Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I’m not scared because of the media! I’ve seen first hand what this disease is like.. so I would prefer to stay away until it’s over

I was talking more in reference to the prospect of crowds being allowed back rather than individual choice.

That said, many have seen first hand what cancer is like and we still smoke like chimneys and drink like fish.

We don't change our ways for most causes of death and we make a strange exception for Covid-19.

Anyway, this isn't a Covid thread. Carry on whinging about having to pay 70 quid for a subscription service you're not entitled to having.

13 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

So the only way to lose the £70 is if you don't renew for 2021/22? 

That isn’t how I’m

reading it, but I might be wrong so happy to be corrected.

It still reads to me as though fans who either have concerns about returning for health reasons (and might want to see the impact of full stadiums before choosing to attend themselves) will still have to pay £70 now and then also pay the full amount towards a 21/22 season ticket.

And more broadly, fans are being asked to pay £70 to enter a lottery for a prize they don’t want. 

Just waive the £70 and allow current season ticket holders to retain the ability to renew for 21/22. This isn’t hard. It’s still a money grab. If they need £1.6m  as badly as this then they have some pretty big problems to deal with.

I will pay the 70 quid over 2 instalments that's it. I wanted to go to games but refuse to pay 35 quid plus for a ticket to watch us in a half empty stadium, the idea that there is a 'category' at these times is a joke. The booking fee is outright taking the piss, booking fee for what? I dont want to book anything, I want a season ticket and to go to as many games as I can that's it. I'd rather just pay my normal direct debit and get a refund at the end of the season 60 days later for the games I cant attend.

The club have had a nightmare here.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Corieltauvian said:

That isn’t how I’m

reading it, but I might be wrong so happy to be corrected.

It still reads to me as though fans who either have concerns about returning for health reasons (and might want to see the impact of full stadiums before choosing to attend themselves) will still have to pay £70 now and then also pay the full amount towards a 21/22 season ticket.

And more broadly, fans are being asked to pay £70 to enter a lottery for a prize they don’t want. 

Just waive the £70 and allow current season ticket holders to retain the ability to renew for 21/22. This isn’t hard. It’s still a money grab. If they need £1.6m  as badly as this then they have some pretty big problems to deal with.

Yes I think if the government say the capacity can go back to enough to allow in 23000, then the 70 quid would be used this season even if individuals don't feel safe to return. It would only be refunded in the event it is not possible to accommodate 23000 this season, as far as I can tell.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

The update:

Throughout this process, we have been working in good faith in the belief that full capacity will resume at some point during the course of the 2020/21 season – a scenario in which any initial payments from Season Ticket Holders will be credited against the pro-rata cost of their Season Tickets when full capacity resumes. 

However, should sufficient capacity to accommodate all Season Ticket Holders NOT be achieved during the 2020/21 season, the Club will ensure initial payments are credited against Season Tickets for 2021/22.

Season Ticket Holders have the option of spreading their initial payments across two instalments, the first of which will be due when securing their Season Tickets, and the second on 1 October. Payment plan options may also be available for the balance due on Season Tickets, depending on the point at which full capacity resumes. 

So £70 off the STH for 21/22.

At least it goes towards something and not just a fee they're taking with potentially no 'reward' for us in return.

• Like 2

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

Yes I think if the government say the capacity can go back to enough to allow in 23000, then the 70 quid would be used this season even if individuals don't feel safe to return. It would only be refunded in the event it is not possible to accommodate 23000 this season, as far as I csnt tell.

I think by 'full capacity' they mean full stadium, not full capacity of STHs.

Just now, StanSP said:

I think by 'full capacity' they mean full stadium, not full capacity of STHs.

I would assume that if all season ticket holders can be accommodated, we would revert to a more normal scheme with no ballots? And normal payments,  It is also possible at that time some would still feel uncomfortable attending, probably so even if a full crowd is allowed and no vaccine is found. I cant see bar a miracle that we have a full crowd before August 2021 personally.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I may be too tired to bother to work it out but with the new update, what happens if it only turns out to be one game only that full capacity resumes? What happens with our £70 and what's the pro-rata cost for this season?

They keep your £70 and lol

at you as you pay full price for your next renewal as far as I can tell. 

I’m glad the £70 definitely goes towards something, but what is it actually for? Why such an arbitrary number?

No intention of paying £40 to watch us in a severely diluted version of football. I’m sure there will be plenty who go though. 

This is slightly better but I don’t understand why it’s not pro rata. 

Personally I was always going to pay the £70, I don’t know if I’m going to be comfortable sitting amongst 30000 people before next summer, regardless of government advice. If they do go to full capacity then I’ll have a decision to make to either go or not and take the financial hit of paying the pro rata amount for this season. Grateful for the concession on the £70. 

I’ve fallen out of love with Leicester City, football and watching sport in general over the last few month’s. Our incredible collapse in form at the end of last season didn’t help but nothing is that great without the fans. This fiasco hasn’t actually done anything to rekindle my appetite. 

I’m not going to be paying the prices they’re asking or going to the effort required to sit in a stadium a third full for an experience something like playing Rotherham, no offence, at home pre-season. 

I’ll be watching Coalville with their 300 capacity (usually get around 150) for a kind of normal football fix. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’m glad the £70 definitely goes towards something, but what is it actually for? Why such an arbitrary number?

No intention of paying £40 to watch us in a severely diluted version of football. I’m sure there will be plenty who go though. 

This is slightly better but I don’t understand why it’s not pro rata. 

There will be less tickets up for grabs.

