Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

He does make the effort to tackle when opposition players are around him, i dont think it's because he's not mentally involved in the defensive aspect of the game, it's more that he lacks the fitness to maintain the defensive intensity that Rodgers wants from his players for 70-90 minutes. The effort is definitely there though and i would actually say he seems more defensively aware than barnes to me.

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He'd have made Mahrez the best player in the league again I reckon. He has a knack for getting the best out of talented players; Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge (!), Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison. And Mahrez is one of the most talented out there. But he wouldn't have been able to stop him leaving, just like he couldn't stop Suarez leaving either.

...but how would Mahrez had faired, having to track back!!!

21 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

He doesn’t work hard enough, simple as that. When Ricardo looks shagged there’s no way we’re bringing Under on when Traore, Neto and Silva were dangerous on the break, you’ll always see Albrighton busting a gut to cover the full back. This guy just loses the ball and tries shots from 30 yards out every 2 mins 

Wheres the evidence he doesn't work hard enough? He tracks back and has won a number of tackles in his fleeting appearances here.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He does make the effort to tackle when opposition players are around him, i dont think it's because he's not mentally involved in the defensive aspect of the game, it's more that he lacks the fitness to maintain the defensive intensity that Rodgers wants from his players for 70-90 minutes. The effort is definitely there though and i would actually say he seems more defensively aware than barnes to me.

Agreed, but he doesn't even play him for those 20 minutes where he does have the fitness to do both.

Don't understand why this is much of an issue. He will likely play 90 mins on Wednesday, could play a big part next Thursday and the Thursday after. Rodgers obviously feels like he needs time to adapt to the PL and not going to argue with him on that even though I don't understand his insistence of playing perez. Rodgers has also changed his right wingers loads this season with each of praet, Albrighton and perez getting a run so it may just be about freshness. We could potentially have 25 games left this season so I'm sure he will get a chance. Just needs to be patient like cags in his first season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He'd have made Mahrez the best player in the league again I reckon. He has a knack for getting the best out of talented players; Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge (!), Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison. And Mahrez is one of the most talented out there. But he wouldn't have been able to stop him leaving, just like he couldn't stop Suarez leaving either.

Let’s get him back here lol 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...but how would Mahrez had faired, having to track back!!!

Every team maybe needs one luxury player. We had Mahrez and he was well worth it. The other players at the time provided the counterbalance for his lack of defensive abilities. Liverpool also have Salah, who aint great in a defensive role. 

I think we should try Under more. However, on his preferred right flank we can't have Albrighton behind him to cover as that disrupts our overall balance. Our full backs are supposed to be attacking outlets rather than being defensive hard-core players like Danny Simpson.   So I think this is a general problem that Brendan, quite understandably is finding it difficult to solve. 

Definitely play Under though in the Brighton cup game as an off-centre attacking threat, replacing Perez and see how we go. 

2 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Every team maybe needs one luxury player. We had Mahrez and he was well worth it. The other players at the time provided the counterbalance for his lack of defensive abilities. Liverpool also have Salah, who aint great in a defensive role. 

I think we should try Under more. However, on his preferred right flank we can't have Albrighton behind him to cover as that disrupts our overall balance. Our full backs are supposed to be attacking outlets rather than being defensive hard-core players like Danny Simpson.   So I think this is a general problem that Brendan, quite understandably is finding it difficult to solve. 

Definitely play Under though in the Brighton cup game as an off-centre attacking threat, replacing Perez and see how we go. 

.. not too sure I understand the Albrighton part!!!

It would be either or, if you had Albrighton behind him then Albrighton would be playing in defence.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

.. not too sure I understand the Albrighton part!!!

It would be either or, if you had Albrighton behind him then Albrighton would be playing in defence.

Yes, I agree but I couldn't think of another player who could back him up on the right side except for Perreira possibly, and I don't think that would give us enough cover.

2 minutes ago, sternenlicht said:

I wonder if similar arguments happen when Çağlar first joined the team and was mostly a sub. 

Yes, we were actually quite desperate to get another centre back but it never materialised for one reason or another, Caglar ended up getting a chance and the rest is history.

• Like 1

Just now, oxtonfox said:

Yes, I agree but I couldn't think of another player who could back him up on the right side except for Perreira possibly, and I don't think that would give us enough cover.

