Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

2 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Go on then, what would your proposals have been to solve this issue? 
Once you have thought it all through, maybe contact the club and they might appreciate another view on how to do things better.

Seeing as you're ok with stumping up the 70 notes, would you still have been fine if it was £250?

Im not sure you realise, but this is non refundable in the case of no full capacity crowd this season for a game which is very highly likely.

What the club should've done is say pay £70 or even half the ST amount upfront that will come off your next ST, still pay match day prices in an empty stadium but once at full capacity you pay the balance for however many games are left, I still don't think they'll be one so the upfront cost comes off next seasons ST instead.

The way they've done this has pushed the ball firmly in their court to take all the £70 this season knowing we won't see a 32k crowd at any point. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The replies to UFS' post on this on Facebook are hideous. Just apologists all over the place, people saying the £70 is "refundable", people claiming the scheme is the same for all PL clubs. 

Makes me wonder how much the club could actually get away with before some people would actually start to question it.

Lots, I imagine. It's pure speculation on my part, of course, but there will always be some people who can afford it and have the disposable income not to question anything.

There's also the strange behaviour of those who feel the need to show their loyalty to the club, almost as if they'll reward you for such toeing the party line. A club, let's not forget, who would be happy to spit you out at the drop of a hat, a club happy to remove all loyalty privileges in an instant, no matter how long you've been going*.

*I feel like I need to clarify this, but the above statement is regardless of ownership and not an attack on the owners, which people are still weirdly skewing this into.

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The replies to UFS' post on this on Facebook are hideous. Just apologists all over the place, people saying the £70 is "refundable", people claiming the scheme is the same for all PL clubs. 

Makes me wonder how much the club could actually get away with before some people would actually start to question it.

I said it before in an earlier post, they could probably charge £500 and some people would still pay it. I reckon they could double the £70 to £140 and they'd still have thousands willing to pay it no questions asked.

I've seen some figures that say based on pur wage bill this money will last about 4 days.

That probably puts it into comparison.

Not on Arsenal levels in terms of laying off staff but signing players. But still I'm sure a few of the players could have taken a wage cut or deferral and still not been on the street anytime soon.

Really still don't understand who suggested this. How they picked that figure and who agreed it was OK to sign off.

Along with 2 months 2 get a refund then demand it back inside 3 weeks with only 2 weeks to pay it.

How does it really help the club. It must have cost them a few quid in man hours to do refunds initially would have been better not bothering.

2 minutes ago, promised land said:

Seeing as you're ok with stumping up the 70 notes, would you still have been fine if it was £250?

Im not sure you realise, but this is non refundable in the case of no full capacity crowd this season for a game which is very highly likely.

What the club should've done is say pay £70 or even half the ST amount upfront that will come off your next ST, still pay match day prices in an empty stadium but once at full capacity you pay the balance for however many games are left, I still don't think they'll be one so the upfront cost comes off next seasons ST instead.

The way they've done this has pushed the ball firmly in their court to take all the £70 this season knowing we won't see a 32k crowd at any point. 

Exactly this. 

I wouldnt mind paying the match day fees if there was no £70 fee and ST Holders and members carried over to next Season when we will be at full capacity - more than likely anyway.

Funnily enough im in a similar situation for Euro2020 in 21. I've paid for all my England tickets(all the way to the final should we get there👀) yet its all carried over to next year yet the money is gaining interest in UEFA/FIFA Bank 😂

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

We aren’t talking about a club struggling to make ends meat here. Asking the fans once again to put their hands in their pocket when there quite simply is no need, is pathetic. 

In the chain of Kingpower (Billionaires) > LCFC (Valued in 100’s of millions, selling and buying players for double digit millions), Players (Millionaires) > Manager (Millionaire) > Fans (Mostly not millionaires).... We really shouldn’t be needed to be tapped up for £70 to pay for basically nothing.

They want to put prices up a bit when football is back, fine. But I ain’t paying £70 for an empty seat they can’t sell anyway.

