Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

How many teams get relegated from the under 18s league? Is it 2 like the 23s? 

Going to be tight in both divisions 

Not entirely sure there is any relegation and I think it is dependant on what category your youth academy is rated as (needs to be Category 1 to play in Prem u18s league)

Between this season and last season the only club that are no longer playing in it are Swansea who dropped to Category 2, where as Leeds joined this season after becoming Category 1

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Not entirely sure there is any relegation and I think it is dependant on what category your youth academy is rated as (needs to be Category 1 to play in Prem u18s league)

Between this season and last season the only club that are no longer playing in it are Swansea who dropped to Category 2

So you’re telling me we should have been protesting the under 18s league at the same time as the ESL?! 

lol just kidding, that’s a relief! 

• Haha 2

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-academy-leicester-city-5331445?fbclid=IwAR3iTAxp4PHyPm0TN0jjeCB74zHsNKlqtP51i3ng3yM4rPttQQSom7aEpho

Private school, smart shopping, the big Leicester City problem - Nottingham Forest's Academy face a fight

A bit too long to copy and paste.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/nottingham-forest-academy-leicester-city-5331445?fbclid=IwAR3iTAxp4PHyPm0TN0jjeCB74zHsNKlqtP51i3ng3yM4rPttQQSom7aEpho

Private school, smart shopping, the big Leicester City problem - Nottingham Forest's Academy face a fight

I read this the other day as a Nottingham local and it actually paints Forest in a fairly good light. Essentially they've already got a great academy, and they're upping it to Cat 1 to ensure we don't take their players.

It's a bit click baity essentially.

But a nice write up of what's on offer from us.

Edited by AjcW

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I read this the other day as a Nottingham local and it actually paints Forest in a fairly good light. Essentially they've already got a great academy, and they're upping it to Cat 1 to ensure we don't take their players.

It's a bit click baity essentially.

But a nice write up of what's on offer from us.

As the stand out club in the Midlands in the last 6 years I suspect we have been taking the best players from the area and in the next 5-10 years should see the benefits of that.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

As the stand out club in the Midlands in the last 6 years I suspect we have been taking the best players from the area and in the next 5-10 years should see the benefits of that.

Don't think that's the case at all Ric, at that age it's all about showing off to the parents, and we've had nothing to show off.

I'd say it'll be more a case of pinching their 17 year olds for now, and doing what you've said above for the 11+ lot from now onwards.

Just being in the Premier League isn't enough sometimes for parents, what Forest have had from a 'money making' point of view, is clear examples of young lads who have been sold for between 5-15m, pocketing the families and the youngsters themselves big windfalls! 

Just now, AjcW said:

Don't think that's the case at all Ric, at that age it's all about showing off to the parents, and we've had nothing to show off.

I'd say it'll be more a case of pinching their 17 year olds for now, and doing what you've said above for the 11+ lot from now onwards.

Just being in the Premier League isn't enough sometimes for parents, what Forest have had from a 'money making' point of view, is clear examples of young lads who have been sold for between 5-15m, pocketing the families and the youngsters themselves big windfalls! 

Well we've been consistently told that the academy is a work in progress and the ambition matching the 1st team which has seen unthinkable progression in the last 6 years has been going on behind the scenes and will come to fruition in the future. Thst is likely to be because a) we have the best coaching facilities and b) we are the standout club to come to in the Midlands who have produced England players in recent years. 

This could all be presumptious but that's the message I've heard. We've already been taking players from the other parts of the Midlands, we got the Pennant brothers who are from Nottingham and suspect its happening a lot. The private education as well is a huge pull.

• Like 1

Under 23s just kicked off vs Arsenal

Stolarczyk

Daley-Campbell, Nelson, Dasilva, Flynn

Tavares, Leshabela

Shade, Suengchitthawon, McAteer

Wakeling

Subs: Chibueze, Hughes, O’Connor, Hulme, Ewing

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1-0 Arsenal, sounds pretty route one for the goal

Moller (striker) brings the ball down from a goal kick and slips through Coyle (winger) who finishes

Both VDC and Nelson booked in the first 30 minutes

Edited by moore_94

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

1-0 Arsenal, sounds pretty route one for the goal

Moller (striker) brings the ball down from a goal kick and slips through Coyle (winger) who finishes

Both VDC and Nelson booked in the first 30 minutes

Are you watching this?

Edit - Ahh see you said "sounds"

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Interestingly, I'm fairly certain the head of sport at the private school, Ratcliffe College, is our former CB Phil Gilchrist.

11 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Are you watching this?

Edit - Ahh see you said "sounds"

Looked everywhere for a stream and had a look on the Arsenal forums but as usual it isn't being shown (although slightly more understandable as they are playing at same time as seniors so that LCFCTV thing is on)

Full time Leicester 1-1 Arsenal

Lestyn Hughes came on for his first appearance in injury time

1 point (and +5 better GD) above West Ham with 2 games left, Southampton are basically gone

image.png.625ac6ef3a4269b8e49c8f0c2c92bfd7.png

We have to play 7th placed Liverpool twice, West Ham have to play 10th placed Arsenal twice

On 26/04/2021 at 22:59, moore_94 said:

Full time Leicester 1-1 Arsenal

Lestyn Hughes came on for his first appearance in injury time

1 point (and +5 better GD) above West Ham with 2 games left, Southampton are basically gone

image.png.625ac6ef3a4269b8e49c8f0c2c92bfd7.png

We have to play 7th placed Liverpool twice, West Ham have to play 10th placed Arsenal twice

Just watched the extended highlights, we hit the post and bar a lot!!! 

Played some decent stuff, some very intelligent play from the midfield. Still can't work out if Wakeling is any good or not, at times he seems very cumbersome at running with the ball and then others seems quite quick.

14 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Oh is a capital i rather than an L? Didn’t realise haha

Me too. I even went to United website for him and started to complain even they didn’t bother to capitalise the L until I realised

Edited by Foxxed

Under 18s kicked off against Fulham at 12

Currently 1-0 down after 30 minutes

1. Odunze, 2. Cover, 3. Aisthorpe, 4. Braybrooke, 5. Cook, 6. Godsmark-Ford, 7. T. Pennant, 8. Ewing, 9. Russ, 10. Marcal-Madivadua, 11. Maswanhise

Bench: 13. Chibueze (GK), 12. Kutshienza, 14. Booth, 15. K. Pennant, 16. Butterfill