Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

9 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’d have gone with Mark to start and Under off the bench. Not sure why we started with the worst of the three

Because Rogers signed him at considerable expense, and seems intent on standing by him, come what may. Mark offers so much more - In particular the defence is more compact when he plays  and in attack he seems more likely to get his cross away. Under can beat his man and carries a goal threat..But what does Perez offer beyond a neat little pass from time to time? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

BR statement of Under"s defensive qualities utter bull sh.t

How about Madders the floor mat.

Has anyone witness of a sliding tackles, shoulder to shoulder challenges or even a chasing an opposition players more than 5 metres lately.

Spare me the hoon talk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Having heart Brendan speaking behind a player on radio, i gave up discussing Cengiz's talents anymore. Cengiz cant speak english and he is a great down to earth man, a silent introvert and obviously seems trapped among mobbers. No coach should be allowed to single out a player especially when he was not even been given chance. Did he ever singled out perez or any other player in his radio interview?

Do you know what conversations are going on behind the scenes between the coaching staff and Cengiz? I'm sure Cengiz is aware of where he needs to improve/adapt his game to become a regular starter and is working on it. There are many examples of players who are new to the EPL and take the first season to acclimatize to the league or system of play.

Answering a question on why a certain decision was made is hardly singling out a player. 

Guest Underfan
1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Are you kidding ?I can’t think of another prem manager ( apart from the supply teacher at Brighton) who would have dealt courteously and patiently with intrusive questioning on team selection . Mourinho? Klopp? Even Parker would go ballistic . NP would have garrotted him with an electric flex

Brendan rightfully praised pedro Neto today who offered nothing defensively. He praised someone whom he wont play in his team. But Neto could have lead a victory against Leicester if Traore and Fabio silva had not missed 2 easy sitters. That 20 year old offensive guy made his big brothers make defense against.

1 hour ago, KFS said:

I hope we sign him permanent and this has been a period of him learning how we work

and tactics. Brendan did the same with Cags, the difference was he was our player already.

...I don't think there were many people calling for Caglar to come into the team!!!

The situation with Ünder is very frustrating as I was expecting Vardy and Ünder to come on as subs. We could opt to play him without him having to track back and Ricardo stays back in defence, like the setup we had for Mahrez and Simpson. With our Left Back going forward to support Barnes we  still have three at the back as we could just shift across to cover. Rodgers wants players who are technical and has work rate (not saying that Ünder does not put in a shift) but we are crying out for a player such as Ünder and if we could just readjust the way we play it could pay dividends.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I don't think there were many people calling for Caglar to come into the team!!!

The situation with Ünder is very frustrating as I was expecting Vardy and Ünder to come on as subs. We could opt to play him without him having to track back and Ricardo stays back in defence, like the setup we had for Mahrez and Simpson. With our Left Back going forward to support Barnes we  still have three at the back as we could just shift across to cover. Rodgers wants players who are technical and has work rate (not saying that Ünder does not put in a shift) but we are crying out for a player such as Ünder and if we could just readjust the way we play it could pay dividends.

Yes, let's stiffle one of the best attacking right back in the league and turn him into Danny Simpson to allow Under to be a inferior version of Mahrez and do no defensive work 🙄

People are so obsessed with this guy they want us to restrict one of best players to accommodate him. It's absolute madness.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Yes, let's stiffle one of the best attacking right back in the league and turn him into Danny Simpson to allow Under to be a inferior version of Mahrez and do no defensive work 🙄

People are so obsessed with this guy they want us to restrict one of best players to accommodate him. It's absolute madness.

No one fan boy is obsessed by him yet claims to be a leicester fan. Most sensible leicesrer fans get it.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

...not saying that Ünder does not put a shift in, when he gets a chance!!!

There is a balance that can be struct with Ricardo and Ünder and I believe he has a very good skillset to effect games for us. We needed something different today and no-one on the pitch had the quality to do the unexpected.

2 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

I think Brendon has other targets and Under will be despatched back to Roma. He has already made up his mind.

I’m in agreement , we’re into February now and he hasn’t had a sniff, when Perez gets the nod in front of you it can’t be doing much for his morale.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

My thinking is that Sharky has the understanding with Vardy so came on with him instead of Under. 
Sharkies 1st thought is where’s Vardy so I can ping a ball over the top to him, Under’s 1st thought is can I cut inside and beat 4 players to get my shot off.

Not having a go as they both have there merits but with the box so congested I think Albrighton was put on for a counter attack style ball when Wolves did venture out

If only Under had previous for coming off the bench and assisting vardy in a game :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Rogers just stated Under does not work hard enough defensively to warrant a start. 

Exactly what I thought. If he had that in his game Perez wouldn’t get a look in at least on the right hand side. It would be between Under and Albrighton. 

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Rogers just stated Under does not work hard enough defensively to warrant a start. 

Personally I prefer my forwards to be forwards first, rather than defenders  although I do appreciate that that is one reason why I am a football fan and not a football manager.

• Like 2

Guest Underfan
23 minutes ago, hesDoofus said:

Cengiz has to force his way in at this point. There's no other way, perez is arse defensively and offensively imo and under could do at least as much..  He'll start on wednesday.

Yeah he will start on wednesday because he wont start 3 days after against Liverpool. having watched the  last 10 minutes where Madders and Barnes had not left any energy to run anymore but not been substituted lowered my respect for Rogers. He seems careless for the bench  in order not to lower down on morale of his favorites.Not pitching Under even in the last 10 minutes can not be explained as "defensively not readiness". "Wednesday is different day" is not a motivational saying for Under. Under already proved himself on Wednesdays and Thursdays. "Wednesday is another day" is said as an excuse from Brendan Rogers to Under, he is aware of his  wrong selection. But I guess Leicester dont have financials to buy a 24 million euro right winger without selling ayoze perez. 

Guest Underfan
3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

No one fan boy is obsessed by him yet claims to be a leicester fan. Most sensible leicesrer fans get it.

I am interested in Leicester City just for the reason that Cengiz plays here. Do you have any problem with that ? As obvious from my name, I have no intentions to hide it therefore you dont need to utter clever words such as " sensible fans get it".  Not being so visional, you can not envisage the  potantial millions of other people around the world wearing leicester city  jerseys thanks to Cengiz Under one day. As for sensible fans,  they also get that football is unfortunately an addictive manipulative capitalist industry where  players are sometimes merely slaves. As in our case where Leicester City is currently a  slave owner up untill  Cengiz's option is activated. Yeah i am a fan boy of cengiz, I know and adore his story, ı like his moves. So what is your case against me, Why the Face ?

11 minutes ago, Underfan said:

I am interested in Leicester City just for the reason that Cengiz plays here. Do you have any problem with that ? As obvious from my name, I have no intentions to hide it therefore you dont need to utter clever words such as " sensible fans get it".  Not being so visional, you can not envisage the  potantial millions of other people around the world wearing leicester city  jerseys thanks to Cengiz Under one day. As for sensible fans,  they also get that football is unfortunately an addictive manipulative capitalist industry where  players are sometimes merely slaves. As in our case where Leicester City is currently a  slave owner up untill  Cengiz's option is activated. Yeah i am a fan boy of cengiz, I know and adore his story, ı like his moves. So what is your case against me, Why the Face ?

You called him a slave?

21 minutes ago, Underfan said:

ooooo cengiz fwwwiiiieeend