, Rangers, Hoffenheim and the 2 Israeli teams for distance reasons.

CSKA perfect? Long travel, and very dangerous, plus Moscow in winter 🥶 I’d rather avoid..

After missing out on the Champions League I wanted us to draw some big teams in the Europa League and have some european nights to remember, but seeing as none of us can attend any of these matches I now just want the easiest draw possible with the least amount of travelling for the players.

Celtic, Molde and Dundalk please.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So who is going to fly out somewhere regardless of any quarantine on their return? Bound to be some. 

15 minutes ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

depending on where i probably will

Why would anyone do that? Especially as you won’t be allowed in the ground. Totally bizarre behaviour!

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Why would anyone do that? Especially as you won’t be allowed in the ground. Totally bizarre behaviour!

I wont be doing it, but only because of the quarantine. Plenty would go without tickets in normal circumstances, I went Seville without tickets and was great fun..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Hundreds of people travel to every England away with no prospect or wish to ever get in the ground. It turns into thousands for tournaments. Will still be some do these matches, even with Co-vid.

Just now, TamworthFoxes said:

Hundreds of people travel to every England away with no prospect or wish to ever get in the ground. It turns into thousands for tournaments. Will still be some do these matches, even with Co-vid.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I wont be doing it, but only because of the quarantine. Plenty would go without tickets in normal circumstances, I went Seville without tickets and was great fun..

The main issue I have with people doing that is with the current circumstances with covid. I'm as disappointed as anyone not to be able to go to the matches (and would go if away fans were allowed regardless of quarantine) but it seems bizarre to me to do so in these times when there won't even be a buzz in the city or anything.

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Celtic, PSV, Braga ok.

AZ, Feyenoord ok.

You would prefer to avoid Rangers but don't mind playing Celtic? How does that work? 

As long as we avoid Hoffenheim from pot 3 we'll be completely fine. Everyone goes on about distance but in reality it doesn't really matter unless we were to draw Qarabag (which we can't). Even getting the Israeli teams would only involve a 4 hour flight on a private jet, it's not the end of the world. 

• Like 1