Someone brilliantly summed up this sort of thing on Football365 once- It's the like the reverse Robin Hood where the poor are robbed to pay the rich.

I agree with other comments that the £70 should be used to go towards tickets, almost like a voucher that can be used and then you pay the rest. 

• Like 1

I see the issue they have. If they offer ballot places to every ST holder automatically, then the however many that aren't renewing will get access to that which isn't fair. They want some commitment that you are renewing your season ticket. 

Where they have got it is wrong is that the £70 should be refundable if no games are played at full capacity, it should be discounted off the full season ticket price if they are played at full capacity and finally the match tickets should be discounted to a season ticket rate.

I wouldn't have an issue with that at all.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I can't see the club seeing this through, given the backlash. 

Is it tomorrow when you can bend over and take it for £70 starts?

If so then for the club to reverse it they need to adjust something today or the ones who will pay whatever will be online at first thing to hand it over, then they’ve got the refund process to deal with.

I agree with some that £70 isn’t a lot of money and it isn’t but I still won’t pay it just to hold my ST when it won’t go towards the next one. 

I would sooner take the stance and walk away from it, I’ll go to Quorn FC instead, at least they play on Saturday afternoons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah slightly fed up with the “it’s only £70 brigade” for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) it’s £190 just to renew their season tickets in the family stand without attending any games 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Definitely not gonna pay the £70 until they've spent a few days thinking what a truly pathetic idea it is and hopefully thinking of a better one.

100% this, I will wait till the very last minute to make my final decision if they persist with this 

Amazed by the blind loyalty of some who think they are actually helping the club in difficult times and don’t realise they are totally insignificant.

if every ST Holder renews it pays less than 4days wages, the club will spend your £70 on wages alone quicker than it takes you to process the transaction.

The club doesn’t need to change £70 it’s a made up figure with very little justification. They could have charge £10 it would still be massively insignificant to the club, they could do it FOC and it wouldn’t affect the club. 

• Like 2

Just thought I would put my thoughts out there.

The £70 fee is unnecessary, it guarantees you the ability to enter the ballot but many won't be of benefit for those who can't/won't go to any games for obvious reasons. Season ticket holders should have been given the ability to indicate whether they wish to enter the ballot, without having to pay a fee. There should also be no implications for those who aren't able to go to games next season, with the option for their ST to be renewed for the 21/22, like normal. The ST renewal process for the 21/22 season should be dealt with at the time, there is no need to think that far ahead given the unprecedented and unpredictable times we are living in. 

The other thing I don't agree with is pricing of the tickets alongside the £70 fee. If I had to pay £70 but knew the match tickets were at a discounted rate (1/19th of your season ticket) it would reduce the blow somewhat. Alternatively, if I didn't have to pay the £70 but match tickets were full price again that would be easier to take, but no ideal. 

I am in a fortunate position where I am able to pay the £70 fee and will do if it means guaranteeing my entry into the ballots and my ST for the following season. However I do recognise that, some are not as fortunate financially because of COVID. 

I initially was going to pay the £70 fee tomorrow morning, as soon as I could, but given the increasing pressure and criticism of this by fans, the Club will be under pressure to review it's decision. Therefore, I will be giving it time to see what materialises within this before I commit to paying the fee. Although if I have to pay, I will, reluctantly!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4nDyth35y5t0nf0x said:

The £70 fee is unnecessary, it guarantees you the ability to enter the ballot but many won't be of benefit for those who can't/won't go to any games for obvious reasons. Season ticket holders should have been given the ability to indicate whether they wish to enter the ballot, without having to pay a fee. There should also be no implications for those who aren't able to go to games next season, with the option for their ST to be renewed for the 21/22, like normal. The ST renewal process for the 21/22 season should be dealt with at the time, there is no need to think that far ahead given the unprecedented and unpredictable times we are living in. 