You've nailed it here. The will be plenty that will go. Hence there is a fee. Supply and demand.

It's not a charity. 

So many entitled voices in this thread.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

There will be less tickets up for grabs.

You've nailed it here. The will be plenty that will go. Hence there is a fee. Supply and demand.

It's not a charity. 

So many entitled voices in this thread.

Supply and demand exists, yes, but football generally speaking shouldn't take complete and total advantage of that given gate receipts make up so little of their revenue but fan loyalty is the entire reason as to their success as a business.

When supporters are used to paying £20-25 pro rata for each game, making them stump up upwards of £40 for a worse product is an outrageous display of disloyalty to those 20k+ that stuck with them when they were shit, myself included.

The fact there will probably be far less than 23k in each ballot means that if I were to apply for every one, I'd probably get a ticket every other game at 30% capacity. That's going to cost £400 for 10 shit games in comparison to usual, never mind the £70 fee. 

How anyone can say that sticking to pro rata prices makes the club a charity is beyond me, they don't even make £20m a year from tickets.

Edited by jeffschlupp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Supply and demand exists, yes, but football generally speaking shouldn't take complete and total advantage of that given gate receipts make up so little of their revenue but fan loyalty is the entire reason as to their success as a business.

When supporters are used to paying £20-25 pro rata for each game, making them stump up upwards of £40 for a worse product is an outrageous display of disloyalty to those 20k+ that stuck with them when they were shit, myself included.

The fact there will probably be far less than 23k in each ballot means that if I were to apply for every one, I'd probably get a ticket every other game at 30% capacity. That's going to cost £400 for 10 shit games in comparison to usual, never mind the £70 fee. 

How anyone can say that sticking to pro rata prices makes the club a charity is beyond me, they don't even make £20m a year from tickets.

£20m is not negligible, and with less supply of seats you will rightly have to pay a premium to secure your spot. Some won't want to and that's fine, because there will still be enough to fill the seats available. As I said before, take it or leave it. If you want to leave it, fine, but no need for the strop.

Meanwhile the shortfall in gate revenue is minimised.

Ours isn't a badly run club. Prices have been frozen for many years where other clubs have increased prices.

It's not greed, it's just sensible.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

The £70 being retained next season only means something if season tickets would also be frozen again. 

If they need this £70 as much as they appear to, then it’s a bit of a worry. 

All of the other concerns remain unaddressed too. 

2 hours ago, Allotmentox said:

so lets get this right  you want me to pay £70  in advance for something that may not be possible or safe to sell, and not refundable in the event that its not legal to sell !   smells a bit fishy 

We have continued dialogue with the club and along with direct individual fan feedback to the club, this has now been changed (see first 3 paragraphs of enclosed) and the payment split 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1758561/updated--202021-season-season-tickets-memberships-and-planning-for-the-return-of-supporters/press-release

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

£20m is not negligible, and with less supply of seats you will rightly have to pay a premium to secure your spot. Some won't want to and that's fine, because there will still be enough to fill the seats available. As I said before, take it or leave it. If you want to leave it, fine, but no need for the strop.

Meanwhile the shortfall in gate revenue is minimised.

Ours isn't a badly run club. Prices have been frozen for many years where other clubs have increased prices.

It's not greed, it's just sensible.

From a business perspective you're absolutely right it makes sense.

It just doesn't seem right that the one time they do hike prices is when people are tighter than ever for money, football could and should be something accessible for all, particularly those loyal fans. To have to pay more for less product is just plain ridiculous as a consumer of any subscription service.

I am hugely proud of our owners and the way we are run but this is the biggest disappointment of a decision they've made in some time for me. It's just sending the wrong message.

1 minute ago, jeffschlupp said:

From a business perspective you're absolutely right it makes sense.

It just doesn't seem right that the one time they do hike prices is when people are tighter than ever for money, football could and should be something accessible for all, particularly those loyal fans. To have to pay more for less product is just plain ridiculous as a consumer of any subscription service.

I am hugely proud of our owners and the way we are run but this is the biggest disappointment of a decision they've made in some time for me. It's just sending the wrong message.

Maybe it's a case of needs must. 

You'd hope they'd have enough good faith in bank to be forgiven a move which establishes a route forward in difficult business waters. If only football fans weren't so fickle, eh?

Anyway, you talk of people being tighter for money but I'd argue that's not the key factor at play. The overall outlay will be less than in a normal season, it's just that the value is diminished.

9 minutes ago, Foxes_Trust said:

We have continued dialogue with the club and along with direct individual fan feedback to the club, this has now been changed (see first 3 paragraphs of enclosed) and the payment split 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1758561/updated--202021-season-season-tickets-memberships-and-planning-for-the-return-of-supporters/press-release

What about the match day prices and the ridiculous booking fee? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Maybe it's a case of needs must. 

You'd hope they'd have enough good faith in bank to be forgiven a move which establishes a route forward in difficult business waters. If only football fans weren't so fickle, eh?

Anyway, you talk of people being tighter for money but I'd argue that's not the key factor at play. The overall outlay will be less than in a normal season, it's just that the value is diminished.

How will the overall outlay be lower?

If 9k STHs can attend at 30% capacity, which is the plan from October (where there are 17 home games left). Say 18k apply for ballots, which is a perfectly realistic guess. So you get in to 9 home games.

At an average of £40 a go that's £360 for 9 games. Add £70 fee. £430, which is more than a renewal in either the family stand or Kop.

For less than half the games, for a much worse product.

• Like 2