A speculative 4-1-3-2    to accommodate Under for the game,          

Vardy/Nacho, Under  

Barnes Mads/Tielemans Albrighton

Hamza/Mendy/Wilf 

Justin/Thomas Fuchs Caglar Ricardo  

Ward/Schmiechel 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Underfan said:

Thanks for English Football 101 lesson.  It is sth special of mine, I can't like people laughing at other's comments and mocking all the time.

Back on topic, why should only Cengiz be great in offence and good on defense to start, while i can clearly see there are some starters who are quiet mediocre on both.

Cengiz Under has 4 months left in Leicester and he must be ready for EURO 2020 therefore I might also be a little impatient. Therefore some fans started to get annoyed of me, therefore ı will quit posting for a while.

You are a lucky team you have a gem of a player, soon or later you all will be a fan of Cengiz Under.

46 posts into your FT career and this is already at least the 2nd time you've declared you're taking a break because you don't like the hard truths being told to you.  But everyone else are the childish ones and you're the only one "man enough"?  What.

Guest Underfan
2 hours ago, KFS said:

Leicester City are third in the Premier League mate. We cannot afford to play a player just because he’s got the Euros coming up. Call it a bad move by the agent or our club, but Dan has it spot on above; when you have Neto shagging your star right back on live television it’s not time to bring on a tricky winger who’s not going to help him out.

Brendan did the right thing yesterday Albrighton’s ball into Vardy nearly won us the game.

Make the distinction between club and player objectives. You won’t get people caring about Cengiz Under’s personal goals all the while you’re on a forum about our team mate. I’m sorry.

As for your remarks that  Cengiz Under’s personal goals not cares you, mark my words, these comments of yours will be monument of your travesty because  those goals will care you so so much.

Edited by Underfan
Misunderstanding

As football fans, we are drawn to the glamorous skill moves etc and his goals, but BR obviously thinks a lot more is missing. I have to admit, apart from some skill moves, and his goals, there's a lot that doesn't come off when better options were available. 

He's like the outcome of a Mahrez and Ghazzel cocktail with sprinkles of Gray.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Underfan
1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

46 posts into your FT career and this is already at least the 2nd time you've declared you're taking a break because you don't like the hard truths being told to you.  But everyone else are the childish ones and you're the only one "man enough"?  What.

I an not a fan of an English team, i am a Fenerbahce fan. i wondered why i cant see Cengiz on the pitch.  i read your forums and seen some baseless commentaries and signed up to state my opinions. Most fans belive in Cengiz but some hsve stated undeserved words. I know Cengiz better than your majority. I made my point and really not intend to stay longer but just for the fun of seeing some posters shame after Cengiz's pergormance i decided to extend my stay.

4 hours ago, Underfan said:

This forum is full of sarcastic guys and a particular white supremacist racist one (which is away for a long time dont know maybe banned or not) . I am quiet sure that Real Madrid forums are full of player fans. But most of them are not man enough as me. They can be in disguise under nicknames related with madrid. Why is it so strange for you ? Hope one day teams were not allowed to buy and sell players and play ınly their home growned man otherwise get accustommed to player fans when you transfer super talents abroad.

I may have missed something, who is the Forum White Supremacist? 

Guest Underfan

It was some one with 6000+ posts, wont mention his name was his post deleted by admin or himself.

Edited by Underfan

35 minutes ago, Underfan said:

" Neto shagging my star !" what happened to your English Football Fans' pride, team spirit.  Is my adoration for one of your players such a concern that you started to hate one of your team players. Why didnt leicester players exploited in the  huge uncovered space behind NETO and shagged Wolves than.

As for your remarks that  Cengiz Under’s personal goals not cares you, mark my words, these comments of yours will be monument of your travesty because  those goals will care you so so much.

PS: I dont like your use vulgar  words online. Also It is nonesonse to speak imperative online which I am sure is not your suit to be in real life.

Ok mate, I’m going to stick you on ignore because you’re being overly emotional and reactionary now to words rather than points being made.

We’d love Under to be a success in our team but not at the expense of Leicester City. Enjoy yourself on here mate.

59 minutes ago, Underfan said:

I think you have ,made your point.  I agree with soemof what you are saying about Cenghis but you are being repetitive.

37 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

I may have missed something, who is the Forum White Supremacist? 

There was a nasty racist comment a few days ago.  The mods were impressively quick to remove it.  I think the term you quote is strong but it is an inference that could easily be drawn.