Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The reasoning was that they didn't want one person for example paying £18 for the seat and the person next to them paying £23 for a very similar seat. 

So the only sensible answer is to have both of you pay £35, you know, to keep things fair. lol

They still could have discounted each category price for season ticket holders, roughly in line with discount that a season ticket offers.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

It’s a difficult situation, but a great deal of people are moaning, including lines like “pulling a stunt”

To me it just shows poor human behaviour. Ready to moan, instead of understanding the difficulties there are involved.

I am certain they would have much preferred an easier or normal option, but unfortunately it isn’t there and as soon as it gets a little messy, boom, the towel is thrown in.

It would have been good if there was more constructive discussion, or supportive comments realising it’s not an easy time.

We aren’t talking about a club struggling to make ends meat here. Asking the fans once again to put their hands in their pocket when there quite simply is no need, is pathetic. 

In the chain of Kingpower (Billionaires) > LCFC (Valued in 100’s of millions, selling and buying players for double digit millions), Players (Millionaires) > Manager (Millionaire) > Fans (Mostly not millionaires).... We really shouldn’t be needed to be tapped up for £70 to pay for basically nothing.

They want to put prices up a bit when football is back, fine. But I ain’t paying £70 for an empty seat they can’t sell anyway.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

can anyone explain the logic in paying £70?

I woory that these idea are being thought up by our commercial people.

If I can be in a "family" and buy tickets for all of us if any one of us is picked that doesn't seem fair ont he singletons.

You can be balloted as a group, so a group of 3 for instance

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Am I the only one more annoyed by the full match day tickets prices than the £70?

Yeah the £70 is an outrage and nonsensical, but at least there is a chance we get that back.

Whereas if most of the season is at a reduced capacity it’s going to potentially cost us more than our season ticket cost to see half of the matches. It would have been easy to only let us sit in our price categories and then charge 1/19th our ST price each match.

No you’re definitely not the only one and this is yet another stick to shaft us with.

Guest Markyblue
44 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

It’s a difficult situation, but a great deal of people are moaning, including lines like “pulling a stunt”

To me it just shows poor human behaviour. Ready to moan, instead of understanding the difficulties there are involved.

I am certain they would have much preferred an easier or normal option, but unfortunately it isn’t there and as soon as it gets a little messy, boom, the towel is thrown in.

It would have been good if there was more constructive discussion, or supportive comments realising it’s not an easy time.

What supportive comments exactly,  nobody has backed these owners more than me , but this season ticket situation is an absolute disgrace and if you cant or wont see that well we might as well bend over and give up.

1 hour ago, promised land said:

I’d have liked to see them try and pull this stunt with the £70 admin fee when we were back in the championship.

If it went towards the season ticket cost next season rather than being non refundable then I’d accept it but to say it will be non refundable if we don’t have a full capacity game this season is wrong on so many fronts.

They’re simply forcing you to pay it knowing full well they have demand for ST from others. Everyone should stand up and refuse but that will never happen, they’ll be some on here who say they don’t want to pay it but will due to the scare of losing their ST.

I won’t attend a game with barely anyone there and being told where to walk and when to stand etc so I am reluctant to stump up and most probably won’t, do I lose my ST?

Then so be it, the club can do one unless it changes it stance which we have more hope they’ll find a vaccine for Bat flu before that happens.

Birch constantly tells us it’s our club, our city.

Yeah ok.

I agree with everything you say, this leaves a bitter taste in my mouth too.

If any other business or place of entertainment, whether that be a cinema, bowling ally or restaurant, if they were to ask you to stump up the not unsubstantial sum of £70, just for the mere privilege of being able to return to their premises at some stage in the future and give them some more money, for absolutely nothing else in terms of entertainment or product in return, you'd think they were either on drugs or incredibly cheeky and presumably dismiss them out of hand as a future place of patronage. Yet this is precisely what's happening.

