Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

18 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Will someone break this down and explain it to me like a five year old. Reading this thread has confused me now. 

Basically you pay the £70 to guarantee your “season ticket” for next season

you can then enter ballots for a chance to win a ticket for a game charged at full match day prices plus booking fee 

if this season gets to 100% capacity the £70 will be knocked of what will be owed on the 100% capacity season ticket 

if 100% capacity is not reached this season the £70 will be knocked off next seasons season ticket 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Christoph said:

Will someone break this down and explain it to me like a five year old. Reading this thread has confused me now. 

The club are assuming that as of October, they'll be allowed to sell 30% capacity tickets.

Initially STHs were allowed to enter a ballot for each game if they paid £70 for the privilege. That £70 didn't cover any cost towards match tickets and if they were successful in the ballot, they'd be be paying full price for the ticket. 

If you didn't pay the £70, you would lose your season ticket. The £70 would have only counted towards something if grounds were allowed to open fully and it would be then it would be credited towards a pro-rata season ticket, only if full capacity was allowed before the end of the season. If grounds didn't open fully before May (which many believe they wouldn't have), you were basically paying £70 just so you don't lose your season ticket for 2021/22. 

As of last night's changes, you can now split the £70 into two payments but the club have confirmed if that they are not allowed to open the full stadium, then the £70 will work as a down payment for 2021/22. 

STHs have been annoyed at the scheme but have been told they should stop moaning because of all the free hats and scarves that they may have received.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Basically you pay the £70 to guarantee your “season ticket” for next season

you can then enter ballots for a chance to win a ticket for a game charged at full match day prices plus booking fee 

if this season gets to 100% capacity the £70 will be knocked of what will be owed on the 100% capacity season ticket 

if 100% capacity is not reached this season the £70 will be knocked off next seasons season ticket 

What happens to your £70 if 100% capacity is reached and you still don't go?

My nephew is U18 normal cost per game £7.90
Cat B will now be £27.50
Cat A £29.50

My lad £6.30
Cat B £19.50
Cat A £20.50

Me £21.85
Cat B £37.50
Cat A £41.50

That's total increases of 134% for Cat B and 153% for Cat A.

My lads matchday ticket for Cat A increases by 225%.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This. 

If no games are played at full capacity this season, it goes towards next season's cost. 

But that's not what I'm asking what if there are some 100% capacity games and you don't go does your £70 roll over to next season

10 minutes ago, davieG said:

But that's not what I'm asking what if there are some 100% capacity games and you don't go does your £70 roll over to next season

No. If full capacity is allowed again this season then you will have to pay the price of your pro-rata season ticket, otherwise you will lose it. Regardless of whether or not you attend (basically the same as any other season).

I'm not 100%, but I believe that in paying the £70 you are then committed to buying the season ticket whenever it is available.

Worth double checking with the club, but it seems like for those who are shielding (or just uncomfortable going) they'll either have to pay whatever price it ends up being, or sacrifice their ST for next year. Bit of a crap situation, tbh.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, davieG said:

What happens to your £70 if 100% capacity is reached and you still don't go?

The £70 will be taken from this season and you will still be responsible for any pro rata fees owed on current season ticket even if you don’t attend any games

edit. I was replying to my notifications and only Just seen @Xen had already answered it

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BirminghamFox said:

Fantastic news!!

83,377 Seats available.... they've gone MASSIVE in the lockdown

Capture.JPG

Just looked and since this screenshot just less then 1500 season tickets have been renewed, be interesting to see what it says at the end of today 

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

My nephew is U18 normal cost per game £7.90
Cat B will now be £27.50
Cat A £29.50

My lad £6.30
Cat B £19.50
Cat A £20.50

Me £21.85
Cat B £37.50
Cat A £41.50

That's total increases of 134% for Cat B and 153% for Cat A.

My lads matchday ticket for Cat A increases by 225%.

That is horrific.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That is horrific.

