Jump to content

Recommended Posts

How will the club organise ticket allocations in this competition? 

 

As and when crowds can return to matches, Europa League allocations have traditionally been much more generous than in the Champions League. Southampton, for example, got pretty much the whole end at the San Siro for their match against Inter a couple of years ago.

 

You'd expect some matches to make General Sale with such huge allocations, so you'd hope that the club will relax the rules regarding passports, vouchers and collection of tickets. 

 

 

 

 

IMG_20200727_092736.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone remember back in the champions league days who were allowed to buy tickets. Back then I was priority one so had no problem going to all of the games but I don't even have a membership anymore and only made it to one game last season (an away one). Were people with booking history allowed to buy tickets or was it just members and season ticket holders?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can't see away fans being allowed to go to games by October. I hope I'm wrong though.

Same here. Especially thousands travelling around Europe. Can see the authorities having to make overnight decisions like the other day, in which case there's hardly any point of selling tickets in the first place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Can anyone remember back in the champions league days who were allowed to buy tickets. Back then I was priority one so had no problem going to all of the games but I don't even have a membership anymore and only made it to one game last season (an away one). Were people with booking history allowed to buy tickets or was it just members and season ticket holders?

I seem to remember most home games got to general sale (albeit briefly) although the group stage tickets were sold as a bundle. Away games got to general sale for the less glamorous...Copenhagen and Porto I think. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Same here. Especially thousands travelling around Europe. Can see the authorities having to make overnight decisions like the other day, in which case there's hardly any point of selling tickets in the first place.

I think people will still be allowed to travel, just not attend games.

 

This is if things continue to improve with no spikes or whatever. At any point we could end up with a quarantine or whatever, and with 3 Thursdays in a row, if you go to one you might have to miss the other twolol

 

It's certainly going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

I seem to remember most home games got to general sale (albeit briefly) although the group stage tickets were sold as a bundle. Away games got to general sale for the less glamorous...Copenhagen and Porto I think. 

Hopefully this'll be the case again.

 

In this competition, especially at group stages, you're going to get less glamorous games that some won't fancy or be able to attend, and even the glamorous games at big stadia might offset demand for tickets with enormous allocations. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think people will still be allowed to travel, just not attend games.

 

This is if things continue to improve with no spikes or whatever. At any point we could end up with a quarantine or whatever, and with 3 Thursdays in a row, if you go to one you might have to miss the other twolol

 

It's certainly going to be interesting, that's for sure.

Can't wait for thousands of fans to be told they must quarantine in Belarus for 14 days prior to the match, then for 14 days after they get back.

 

Actually I'd be ****ing thrilled with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine if we got games at the likes of the San Siro or Ibrox and had to be played behind closed doors....devastating.

 

As has been mentioned at the very least I hope we are able to travel so we can have a few days in a new city with some beers

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there will be plenty of opportunity to get away tickets at the bigger European teams and the Champions League drop outs.

 

To the big teams, a mid week Europa league game against us is probably about as appetising as a caraboa cup game against Barnsley for us.

 

 

Edited by adejo92
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I can't see away fans being allowed to go to games by October. I hope I'm wrong though.

I think there may well be differences between clubs/countries. Some will allow fans, some not. Not sure if UEFA will try and intervene to say no away fans anywhere to prevent advantages to some clubs. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrighty22 said:

How strict are they on this? Can the one person collect 2?

Depends who you got really. Became a true ticket office shambles by the end with mates and back handers all over the shop.

 

Part of me was gutted up in that away end at Atletico in that it was clear so many had got tickets that looked pretty much like it was their first football match.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think there may well be differences between clubs/countries. Some will allow fans, some not. Not sure if UEFA will try and intervene to say no away fans anywhere to prevent advantages to some clubs. Who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

UEFA have intervened for the qualifiers saying no fans.
 

Although I noticed FC Copenhagen released a statement yesterday for their Europa League game saying they had requested fans but UEFA were yet to confirm. 
 

Some of the Central European countries have opened up to fans and had to close back down. If anything it’s created a big problem as fans are collecting together instead. If UEFA announced a blanket behind closed doors ban or a home fans only at group stages, I think it would save a lot of hassle for the local authorities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

UEFA have intervened for the qualifiers saying no fans.
 

Although I noticed FC Copenhagen released a statement yesterday for their Europa League game saying they had requested fans but UEFA were yet to confirm. 
 

Some of the Central European countries have opened up to fans and had to close back down. If anything it’s created a big problem as fans are collecting together instead. If UEFA announced a blanket behind closed doors ban or a home fans only at group stages, I think it would save a lot of hassle for the local authorities.

Games sanctioned by UEFA will all full under the same rules no? So teams in countries that don't believe in Corona won't just be able to allow us in. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Games sanctioned by UEFA will all full under the same rules no? So teams in countries that don't believe in Corona won't just be able to allow us in. 

I believe that will be the case. UEFA will want to insist on fairness. They have declared Nations League game to be all closed doors too

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2020 at 09:58, peach0000 said:

Can anyone remember back in the champions league days who were allowed to buy tickets. Back then I was priority one so had no problem going to all of the games but I don't even have a membership anymore and only made it to one game last season (an away one). Were people with booking history allowed to buy tickets or was it just members and season ticket holders?

Let the meltdowns begin 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Let the meltdowns begin 😎

Other people deserve tickets ahead of me these days, as much as I'd love to go to every game I know my place and would happily feed on the scraps. Was just genuinely curious of the chances as I didn't have to worry last time round so I have not clue. No meltdown from me lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

The CL home games were a package for members, all 3 matches included. The Sevilla game made it to Silver members but Atl Madrid sold out at Gold.

 

Can't see there being any hope of fans attending European away matches this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with the worsening situations here in Spain and France etc and a further spike expected in the uk ( they are generally 3 weeks behind the trend here) I honestly can’t see stadiums full Or even part full until the vaccine is widespread and I don’t think that will be this year. 
just back from a road trip in France and Spain and yesterday we returned home but not before passing the very impressive Metro Metropolitana which brought back memories of our last trip to Madrid to see the boys.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...