Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Reasons for Hope

I know you guys are all craving incoming transfers, but just dry your eyes and keep believin' (which song is better? Poll?)

Anyway, think back to previous barren transfer spells and last minute deals. I clearly remember the epic times we were resigned to no movement and then titans of the game like Mark Blake and Julian Watts joined late in the window.

And there are always loans! So let's rule nothing out! Who remembers for example when we took unknowns from other rubbish sides? Luigi Glombard? Jason Jarrett?

Plenty of reasons to smile.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I know you guys are all craving incoming transfers, but just dry your eyes and keep believin' (which song is better? Poll?)

Anyway, think back to previous barren transfer spells and last minute deals. I clearly remember the epic times we were resigned to no movement and then titans of the game like Mark Blake and Julian Watts joined late in the window.

And there are always loans! So let's rule nothing out! Who remembers for example when we took unknowns from other rubbish sides? Luigi Glombard? Jason Jarrett?

Luigi Glombard is a blast from the past

54 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

I remember getting excited for Peter Eccles from Shamrock Rovers, Pat Gavin from Hanwell Town and Steve Thompson - NO NOT THAT ONE - from Charlton Athletic, so yeah I guess things could be worse 

I thought I had a good recall for most things LCFC but Peter Eccles has done me . I need to research this one 

I remember getting excited about josh low before we got hammered 4-1 by shef U on the opening day.  I then got excited about Elvis Hammond coming in to fix everything. The only fix he got was coke by the sounds of it 

is is it weird that I look back fondly on these times? 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Some can’t think past the last window, when we were resigned to no movement and then Bennett joined on loan... :blush:

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I've been reading all the threads whilst Camera Obscura - Somewhere in my Heart plays on repeat.

It fits beautifully.

Top song, but it's the other Scottish band with "Camera" in their name that produced that bangin' hit.