I sent a further email to the club, thanking them for removing the ridiculous condition that the £70 was non-refundable, and highlighting my two biggest issues.

1. Timing of the announcement - clearly done on a Friday night before the Monday retention period began to avoid criticism and to be unable to make too many changes in a short space of time.

2. My match day ticket price increase is at best 52% and at worst 117%. Simply inexcusable. They are asking for STH to show their loyalty for nothing in return.

Please please keep emailing the club if you are frustrated with the match day ticket prices. There is still time to lobby the club for change on this.

At the very least they should be clear and honest with the fan base as to why they are charging these. The pricing architecture argument is the only one they have put out and it can be solved by applying pro rata rates for STH for each area a ticket is purchased in.

12 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I sent a further email to the club, thanking them for removing the ridiculous condition that the £70 was non-refundable, and highlighting my two biggest issues.

1. Timing of the announcement - clearly done on a Friday night before the Monday retention period began to avoid criticism and to be unable to make too many changes in a short space of time.

2. My match day ticket price increase is at best 52% and at worst 117%. Simply inexcusable. They are asking for STH to show their loyalty for nothing in return.

Please please keep emailing the club if you are frustrated with the match day ticket prices. There is still time to lobby the club for change on this.

At the very least they should be clear and honest with the fan base as to why they are charging these. The pricing architecture argument is the only one they have put out and it can be solved by applying pro rata rates for STH for each area a ticket is purchased in.

UFS had a very quick call from the club this morning to try and explain the changes, the £70 was plucked from thin air seemingly (it was going to be £95 at one point) and it seemed from the summary I saw that the club feel asking for money up front was justifiable as they wanted "commitment" from the fanbase.

I think the backlash has shown they will listen to an extent and the fact the £70 will now carry over is much better, but it's still been handled so so badly and they don't really understand why people have a problem with it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

UFS had a very quick call from the club this morning to try and explain the changes, the £70 was plucked from thin air seemingly (it was going to be £95 at one point) and it seemed from the summary I saw that the club feel asking for money up front was justifiable as they wanted "commitment" from the fanbase.

I think the backlash has shown they will listen to an extent and the fact the £70 will now carry over is much better, but it's still been handled so so badly and they don't really understand why people have a problem with it.

I get the feeling they're so used to dealing issues of Millions of ££££ that they can no longer relate to what £70 means to many fans especially in these turbulent times.

It's not even the price of a full kit for a kid which I think is

£40 - Shirt, £25 -Shorts, £12 - Socks = £77

Is it any wonder they think nothing of charging £70 for a raffle ticket that you might not even want to enter.

56 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I’ve also emailed to ask for an explanation of why I can’t pay 1/19th of my season ticket cost per match ticket. Looking at the pricing structure, currently my son’s under 18 ticket will cost me £28 instead of £7.80! 

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

85470 is the capacity in which it was set, so 4004 have already retained today.

4524 now.

Do we have 23k season ticket holders? If so that means 19% of them have already renewed today.

Sadly I think the 30% capacity tickets will fly out, people won't care about the cost of match day tickets.

8 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Has anyone actually heard back from the club? 

Not yet. Given the volume of emails they no doubt would have received I'm happy to give Jim and his team a few days at least. Let's not be unreasonable here! 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not yet. Given the volume of emails they no doubt would have received I'm happy to give Jim and his team a few days at least. Let's not be unreasonable here! 

Yeah I’m happy to as well I’m prepared to wait I’m not trying to be unreasonable

just wanted to ask the question as it’s gone quiet on the twitter account And I haven’t seen anyone say they have heard from the club either on here or elsewhere 

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

4524 now.

Do we have 23k season ticket holders? If so that means 19% of them have already renewed today.

Sadly I think the 30% capacity tickets will fly out, people won't care about the cost of match day tickets.

I wonder how many of the 19% clicked yes to this without actually reading it 

D1032440-6BAF-470A-A5A0-8F9AFFAAA368.thumb.jpeg.26a4bb23fd756f750079c6798d2b101a.jpeg