The 'Birch's' words are indeed starting to sound very hollow now. Perhaps the mist from in front of some of our eyes is now slowly starting to dissipate. Following the more recent Leicester City journey and fairy-tale under this ownership, I think we had really started to believe that we were perhaps just that little bit different to other football clubs. As individual supporters I think we felt part of it and valued. Yet the club is now essentially blackmailing those same supporters to either 'pay up or do one', supposedly safe in the knowledge that you can be replaced quite easily, regardless and contemptuous of perhaps the decades of investment, both financially and emotionally, of those very same supporters and other family members. Those donuts, warm bottles of beer and kind words are now starting to look like nothing more than cheap commercial devices to get us to buy into the so called 'dream'.

Yes, this is an unprecedented set of circumstances for all football clubs and particularly worrying for those of the lower tiers that could well go into administration. Whilst it may be a pointless exercise them asking their supporters for £70 you could at least see some reasoning and justification behind it as they would perhaps be desperate for their very existence. Do we really think that Leicester City, as a multimillion pounds business really needs the equivalent of £70 'gift aid' like a starving child in Africa? I don't think so do you? This has been a conscious greedy commercial decision to extract yet even more money from a loyal, yet now increasingly gullible cash cow, regardless of any personal health or safety issues. Ok, perhaps charge a nominal fee in order that the club knows who wants to retain their season tickets, but after all, isn't there a great opportunity to sell inflated price tickets to people previously unable to get one, who, through their personal circumstances, may feel more safe in their own mind to attend games. But no, the club seemingly wants to have two greedy bites at the same cherry.

The crux of the matter of course, like yourself, is whether we choose to relinquish our season tickets or not. My initial reaction was just to grumble a lot and stump up, after all, I did it when we got demoted to the first division, regardless of the prospect of perhaps a lesser quality of football because that's what you do isn't it if you follow your team, you do it through thick and thin don't you? Yet somehow, for me personally, this feels like something quite different. This has been a cynical commercial decision commensurate with the overbearing greed of football itself now. I just feel that under these circumstances, should I renew, the bubble will have been burst and I shall just feel resentful every time  'the Birch' or our owners try and placate us with some verbal sharp shit about how valued we are. You can buy an awful lot of donuts and cheap larger for £70.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's quite clear what they need to do here, people expect something for that £70. So it should be kept on account to use how we want, whether it's future season tickets, future cup games, a new shirt etc.

If they are so desperate for our £70, they get it now and can then sort out there cash flow issues further down the line when we expect it back. 

Can I also say, that if they were so skint they probably shouldn't have sent out two lots of gear to season ticket holders that probably cost them a minimum of £3 postage. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's nothing worse than blind loyalty. They could ask you to pay £500 and you'd sit there and pay it because they've given us a free beer and scarf?

There's been various other suggestions made throughout the thread, all of which will sit better with most season ticket holders.

You didn't even realise the £70 was non-refundable if capacity is limited throughout next season?

No I didn’t realise the £70 wasn’t refundable. I also don’t have a problem with people offering other suggestions. 
Like I said originally it’s the way some on here react, comments like taking the piss, and much worse. Not understanding the situation is difficult.

They have come up with a plan, maybe not the best if other ideas are feasible?? But some of the comments about the club when they have been decent over the years just shows how people can turn at the first sign.

I don’t have blind loyalty myself, I used to sponsor stuff, I don’t now due to the changes they made. I didn’t agree with them. However, it’s difficult times and some bitter comments made rather than constructive is what bothers me.

Constructive improvements welcome, but bitterness I find a bit disappointing 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

No I didn’t realise the £70 wasn’t refundable. I also don’t have a problem with people offering other suggestions. 
Like I said originally it’s the way some on here react, comments like taking the piss, and much worse. Not understanding the situation is difficult.

They have come up with a plan, maybe not the best if other ideas are feasible?? But some of the comments about the club when they have been decent over the years just shows how people can turn at the first sign.

I don’t have blind loyalty myself, I used to sponsor stuff, I don’t now due to the changes they made. I didn’t agree with them. However, it’s difficult times and some bitter comments made rather than constructive is what bothers me.

Constructive improvements welcome, but bitterness I find a bit disappointing 

There is no sub-section of society more bitter than football fans.

