Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

RUGANI

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

We can’t be looking at Fofana and Demiral and then go for Rugani.. it just doesn’t make sense

We don't know what the situation is, Saint-Etienne could be asking for stupid money for Fofana and Demiral might not even want to join us

He's honestly pretty average and at 25m you'd expect us to have our eyes on starting him, that's not squad player money. To be honest, it's a lot of money for any CB even in 2020.

It's important you go and read what the Juventus fans say about him because he's pretty much universally pegged as shit by them. He was the next big thing when he was 20 and he's just not developed, like a defensive Demarai Gray. 

Don't make the mistake yall did when we signed Rachid Ghezzal and dismiss the fans of his current and former clubs, assuming you know more just out of blind optimism. 

• Like 1

From that vid he looks to have all the qualities of a good ball playing centre half. Looks tall and wins a few headers and has a fair bit of pace for a cb. But I understand it’s a highlights video.

this is the type of guy we normally get who has a big point to prove and does well for us but £25mill will come with some pressure on him to perform!

I would be excited if it was a backup signing at a lot less money!

if the £25m fee is to believed I can’t help get wound up thinking Juve are right cheeky feckers!!

3 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Apparently the lad has been awful this season according to journos who follow Italian football. Demiral would be ideal but Juve don’t want to sell + more realistic we would look at Dunk or Tarkowski.

Juventus have been desperate trying to punt Rugani for a while now. He was a bit of player in his early 20's but done nothing of note for a few years.

It will be a mug club that picks him up and hopefully that isn't us.

• Like 2

Theres no upside to that supposed deal. Im not questioning his quality in terms of being a back up (although perhaps I should) but you dont spend 25m on a back up. 

Is he an upgrade on vestergard and bennett, probably, is he going to push JE and CS for a spot... almost certainly not. Just got to hope this is recycled nonsense 

Sometimes I think this forum suffers from memory loss

"We seem to be moving away from our model of signing young players"

We signed James Justin last season and this season have been linked with Brooks, McKenzie, Tsygankov etc. But yeah sure we're obviously moving away from our model

Probably worth pointing out that Juve fans will have the highest standard for Centre Halves in the world.

No matter how well he plays, he'll always be compared to the likes of Chiellini, Bonnuci, Barzagli, Thuram, Cannavarro etc.

But if we're after a reserve defender from Juve, I really hope it's Demiral.

Edited by AKCJ

What's worth keeping in mind when it comes to Juve fans is, the fuching hate everyone.

A quick giihle search and I've saw them slate, Rugani, Matuidi, Khedira, Pjanic, Bernadearchi, Sarri...... 

Tbh, only Ronaldo and Dyabala seem to escape their anger. 

47 minutes ago, Slab Edd said:

Sometimes I think this forum suffers from memory loss

"We seem to be moving away from our model of signing young players"

We signed James Justin last season and this season have been linked with Brooks, McKenzie, Tsygankov etc. But yeah sure we're obviously moving away from our model

Last 2 signings have been 25 and 30 me ode.

6 hours ago, matty98 said:

Whenever fans of a club say a player is bad, 9 times out of 10 he's bad.

We should steer well clear of this.

Our fans reckon Maddison, Iheanacho and Tielemans are woeful at various times. Early on a lot thought Vardy wasn't going to cut it in the top leagues.

Just saying.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Like 1