Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

How will the overall outlay be lower?

If 9k STHs can attend at 30% capacity, which is the plan from October (where there are 17 home games left). Say 18k apply for ballots, which is a perfectly realistic guess. So you get in to 9 home games.

At an average of £40 a go that's £360 for 9 games. Add £70 fee. £430, which is more than a renewal in either the family stand or Kop.

For less than half the games, for a much worse product.

I agree with you here but in that case the £70 will be transferred to next season 

still means £360 for 9 games, my season ticket for 19 games is £365 

• Like 1

Just now, jammie82uk said:

I agree with you here but in that case the £70 will be transferred to next season 

still means £360 for 9 games, my season ticket for 19 games is £365 

True.

And those 9 games at 30% capacity doesn't even include the potential to increase to 60% and higher which is the reported plan as early as January. So it could be more like 12 games. You're talking nearly £500 for 30% less games and significantly less enjoyment for something that usually costs you £365.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

How will the overall outlay be lower?

If 9k STHs can attend at 30% capacity, which is the plan from October (where there are 17 home games left). Say 18k apply for ballots, which is a perfectly realistic guess. So you get in to 9 home games.

At an average of £40 a go that's £360 for 9 games. Add £70 fee. £430, which is more than a renewal in either the family stand or Kop.

For less than half the games, for a much worse product.

But we've already established that most people can't be arsed with the games due to the lack of atmosphere. Only a select few die hards will go to enough games for it to work out they'd be out of pocket. And in those cases, they're paying for the privilege of being one of a select few to still see Leicester in loads of games despite there being so few tickets. 

I really don't know how else you'd do it. If you made it cheaper the demand would be too high and those hell bent on going would be complaining that they can't go. Well, in this set up, they can if they're willing to pay. 

It's the only fair way to do it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

But we've already established that most people can't be arsed with the games due to the lack of atmosphere. Only a select few die hards will go to enough games for it to work out they'd be out of pocket. And in those cases, they're paying for the privilege of being one of a select few to still see Leicester in loads of games despite there being so few tickets. 

I really don't know how else you'd do it. If you made it cheaper the demand would be too high and those hell bent on going would be complaining that they can't go. Well, in this set up, they can if they're willing to pay. 

But the system is set up so that you can only attend 1 game in a “ballot cycle” so even at pro rata prices and maximum 23k demand you will get to see 1 in 3 games based on 30% attendance 

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

We're not talking a select few diehards.

There are enough of us who sat through the shit of the early 2000s still around and who go away regularly who will still want to be there at every possible chance. I would say we're talking several thousands, if not 10,000 who will stick themselves in the ballot for every possible game.

They should want the demand to be high because they ensure they don't piss off loyal supporters. If all 23k are in the ballot to pay their usual pro rata price then every STH gets to go to two of every five games at 30% capacity, and three in four at 60% capacity.

The only fair way to do it is not to make STHs pay the sort of money the local United plastic hangers-on pay to watch us play Man United where they get tickets off some **** in the ticket office. I just cannot believe anyone is justifying £40 for a football match full stop, never mind the shittest possible football experience you could conjure up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

We're not talking a select few diehards.

There are enough of us who sat through the shit of the early 2000s still around and who go away regularly who will still want to be there at every possible chance. I would say we're talking several thousands, if not 10,000 who will stick themselves in the ballot for every possible game.

They should want the demand to be high because they ensure they don't piss off loyal supporters. If all 23k are in the ballot to pay their usual pro rata price then every STH gets to go to two of every five games at 30% capacity, and three in four at 60% capacity.

The only fair way to do it is not to make STHs pay the sort of money the local United plastic hangers-on pay to watch us play Man United where they get tickets off some **** in the ticket office. I just cannot believe anyone is justifying £40 for a football match full stop, never mind the shittest possible football experience you could conjure up.

How do you think non STHs feel? No games for the foreseeable.

Yes your loyalty has earnt you your position but nobody could have foreseen these circumstances. Many live outside of the city or have other commitments and so are happy with their handful of games per season.

Remember that you still have priority over those people. As a non STH myself I don't begrudge it you, but just pay the price man.

Just be thankful you can go at all. Yeah it'll cost you a few quid extra. It's a sh*t scenario, but that's what Covid (or rather, the response to Covid) is doing. (Ruining everything.)

It was never going to work for everyone.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

But the system is set up so that you can only attend 1 game in a “ballot cycle” so even at pro rata prices and maximum 23k demand you will get to see 1 in 3 games based on 30% attendance 

And if £40 reduces ballot from the maximum 23k to 7,500 (demand reduced by two thirds), then those happy enough and determined enough will get to 100% of games instead of having to settle for 1 in 3. The most loyal and biggest fans will therefore be the ones who get to the most games. Or to some extent just the wealthier fans.

Either way, money talks. That's life.

Edited by Nod.E

Potentially you could get to maybe 6 games if everyone applied. That's £310 for 6 games! That would make a full season ticket over £900 on paper 😆 Even if you managed 9, that is still over a double price rise on this season. The figures are just a joke.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

And if £40 reduces ballot from the maximum 23k to 7,500 (demand reduced by two thirds), then those happy enough and determined enough will get to 100% of games instead of having to settle for 1 in 3. The most loyal and biggest fans will therefore be the ones who get to the most games. Or to some extent just the wealthier fans.