The other thing I don't agree with is pricing of the tickets alongside the £70 fee. If I had to pay £70 but knew the match tickets were at a discounted rate (1/19th of your season ticket) it would reduce the blow somewhat. Alternatively, if I didn't have to pay the £70 but match tickets were full price again that would be easier to take, but no ideal. 

I am in a fortunate position where I am able to pay the £70 fee and will do if it means guaranteeing my entry into the ballots and my ST for the following season. However I do recognise that, some are not as fortunate financially because of COVID. 

I initially was going to pay the £70 fee tomorrow morning, as soon as I could, but given the increasing pressure and criticism of this by fans, the Club will be under pressure to review it's decision. Therefore, I will be giving it time to see what materialises within this before I commit to paying the fee. Although if I have to pay, I will, reluctantly!

All good points and pretty much my position too. Not from a blind loyalty perspective. At least, I don't see it that way anyway.

• Like 1

Having just read the section in the faq page again, there's actually nothing to suggest that it doesn't carry over to next season, and continue to act as a deposit. All its saying is that once you pay your £70 deposit, if it turns out there's no fully capacity this season, you won't get a refund. It doesn't say that it won't continue to act as a deposit for a season ticket whenever they are available again. 

It could actually be implying that if you pay your deposit this season, and full capacity doesn't return within the season, and then you subsequently decide you don't want to renew next season, then you won't get a refund. However, it's missing a sentence to indicate what happens to the £70 for those that do want to renew beyond this season (assuming no full capacity this season). 

"Your initial payment secures you the right to obtain entry to the ballot for match-by-match tickets while the stadium is at reduced capacity, and (subject to payment of any applicable balance) it also secures your Season Ticket for any games which are played in season 2020/21 with the stadium at full capacity. The initial payment is not refundable if no games are played at full-capacity in season 2020/21."

3 minutes ago, 4nDyth35y5t0nf0x said:

I think most can afford to pay it, that’s not the problem with it, it’s the principal behind it and the fact it vanishes to dust come May when it’s still operating at reduced capacity, which without a vaccine in full flow could be the case.

The start of your second paragraph is where the trouble lies, there are too many fans who will do just that tomorrow morning as if they’re going to miss out if at 9am they’re not logged in to pay it, I know one who will be doing it for certain, always buys away tickets one minute past the time it opens up, must sit there waiting and clock watching. 

Thd club will have enough of these fan types to think it was a success. If that happens what next? Businesses push as far as they can all the time to claw more from you.

Why else did they build the tunnel from the family stand to the store? To get your money in their tills, no other reason for it. Is it still there?

36 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

100% this, I will wait till the very last minute to make my final decision if they persist with this 

As a family of 4 we will have to pay £170 next week, or fear losing our season tickets. 

We have emailed  the club and put our concerns to them.

I'm sure if enough do the same they will have to take another look at this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, promised land said:

Is it tomorrow when you can bend over and take it for £70 starts?

If so then for the club to reverse it they need to adjust something today or the ones who will pay whatever will be online at first thing to hand it over, then they’ve got the refund process to deal with.

I agree with some that £70 isn’t a lot of money and it isn’t but I still won’t pay it just to hold my ST when it won’t go towards the next one. 

I would sooner take the stance and walk away from it, I’ll go to Quorn FC instead, at least they play on Saturday afternoons.

I think it is tomorrow. Release the details late on Friday night, nobody at work to respond to fans on the weekend, and people start paying on Monday. That leaves them with the excuse that it'll be too complicated to reverse now people have started paying. Am I being too cynical?

The best we can hope for is that we can convince them that the £70 will be 'credit' towards a future ticket/purchase.

People feeling sorry for billionaires also shows how the whole of society has changed in the last few decades. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, ousefox said:

I think it is tomorrow. Release the details late on Friday night, nobody at work to respond to fans on the weekend, and people start paying on Monday. That leaves them with the excuse that it'll be too complicated to reverse now people have started paying. Am I being too cynical?

Absolutely not, 100% deliberate.

• Like 2