Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Rain King

Season Tickets

The review of the system isn’t a surprise, given the scale of objection towards it. However, they have made a rod for their own back, based on the timing of the press release and the opening of the payment window for the initial fee. 

As a result there was never going to be a massive overhaul of the process, purely based on the time between the press release and the start of the payment window. There should have been at least a week between the two.

The other thing that grates on me is they said they have listened to supporters. The fact they have kept the £70 and kept matchday tickets the same price means that they haven’t. They have seen the shear quantity of emails and they have sought to respond to this, rather than respond to the content of these emails. Again the timing of the process, as mentioned above makes this more difficult to look at these properly and consider more fundamental changes.

They have had plenty of time to sort this out and have made a very poor situation into a poor one.

The matchday ticket pricing is wrong. You are expected to pay more than you normally would for your ST for a lesser experience. There is also potential, as others have mentioned that there is potential that you end up paying more than your season ticket cost, which is wrong.

I just wonder, given the feeling towards this, how many people will end up attending the matches. Also taking into account fans not attending because of concerns for safety or the lack of the full football experience at the KP.

Edited by 4nDyth35y5t0nf0x
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, 4nDyth35y5t0nf0x said:

The review of the system isn’t a surprise, given the scale of objection towards it. However, they have made a rod for their own back, based on the timing of the press release and the opening of the payment window for the initial fee. 

As a result there was never going to be a massive overhaul of the process, purely based on the time between the press release and the start of the payment window. There should have been at least a week between the two.

The other thing that grates on me is they said they have listened to supporters. The fact they have kept the £70 and kept matchday tickets the same price means that they haven’t. They have seen the shear quantity of emails and they have sought to respond to this, rather than respond to the content of these emails. Again the timing of the process, as mentioned above makes this more difficult to look at these properly and consider more fundamental changes.

They have had plenty of time to sort this out and have made a very poor situation into a poor one.

The matchday ticket pricing is wrong. You are expected to pay more than you normally would for your ST for a lesser experience. There is also potential, as others have mentioned that there is potential that you end up paying more than your season ticket cost, with is wrong.

I just wonder how, given the feeling towards this, how many people will end up attending the matches. Also taking into account fans not attending because of concerns for safety or the lack of the full football experience at the KP.

100% correct.

They can also now auto respond to all emails and tweets over the weekend with ‘we’ve listened and made changes’ despite only changing the absolutely despicable term and condition they the fee was non-refundable.

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

To some extent. 

To be honest I've always been amazed that many fans can afford a season ticket at all. I'm sure people that can't afford it will still pay.

There are only two reasons I can afford it for my son and I and that is because we're in the cheap seats which, work out about half full price and secondly and just as importantly, I can spread the cost over the year in monthly instalments. 

Tbh, I personally wouldn't be going back until I felt safe due to age and underlying health conditions. Nevertheless, after forking out £140, I simply wouldn't be able to afford a further £80 for two tickets. 

Had the club not changed their stance I had decided to relinquish our tickets which would have left a very bitter taste, it still does to a lesser extent. I will now pay up however but can't see full capacity back until at least after Christmas. At worst now, I'm essentially putting money aside for next year's season tickets.

There has been much mention of things like 'loyalty' and 'wealth' however it may be good for the club, or at least those who made such  greedy ludicrous decisions to reflect upon the fact that some of their customers may have lost family members during this period and secondly, that due to the pandemic, some will have undoubtedly lost their jobs or been furloughed with less disposable income. The club tries to project an ethical stance and perhaps this just shows them up to be no different to any other cynical moneygrabbing foitball business. You can spend years building a brand and reputation and it can take minutes to destroy it. Yes, its a business not a charity but Leicester City as a business are a multimillion pounds business that in no way needed to take it's original stance, for the sake of the pittance they'd make, commercially they have potentially damaged their brand. Some won't see them quite in the same light as they previously did.

• Like 3

I’ve not been following all the club statements and comments on here due to being a bit busy, just a couple of clarifications needed for me.

1) The £140 payment (our 2 season tickets)  i will make today, will that be offset against the new season tickets?

2) Are we expected to pay over £40 per ticket if we are lucky enough to win in the ballot plus fees...

Apologies if this has been explained already.

