Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

- The club are very happy with their 4000+ renewals already today, and are expecting a big uptake this season. They are also expecting most STH to apply for most matches, leaving a cycle of 3 games of which you will be successful in 1

Well I have paid the £70 for 2 out of 3 of our tickets, was not renewing the 3rd one anyway, and I won’t be entering ballot as got no interest in attending a match where I can’t stand and sing! 

• Haha 1

Just now, gonnabeblueforever said:

Well I have paid the £70 for 2 out of 3 of our tickets, was not renewing the 3rd one anyway, and I won’t be entering ballot as got no interest in attending a match where I can’t stand and sing! 

So many people saying that they don't want to go to the matches. At this rate season ticket holders will be able to go to 1 in 2 matches. 

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

1 in 14...?! Now as a member its my turn to be annoyed at this. Why are they considering selling new memberships at £35 if there will be that much competition for tickets?! That's how much I paid for membership last year, and as I have such high priority points, I was able to go to any match I wanted. 

I thought it said no new memberships being sold?

I'll be renewing ours but do not have a visit to Leicester planned and my move isn't progressing, so won't be entering the ballot in the near future.

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I thought it said no new memberships being sold?

I'll be renewing ours but do not have a visit to Leicester planned and my move isn't progressing, so won't be entering the ballot in the near future.

This is what the communication said:

"Members will have until 5pm on Tuesday 8 September to renew for 2020/21, after which time the Club will make an announcement on new Membership applications. Membership sales will be capped to ensure reasonable access to match tickets during the 2020/21 season while the stadium is at reduced capacity."

It could well be that they won't end up selling anymore, but I am disappointed that they are considering it. 

• Like 1

Just got their promotion email for the Season tickets 

seems that 100% capacity so that the pro rata rates kick in refers to all season ticket holders being able to attend 

Should sufficient capacity to accommodate all Season Ticket Holders NOT be achieved during the 2020/21 season, the Club will ensure initial payments are credited against Season Tickets for 2021/22.

7 minutes ago, Livid said:

Four of us at work all STH’s none of us are willing to pay £40-50 a match for what’s on offer. 

There will be a take up, but it might prove an expensive venture for the ultra loyal amongst us. 

Wonder how applications throughout the season will vary. Can't see a midweek game against Everton just before Christmas being popular given the cost of tickets.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rachhere said:

This is what the communication said:

"Members will have until 5pm on Tuesday 8 September to renew for 2020/21, after which time the Club will make an announcement on new Membership applications. Membership sales will be capped to ensure reasonable access to match tickets during the 2020/21 season while the stadium is at reduced capacity."

It could well be that they won't end up selling anymore, but I am disappointed that they are considering it. 

I'd misread the capped to mean no new applications. I'm disappointed that it would be considered, might pop that in a message to them. Assume they'll wait to see what the renewals are like.

2 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'd misread the capped to mean no new applications. I'm disappointed that it would be considered, might pop that in a message to them. Assume they'll wait to see what the renewals are like.

Yeah I imagine so. I popped them a message - I am on the highest priority level, so it would be annoying to have an equal chance of getting tickets  as someone who has only just signed up. 

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Just to get me up to speed...in their press release that said they had revised things...what changed? I cant spot it

You can now pay the £70 in 2 instalments and the £70 rolls over to next season should 100% capacity not achieved this season 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

85470 is the capacity in which it was set, so 4004 have already retained today.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

4524 now.

Do we have 23k season ticket holders? If so that means 19% of them have already renewed today.

Sadly I think the 30% capacity tickets will fly out, people won't care about the cost of match day tickets.

5630 renewed now, in less than 24 hours.

Based on 23k STs that's just under 25%.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

5630 renewed now, in less than 24 hours.

Based on 23k STs that's just under 25%.

Bending over and taking it...

I will have to renew but they can **** off if they think I'm paying 35 or 40 quid a ticket with a £1.50 booking fee - takes the piss.

I'll just have to wait until 2021/22 season.

• Like 1

It’s the match day ticket pricing that is the real scandal for me. I don’t mind the £70 so much personally as it’s a down-payment and will get that money off the cost of a season ticket either this season or next (although I get that those who don’t want to go shouldn’t lose their season ticket by not paying £70 - offer an amnesty on that).

But my season ticket in L1 is £445. That’s £23.42 per match across the 19 games and now they want me to pay either £41 (category b) or £45 (category a)?! That’s a disgrace.

If you total that out over the season then the cost of my season ticket in L1 would be £779 (based on every game being a category b at £41) rather than £445. I get that I won’t be sat in L1 every time I’m successful in the ballot and may pay more or less than the match day pricing based on where I’m sat but it’s a real horrid way of the club making more money from the fewer people able to get into the stadium.

• Thanks 1

If everyone of those 5630 has paid £70 than that’s covered today’s wage bill  (£394000 Per day in 18/19) but the club will have spent it all by about 2am.

I am sure all those £70’s have helped the club in this difficult time.

Edited by Jay

33 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Bending over and taking it...

I will have to renew but they can **** off if they think I'm paying 35 or 40 quid a ticket with a £1.50 booking fee - takes the piss.

I'll just have to wait until 2021/22 season.

Exactly how I feel, the only thing that hasn’t been answered for me now is what classes as full capacity, all 23k STH being able to attend or full stadium capacity 

2 hours ago, rachhere said:

So many people saying that they don't want to go to the matches. At this rate season ticket holders will be able to go to 1 in 2 matches. 

If they can afford it when the price they’ll be paying will be double what they’d usually pay.

Half Wonder if the obscene pricing is a deliberate ploy to make sure every season ticket holder doesn’t apply to every ballot. 

6 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Exactly how I feel, the only thing that hasn’t been answered for me now is what classes as full capacity, all 23k STH being able to attend or full stadium capacity 

"However, should sufficient capacity to accommodate all Season Ticket Holders NOT be achieved during the 2020/21 season, the Club will ensure initial payments are credited against Season Tickets for 2021/22."

24 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I would encourage everyone to email [email protected] to express your views on the match day pricing. Obviously keep things civil, but the more comments that are fed back the more chance this will be overturned.

Tweet about it as well. Tag in the LCFC account and use the LCFC hashtag - show fans of other clubs that are offering reasonable solutions what our club is trying to pull. They’ll not like that type of negative publicity as a club that brands itself as a family club.

4 minutes ago, Otis said:

"However, should sufficient capacity to accommodate all Season Ticket Holders NOT be achieved during the 2020/21 season, the Club will ensure initial payments are credited against Season Tickets for 2021/22."

Yeah I quoted that myself further up but they also state in the promotional email 

When King Power Stadium is operating at a reduced capacity, Season Ticket Holders who have renewed for 2020/21 will be invited to apply to purchase matchday tickets through a ballot, on a match-by-match basis. The ballot will only be accessible to Season Ticket Holders that have renewed for 2020/21 by paying their initial payment.

Surely just having 23k season ticket holders is operating at a reduced capacity