Nothing to do with loyalty. Like you said the wealthier fans will be the ones who turn up. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Potentially you could get to maybe 6 games if everyone applied. That's £310 for 6 games! That would make a full season ticket over £900 on paper 😆 Even if you managed 9, that is still over a double price rise on this season. The figures are just a joke.

You're missing the point. 

The whole model is based on the fact that there aren't very many tickets available. 

It isn't based on the assumption everyone will apply for every ballot. 

It reduces demand enough to give you the option to go some games (and this is an improvement on the previous assumed position that no games would be attended for the foreseeable.)

It means that if you really, really want to go to as many games as possible DESPITE a price hike, then you have a significantly better chance of doing so than if prices were pro rata.

In short, this model gives you the opportunity to pick and choose how many games you want to go to (based on the impact on demand the prices will have), a luxury that you couldn't have expected given the incredibly difficult supply issue presented by Covid.

Edited by Nod.E

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Nothing to do with loyalty. Like you said the wealthier fans will be the ones who turn up. 

To some extent. 

To be honest I've always been amazed that many fans can afford a season ticket at all. I'm sure people that can't afford it will still pay.

11 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

To some extent. 

To be honest I've always been amazed that many fans can afford a season ticket at all. I'm sure people that can't afford it will still pay.

The reason we can afford it is because we aren't paying 40 quid a game 

40 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Why would the club want less people in a ballot? 
surely they will want the maximum amount of people in the ballot 

the club don’t care what individuals attend as long as the tickets sell 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

Why would the club want less people in a ballot? 
surely they will want the maximum amount of people in the ballot 

the club don’t care what individuals attend as long as the tickets sell 

Because they know there will be enough interest for them to sell. In the unlikely event they don't, they can open out to the many takers that sit outside of the pool of STHs. 

I'm not saying the luxury of picking and choosing games is an advantage that the club necessarily put at the forefront of their thinking. It is however a happy byproduct of the pricing.

Their model means an even spread of 1 in 3 games watched by all 23k STHs is not the likely outcome.

Some people might have wanted that, but instead what you effectively have is a model that will result in some going to zero, others going to a couple, and some going to many more than 1 in 3.

Personally I think it's clever. Instead of everyone being underserved, it's now structured in a way that matches individual appetite. If you want to go to all games, chances are you probably can now, but it will be expensive. Or at least more games than 1 in 3. Would've been impossible without this pricing, though. 

The club makes more money and season ticket holders get a greater opportunity to see more games. 

11 hours ago, Corieltauvian said:

Some of the bootlicking responses I’ve seen to this are as appalling as the issue itself.

Let’s have it right. Whatever the owners have ‘done for us’ has been for themselves more. They’ve made a tonne of cash out of this club and have grown an international reputation off the back of it. I will never praise any owner for doing a good job of running the club. That’s my minimum expectation.

If they don’t get rid of the £70 blackmail scheme then Hinckley will get my money instead. This has pissed me off enough that they might anyway.

Agree a lot with this. To me it just sums up how low standards and expectations actually are from fans in this country that the bare minimum is treated as some kind of miracle. The owners have done a good job at Leicester on the whole but the fact others are badly run shouldn't lower our own expectations.

Both they and the club benefit from it. Whoever it is has done a very good job of convincing the fans that it's just one way.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Fair play to the people who don't want to go because they don't feel safe or don't want to folk out the money.

Quick question to all they guys say they will not go because of the lack of capacity and atmosphere, I take it if we ever get relegated to League 2 your all going to sod off due to the lack of a crowd?

That's totally different and you know it is. I dunno who I speak for but the idea of crowds of about 8k, spaced out, sat in masks couldn't appeal less. I'd sooner watch on TV than pay for football-lite.

• Like 1

The £70 deposit didn't deserve the amount of Covidiot lashing out, it was always going to be a down payment on your season ticket. I've got hundreds ££ in gig tickets moved forward 12 months, its how it is, i could cancel.

I can sympathise to a degree that tickets on not pro rata of the balance but these are strange times. I doubt if the cost of staffing the ground are a third even if the crowds are, its a choice. The club have been fantastic, look at the positives. I never got a refund for Peter Taylor's etc crap games, we could be Geordies 

I'm sure they mean well but can the Union kids please exclude me and anyone i know when quoting the 'majority' of supporters, they do not speak for me on this or when it comes to suggesting huffing out season ticket holders as they are too old and they fancy a sing in better seats :scarf:

Working in good faith that games would return at full capacity at some point.... yeah that’s why you put no games at full capacity = non refundable £70.

At least they have listened, I do think they could have gone a step further, but it enough for me to renew now.

I just need to decide if I actually care enough about football to bother now, because I’ve about had enough.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Corieltauvian said:

It’s a shoddy attempt to placate enough people to take the heat out of the issue rather than to do the right thing. There is just no good reason to ask people to pay the £70.

Tbf to them it will probably work.

Their original plan was to charge £95 not £70!

Guest Markyblue
47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Working in good faith that games would return at full capacity at some point.... yeah that’s why you put no games at full capacity = non refundable £70.

At least they have listened, I do think they could have gone a step further, but it enough for me to renew now.

I just need to decide if I actually care enough about football to bother now, because I’ve about had enough.

Absolutely this,  my love for the game is ebbing away fast.