Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

RUGANI

11 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Our fans reckon Maddison, Iheanacho and Tielemans are woeful at various times. Early on a lot thought Vardy wasn't going to cut it in the top leagues.

Just saying.

Just now, Lad1966 said:

How do you think they would have rated Maguire if he’d gone to Juventus. They have a very high standards for their centre halves

So are we saying that Rugani would be a good purchase?

37 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So are we saying that Rugani would be a good purchase?

I'm saying fans are very fickle.

I also think we're unlikely to sign a player who plays for one of the biggest name teams in Europe, if the fans adored him.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'm saying fans are very fickle.

I also think we're unlikely to sign a player who plays for one of the biggest name teams in Europe, if the fans adored him.

This.  If a player from Juve were gangbusters, there's no way we'd even be in the conversation.

I don't know how a guy like Rugani manages to stay with Juve for multiple seasons and get 7 caps for the Italian national team if he's the disaster posters here assure us he is.  From what I can see he's a very talented but inconsistent center-back who's been stuck behind bigger names at Juve.  Would he thrive with regular playing time?  Maybe, maybe not - but I can see the draw.  He has good size and speed, he's good on the ball, he's played at the highest level both domestically and internationally.  If the right deal - which is more like 12-15 million that the 25-30 number some are throwing around - is out there, I'd be fine with it.

• Like 1

Not an exciting signing by any stretch. But we need to have some perspective.

hes not really been given a fair crack at juve.

how many players have we had that people have stated and others have said “well they haven’t had a fair chance, run of games etc”

it’s also worth noting that we won the league with rejects. Many of whom were in the latter stages of their careers and were either fringe players or released by other clubs.

i don’t know much about the lad. But you don’t get through at juventus and still be there at his age if you have got any ability.

another thing in response to people saying Rodgers has changed the signing philosophy to signing older players - It’s about balance. Don’t get me wrong I’d love a 25 man squad of wonderkids. But we need a mix. A lot of our older players are coming to the end of their careers and we do need to older heads in there so I do get it. It’s more about squad balance and experience rather than not wanting young lads anymore imo.

probably won’t happen anyway but if it does I’ll give it a chance. Got to be better than some

of the dross we’ve had.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Our fans reckon Maddison, Iheanacho and Tielemans are woeful at various times. Early on a lot thought Vardy wasn't going to cut it in the top leagues.

Just saying.

Juventus fans have said this for the past couple of years. 

I doubt any of our fans genuinely think those players are bad. Juventus fans clearly think Rugani is however.

• Like 1

Honestly, the hyperbole from some football supporters.

You just don't blag 80-odd appearances for Juventus, and 7 for the Italian national team.

This guy can't be awful, it just doesn't work like that.

10 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Honestly, the hyperbole from some football supporters.

You just don't blag 80-odd appearances for Juventus, and 7 for the Italian national team.

This guy can't be awful, it just doesn't work like that.

Based on that logic the majority of Everton and West Ham's signings should be guaranteed a success then as they love signing bit part players from the top sides. Usually complete horse shit.

• Like 2

He's 6 feet 3 and his performances have dipped but he's only played about 10 games this season. 

Juventus have had excellent centre backs over the last few years and his chances have been limited. 

He does look to have pace and he's good on the ball and at 26 he's the right age. 

The big positive as well is that he is not Ryan Bennet. 

Not one to excite but he could turn out better than people are thinking and should be a good squad player at least. 

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

All the Red Tops reporting Juventus asking Man U about Smalling so if true looks like 1 of their CB's could be on the move.

Surely juventus are not going to sign smalling who is man u's 4th choice cb and we will sign juventus's 4th choice cb.

oh the hypocrisy