Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Do you know if it was our choice to release him or has he chosen to leave?

image.png.bb096e62f8ad57ad911ac0700d999513.png

....shackles are off....chains have broken..!!!

Is there something happening at the club which the players are having difficulty in maintaining any semblance of a cordial environment Gray posting after agreeing to leave the club and now this.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....shackles are off....chains have broken..!!!

Is there something happening at the club which the players are having difficulty in maintaining any semblance of a cordial environment Gray posting after agreeing to leave the club and now this.

Wimbledon didn't even exist when some of these were born! None of them have any nostalgia to that style of football so no wonder they want out 😂

17 hours ago, moore_94 said:

One of his family members, who I work with, told me last week when I asked how he was doing that it did not look like he was going to be offered a new contract. So probably the club's choice I would suspect.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It seems like there's been a few contract discussions this last week as Adam Leathers is also leaving. 

Always contract discussions in May as most contracts run from 1/7 to 30/6. 

Who is Adam Leathers....never heard of him?

18 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He was the most talented of the 3 brothers who have been at LCFC academy....reminded me a bit of Rooney in way he played....but very big time in his attitude and his ego. Seems to run in his family...

Seemed to act like he was the main attraction on the pitch and the others were just there as his supporting acts .....and perfectly summed up by issuing a release 'statement' in true celebrity style.

Could possibly have been a player if he had been a bit more humble and there weren't so many hangers on blowing so much smoke up his arse and "encouraging" his ego.. 

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Always contract discussions in May as most contracts run from 1/7 to 30/6. 

Who is Adam Leathers....never heard of him?

Played mainly for the U18's, can't recall him being part of the U23's at all. I don't think he's played much all season, which happens a fair bit with our academy. We have players just hanging about.

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

He was the most talented of the 3 brothers who have been at LCFC academy....reminded me a bit of Rooney in way he played....but very big time in his attitude and his ego. Seems to run in his family...

Seemed to act like he was the main attraction on the pitch and the others were just there as his supporting acts .....and perfectly summed up by issuing a release 'statement' in true celebrity style.

Could possibly have been a player if he had been a bit more humble and there weren't so many hangers on blowing so much smoke up his arse and "encouraging" his ego.. 

A lot of blame being put Beaglehole's way by the family member, rightly or wrongly...

Conversely, speaks very warmly of Rudkin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Incognito said:

A lot of blame being put Beaglehole's way by the family member, rightly or wrongly...

Conversely, speaks very warmly of Rudkin.

Rudkin was absolutely slated for years by fans, he's earnt respect by being a pretty damn good DoF. Hence, much of the blame falls onto Beaglehole, even though many assume Rudkin being in his position has allowed beaglehole to remain in charge.

Edit: one point comes to mind when during a lap of appreciation, Rudkin was booed by fans, to now where he is lauded for his role in what our recruitment has become. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Friday 30th July - friendly v Alvechurch, likely to be Under 23s. Cracking little village with decent pubs and chippy. Ground beautiful on a dry day but a nightmare on a wet day! 

Oh no way, just down the road from me and I have good friends in the neighbouring village. Will definitely be heading to this one! 

Under 18s are playing at home against Aston Villa, just kicked off, pretty much only playing for the glory of not finishing bottom of the league

1. Odunze, 2. Godsmark-Ford, 3. Booth, 4. Cover, 5. Solomon, 6. Cook, 7. Kutshienza, 8. Ewing(c), 9. Russ, 10. T. Pennant, 11. K. Pennant

Bench: 13. Chibueze (GK), 12. Wilson-Brown, 14. Dawkins, 15. Butterfill, 16. Fitzhugh, 17. Cartwright

Braybrooke, Marcal-Madivadua, Maswanhise all missing from the squad from the last under 18s game, possibly brought up the under 23s ahead of the important game on Monday?

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Few players in the squad I haven't seen before/don't really recognise

Alex Solomon - looks like he may have joined us from Leyton Orient, this is the only guy I can find with that name http://www.lgr.co.uk/16-year-old-alex-solomon-signs-for-leyton-orient/

Kartell Dawkins - joined us in January from a college academy, played a couple of games in November, and has been on the bench a few times https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/grassroots/2021/01/22/youngster-playing-in-premier-league/

Thomas Wilson-Brown - looks like he may have come up from a younger age group, played a game for us back in February https://www.transfermarkt.com/thomas-wilson-brown/profil/spieler/867710

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Mystifying how an England youth International in Will Alves who seems to be the jewel in the academy crown fromnthe younger age groups isn't getting a gig for the U18's much. No doubt his tricks and skill are frowned upon in games.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Few players in the squad I haven't seen before/don't really recognise

Alex Solomon - looks like he may have joined us from Leyton Orient, this is the only guy I can find with that name http://www.lgr.co.uk/16-year-old-alex-solomon-signs-for-leyton-orient/

Kartell Dawkins - joined us in January from a college academy, played a couple of games in November, and has been on the bench a few times https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/grassroots/2021/01/22/youngster-playing-in-premier-league/

Thomas Wilson-Brown - looks like he may have come up from a younger age group, played a game for us back in February https://www.transfermarkt.com/thomas-wilson-brown/profil/spieler/867710

Yes - this is Alex Solomons who has joined from Leyton.  I live in Barnet (NorthLondon) and know his Dad

• Like 1

79' - K. Pennant off, Butterfill on

82' - 4-1... here we go :ph34r:

88' - Booth off, Cartwright on

89' - 5-1 Brandon Cover! Instant impact from Cartwright with the assist!

Edited by moore_94