If you go to 6 games in a season it’s going to cost you about £300, if you’re paying an average of 38 quid per ticket. If you calculate that per game, using this pricing, you’re talking around £950 quid for a 19 game season ticket. In simple terms, the price of a season ticket has more than doubled. 

• Like 1

Fair play to the club for listening (and that’s the only fair play they’re getting from me) but it’s still all a bit arse about face. Paying in instalments helps people a lot and they should’ve offered that in the first place (if they’re insistent on this £70 thing, which they apparently are) Covid hasn’t just affected them. Paying top whack for match tickets still leaves a bad taste for me. I’m sure they think people will be clamouring to come back to the ground, so they can charge what they want but I don’t think many people want to or be able to. Judging by the responses on here and twitter, the club have really pissed on their own chips with this. I can’t see any game being a reduced capacity sell out 🤷🏻‍♀️

9 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

I’ve not been following all the club statements and comments on here due to being a bit busy, just a couple of clarifications needed for me.

1) The £140 payment (our 2 season tickets)  i will make today, will that be offset against the new season tickets?

2) Are we expected to pay over £40 per ticket if we are lucky enough to win in the ballot plus fees...

Apologies if this has been explained already.

So with the update, the £70 is split into 2 payments, that allows you to enter the ballot. The price is subtracted off of the 20/21 or 21/22 STH, whenever we get back to full capacity basically. But yes, you pay full whack per ticket you get

• Thanks 1

Even with the review this still isn’t right. You should not be forced to pay a retainer for your season ticket given the current circumstances. For all those that don’t feel safe to attend games shouldn’t be forced into this decision. The club should honour season ticket holders and then make a decision when stadiums can be allowed to operate at a full capacity. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ricey said:

What annoys me the most is that they are forcing us to make a payment for the privilege of renewing our season tickets, but then not treating us as season ticket holders for the foreseeable.

Absolutely this! 

Guest Markyblue

I see the whole thing as a huge pr disaster,  i can take the new terms as ive no interest in going until its the full capacity match day experience,  but my advice would be ditch the Clappers and the freebies and the we are a family bullshit and just keep the uncaring corporate look that has been revealed these last few days , at least we know where we stand.

You’re Leicester City Football Club. This is the moment to tell 23,000 people who have been forced away from the stadium for 6 months they will shortly have the opportunity to return. This should be a huge exciting moment. And you get it this wrong.

They say they’ve listened. They’ve only bothered listening to one bit. The bit that should never have been there in the first place. I will be interested to know how many ballot applications they are expecting for the opening games and whether they will be disappointed.

I've emailed the club this morning. I honestly don't know what good it will do but I'd encourage everyone to do the same if they are as unhappy with this as I am. It's evident that so far there have been complaints but as a collective if we all voice our anger maybe, just maybe, they will review again. 

This is on their auto response -

COVID-19

Our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of the public, including all members of the Leicester City family, and our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

So long as you pay the £70 then we will be concerned about you.

Edited by Wrighty22

7 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

I've emailed the club this morning. I honestly don't know what good it will do but I'd encourage everyone to do the same if they are as unhappy with this as I am. It's evident that so far there have been complaints but as a collective if we all voice our anger maybe, just maybe, they will review again. 

This is on their auto response -

COVID-19

Our primary concern is the health and wellbeing of the public, including all members of the Leicester City family, and our thoughts are with everyone affected by COVID-19.

So long as you pay the £70 then we will be concerned about you.

Huh? 

The £70 has nothing to do with their autoresponse? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Working in good faith that games would return at full capacity at some point.... yeah that’s why you put no games at full capacity = non refundable £70.

At least they have listened, I do think they could have gone a step further, but it enough for me to renew now.

I just need to decide if I actually care enough about football to bother now, because I’ve about had enough.

I'm edging closer to not bothering every day I think. 

We didn't sell out last season so its not like I couldn't get a ticket if I wanted to see what I'd walked away from every now and again. 

I just feel like the enthusiasm has gone. 

Will pay the £70 but probably won't bother with any ballots. Imagine having to pay £44 (plus booking fee) to watch us vs West Brom with 7 ish thousand fans.... 

Mad that it seems they are pushing fans to watch football illegally 

• Thanks 1