Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Reasons for Hope

22 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Im a bit disillusioned as to where we are as a club to be honest. 

We ended the season in poor form and with a number of injuries. Since then, we've gone backwards and we'll be in danger of being an embarrassment next season unless we move soon on sorting our squad.

We couldn't finish top 4 despite our superb start when most of the traditional top 6 teams were in a disarray. To make matters worse, Southampton and Everton became much better in the latter half of last season and will give us serious competition along with Wolves.

We need to keep our expectations in check. Qualifying again for Europe will be an even harder challenge. A top 10 finish with a decent Europa run wouldn't be terrible in context.

EL won’t be taken seriously with our lack of depth in the squad..

Expect 6/7 changes I would say.. A real shame but it’s where we are at unfortunately with our lack of transfer activity..

I hope we make a strong start to the season in the PL... in fact we need to..

we finished the season on a real low.. We need a pick me up from somewhere.. Injuries and suspensions already for the WBA game..

Our transfer window has been an absolute farce when it should have been used to strengthen for our EL campaign. 

We didn't have the depth last season in our squad and we certainly don't have it now.

Really poor.

• Like 4

On 28/08/2020 at 21:48, MickeyMouse said:

We couldn't finish top 4 despite our superb start when most of the traditional top 6 teams were in a disarray. To make matters worse, Southampton and Everton became much better in the latter half of last season and will give us serious competition along with Wolves.

We need to keep our expectations in check. Qualifying again for Europe will be an even harder challenge. A top 10 finish with a decent Europa run wouldn't be terrible in context.

With the current squad I’d take top 15 to be honest, I think we’re nailed on to struggle with injuries next year, how many games are we likely to have? 50? Just a rough guess that is 🙂

35 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can we call it a farce and dogshit and a disgrace when it has finished, as opposed to now, when it doesn't shut until October? Is that asking too much?

Season starts in 2 weeks. Everyone else has managed to get their targets in already and training with the team. What use is October?

• Like 1

On 28/08/2020 at 21:08, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Im a bit disillusioned as to where we are as a club to be honest. 

We ended the season in poor form and with a number of injuries. Since then, we've gone backwards and we'll be in danger of being an embarrassment next season unless we move soon on sorting our squad. 

We are 2 weeks away from kicking off a big campaign looking for progression but we've not signed a single player and have sold our first choice left back and lost Bennett (yes he was pants but squad wise, another body). Our squad is worse and smaller now yet we've got additional games this season to contend with.

We must have best part of 10 central midfielders on the books but can barely put a defence out... crazy!

Absolutely no chance currently of finishing 5th or above again which is a shame. 

We've also just had a friendly which told Rodgers next to nothing, complete waste of time. 

I sincerely hope im massively wrong but 2 weeks away from the season and we're going backwards....

All of this is true. I honestly can't get my head around how anyone can be positive about this. We're sliding and it seems loads don't realise it.

The mindset is all wrong with us. If Leeds can get signings in I'm not having excuses as to why we can't - and we need at least 4.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Teams are signing players left right and centre. Particularly teams that have any ambition next season.

Sure. Currently doing so - and how do you know they've got exactly what they want, Chelsea apart?

I don't wish to be argumentative, and you're absolutely entitled to think this - it just ain't necessarily so.

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can we call it a farce and dogshit and a disgrace when it has finished, as opposed to now, when it doesn't shut until October? Is that asking too much?

We could be bottom of the league by the time the window shuts if we are picking from the existing fit & available players with no additions.

I suggest that we need to be looking at 9 points from our first 4 games (minimum 7) or it could be a long hard winter. I don't think we will get that without Ricky, Evans, Chilwell, Maddison & possibly Wilf & Perez

Just now, Angus Scott said:

We could be bottom of the league by the time the window shuts if we are picking from the existing fit & available players with no additions.

I suggest that we need to be looking at 9 points from our first 4 games (minimum 7) or it could be a long hard winter. I don't think we will get that without Ricky, Evans, Chilwell, Maddison & possibly Wilf & Perez

We could, yes. But we aren't now, are we? Why assume the worst the whole time - do you think it means you're more likely to be right? Why's it so important to stick the boot in now?

• Like 1

If we could call it a little bit dog shit that would be a nice compromise. 

Id have put my house on Chilwell going since January so the lack of replacement, at the minute, looks like woeful planning.

Edited by Costock_Fox

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Id have put my house on Chilwell going since January so the lack of replacement, at the minute, looks like woeful planning.

Again, plans may well have been made - just because the signing hasn't yet been made, doesn't (yet) mean anything.

Listen, you might be right, you might all be right. But I am just tired of the same old people polluting the forum with angry semi-literate outbursts.

The same people will be the same "just pay it" mob and the same people who will complain "why aren't we spending" in January.

If we have to start the season weaker than we'd like to get our value then so be it. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I don’t think we have a squad that will take zilch from the opening 4 games and therefore sit bottom of the league. Even with the players missing. But I understand your concern though. 

What I do find rather concerning that even with a good window, whatever that may be, that list of absentees will have an effect on our team. We are not going to sign players to replace those you have listed. The players to replace those listed and hit the ground running and thereafter be satisfied with a place on the sidelines, would cost an arm and a leg and would probably prefer to go to a bigger side. That’s the difficulty the club has. We can’t just sign anyone because of the situation we are in. 

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Id have put my house on Chilwell going since January so the lack of replacement, at the minute, looks like woeful planning

In light of the management's achievements over the last 10 years, affording them the benefit of the doubt would seem to me a nice compromise.

• Thanks 1