Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

Now losing 3-1. Going down, going down, going down.

One of the best training grounds in Europe but next season our U23's will probably be playing amongst the also rans & our U18's are next to bottom in their league. Not really satisfactory I would suggest

5 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

One of the best training grounds in Europe but next season our U23's will probably be playing amongst the also rans & our U18's are next to bottom in their league. Not really satisfactory I would suggest

Really poor and yet we're busy trying to buy more youth keepers as a priority.

• Like 1

Just now, Foxxed said:

We still not allowed to watch the development squad then?

Doesn't seem so, would be nice if someone like Stringer or Tanner asked the club what's going on. In fact have they streamed any of our games since we moved to Seagrave? 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I couldn't quite remember if they had or if it stopped at the turn of the year.

Definitely watched a few, seemed to stop around the same time Cole Dasilva and that other guy started playing for us, although probably a coincidence 

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Doesn't seem so, would be nice if someone like Stringer or Tanner asked the club what's going on. In fact have they streamed any of our games since we moved to Seagrave? 

I think there may have been 1, possibly 2 shown. Goodness knows why unless they are embarresed to show them as the team is so bad.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A couple in Seagrave yeah.

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

In fairness half the under 23s have been needed with the first team. Which means half the under 18s have been bumped to the 23s. 

It’s still poor but it must be a tough job at the moment 

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

In fairness half the under 23s have been needed with the first team. Which means half the under 18s have been bumped to the 23s. 

It’s still poor but it must be a tough job at the moment 

You are right.......but the results weren't significantly better in previous years when the same situation didn't apply.....apart from when we were playing over-age players in our U23s against sides with lower average ages

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2104217/small-details-the-difference-says-ewing

Small Details The Difference, Says Ewing
DEVELOPMENT SQUAD
Published 8 mins ago

Leicester City's Development Squad still have plenty to build on despite Monday's defeat by Tottenham Hotspur, says midfielder Oliver Ewing.

- Oliver Ewing speaks to LCFC TV following the Leicester City Development Squad's latest outing
- The Foxes were beaten 3-1 by Tottenham Hotspur U23s at LCFC Training Ground on Monday
- Ewing points to several reasons for optimism despite the result in Seagrave
- The young midfielder also backs City's youngsters to improve their form this spring

The Foxes started brightly at LCFC Training Ground, playing adventurous, attacking football, and they were rewarded inside three minutes when Vontae Daley-Campbell's cross was inadvertently sent into his own net by Spurs defender Marcel Lavinier.

Dilan Markanday's equaliser, though, ensured the game was level at the interval in Seagrave, before J'Neil Bennett and Rodel Richards wrapped up the three points for the north Londoners. 

Ewing, who has stepped up from the Under-18s at times in 2020/21, admitted that City's youngsters were frustrated they were unable to add to their lead, but backed his team-mates to deliver more complete performances over the coming weeks.

The plan was to get an early goal and then push on, but I think we just never kicked on. That was the problem because we showed signs that we could play, we could dominate the game, but we just never carried it through the whole game.

Oliver Ewing LCFC TV
"We’re just really disappointed, especially with the start that we had," the 18-year-old told LCFC TV. "I thought in the first 25-30 minutes, we were really good. Then, we make a few sloppy mistakes and then they get their goal, and then I just thought we didn’t really get going again. It’s really disappointing.

"The plan was to get an early goal and then push on, but I think we just never kicked on. That was the problem because we showed signs that we could play, we could dominate the game, but we just never carried it through the whole game."

In the middle of the pitch, Ewing starred alongside South Africa youth international Khanya Leshabela for the first time and it was an experience he enjoyed.

"I hadn’t played with him before, so it was a good experience to play with him," he added. "I think we did combine a few times quite well, but throughout the game, we just didn't do it enough I feel, so that's something to work on, to build on.

"It was a good few spells when we played well so we’ll just build off that. It’s actually been really good (playing for the Under-23s) on a personal note. I know results haven't gone our way all the time, but I've had a few good performances. It’s been a good exposure and it's been good. I’ll just build off that."

Leicester's Under-23s now have just four games left and currently sit 12th, one point and one place above bottom side Southampton, who are the next visitors to LCFC Training Ground on Monday 19 April (7pm BST kick-off).

"It's definitely a big game," Ewing added. "That's a six-pointer game, as they say, so we need to win that one. I'm sure everyone's going to be up for that. We’ve had good performances, like at West Ham, I think we did do well. It's just, again, like tonight, we didn't take our chances.

"Then we let them get back in the game and then it just gets away from us, so it’s just slight details we need to fix up on."

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Not showing it ourselves, and also apparently refused Liverpool showing the game, how strange

There does seem to be a deliberate decision to stop showing our academy games, baffling. I know we all take the piss how bad we've been this season across the U18 and U23 teams but it seems a little drastic!

• Like 1