24 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

How to annoy  loyal customers....

let's face it the £70 is probably to cover their operating costs this year. However, I propose:

• Each season ticket holder should pay say £50 to continue as a season ticket holder - but this credit may be used against any ticket purchases this season, an ST this year or next. (This way those shielding can pay the "£50 and it will be credited to them when they are able to return).
  • I agree that Season ticket holders should be balloted to buy tickets for each game  - they can opt in or our or set up"families" as described.
  • Those lucky enough to be drawn should be able to buy tickets at the normal season ticket rate - or something close to it depending on the area of the ground their ticket it in - eg. £30 a match in B3 where I is
  • I would love to see our team - so I wont moan about paying a full ST price for a worse match day experience,

I fear the club have blundered here... they say "we want to keep you informed" as if it is a consultation and then ask us to phone in with £70 on Monday.... so it is not up for debate is it?

Season ticket holders are repeat customers who provide a reliable funding stream to the club.  This shambolic approach is unworthy of our club.

Yes there is disquiet on here - as the Dutch say - "Trust arrives on foot but leaves on horseback."

please like this so that it can be put to the club,

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Katy said:

I think we can all agree that we’re incredibly grateful for everything Vichai & now Top have done for us. That’s not in dispute. It certainly doesn’t give them (or whoever came up with this) the right though to take the piss as they have done. Loyalties are being stretched here. I don’t think anyone has suffered more, financially, than everyday people like us. Millionaires may not have made much during this but they’re still millionaires. A lot of people don’t have a pot to piss in anymore. 

I actually reckon people have the pots but not the piss because they've ran out of money for food and drink to create the piss :ph34r:

• Sad 1

Guest Markyblue
14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Rema.......yes your right. 😉

Just now, StanSP said:

I actually reckon people have the pots but not the piss because they've ran out of money for food and drink to create the piss :ph34r:

Harry hasn't 68000 on binge.😉

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

How to annoy  loyal customers....

let's face it the £70 is probably to cover their operating costs this year. However, I propose:

• Each season ticket holder should pay say £50 to continue as a season ticket holder - but this credit may be used against any ticket purchases this season, an ST this year or next. (This way those shielding can pay the "£50 and it will be credited to them when they are able to return).
  • I agree that Season ticket holders should be balloted to buy tickets for each game  - they can opt in or our or set up"families" as described.
  • Those lucky enough to be drawn should be able to buy tickets at the normal season ticket rate - or something close to it depending on the area of the ground their ticket it in - eg. £30 a match in B3 where I is
  • I would love to see our team - so I wont moan about paying a full ST price for a worse match day experience,

I fear the club have blundered here... they say "we want to keep you informed" as if it is a consultation and then ask us to phone in with £70 on Monday.... so it is not up for debate is it?

Season ticket holders are repeat customers who provide a reliable funding stream to the club.  This shambolic approach is unworthy of our club.

Yes there is disquiet on here - as the Dutch say - "Trust arrives on foot but leaves on horseback."

That's fine - I simply said that football fans are very bitter as a subset of society, and what you've said doesn't alter that.

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The replies to UFS' post on this on Facebook are hideous. Just apologists all over the place, people saying the £70 is "refundable", people claiming the scheme is the same for all PL clubs. 

Makes me wonder how much the club could actually get away with before some people would actually start to question it.

The best way is a collective a large group refusing to go in protest.

It probably pisses the club off more if 10000+ people renew (to keep their place) but dont bother with the ballot shit. 

Cancelling does work as the club know there are thousands on the waiting list who will happily snap up tickets once things return to normal whenever that is.

I'd probably pay the 70 quid if it was deducted from later this season or next seasons tickets. I dont think there will be full capacity games this year, there will only be more 'infections' in the winter, it depends whether to potency of the virus increases and cause more deaths if people are subjected to more viral load in the winter. 

The per game should be 1/19th of the normal season ticket price, and lose the booking fee.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Agree - it is part of the ownership that fans feel.. along side their disempowerment. How can we change this?

Very difficult, because the club we support is a far cry from the slightly ramshackle affair it once was. I think a lot of anger is a realisation that the 'People's Game' is only that inasmuch as it relies upon us for atmosphere and to provide distraction. And the latter, in my humble opinion, is why we've been allowed football back whilst the areas I work in are being quietly destroyed.

Why not just get everyone to pay the season ticket like every other year and the games you don’t attend it goes towards your next season ticket if you don’t renew you get a refund. Talk about making a mess of it. 

Edited by dannythefox