Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cengiz Signs!

26 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Today was not the day for Ùnder. I'm fully of the opinion that he deserves more minutes and that he has done fairly well when he has played but with the threat that Neto and Johnny were posing down that side, we needed someone to help out Ricardo. 

Hamza was already doubling up on Traore with JJ so it needed to come from the right wing and Únder doesn't offer enough defensively. Not to say he is bad defensively but if out winger options, he offers the least. 

Agreed that Perez should never have started but it shouldn't have been Únder either. Albrighton should have started. 

@Underfan you talk about Maddison and Barnes being kept on because the are favourites... No. They were kept on because they have proven themselves time and time again as dependable and reliable.

I couldn’t agree with you more Foxy

• Thanks 2

Guest Underfan
Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

You called him a slave?

Yeah, I called him a slave. He is transferred as an help to leverage Brendan's defensive tactics incase of an emergy, because if it werent for Cengiz who would Brendan substitute in when Leiecster is in need of a goal. A veteran player could do same why buying young prospects when it is obvious he wont play even though current right wingers are quiet average.

9 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Yeah, I called him a slave. He is transferred as an help to leverage Brendan's defensive tactics incase of an emergy, because if it werent for Cengiz who would Brendan substitute in when Leiecster is in need of a goal. A veteran player could do same why buying young prospects when it is obvious he wont play even though current right wingers are quiet average.

What? You literally JUST slammed Rodgers for NOT bringing on Únder when we needed a goal now you are saying he is a slave because he's only there to bring on when we need a goal?! 

You're contradicting yourself to try and win the argument. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Slaves don't generally get well paid. I understand your passion, but you're being as one-eyed as some of our fans are about some of the players they decide aren't good enough.

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We could possibly give so e weight to Rodgers' words.  Albrighton has been praised a lot for his contribution -personally, I would have rather he had started the game.  Fro  what Rodgers says, Cenghis is being worked with.  When he says, 'he is not so accustomed to', I assume that is an area that is being worked on at the trainjng ground.  Mh hunch is that we will see more of hi  soon.

Guest Underfan
Just now, KFS said:

Can you imagine going onto Real Madrid’s forum to defend Michael Owen? Lol me either 

This forum is full of sarcastic guys and a particular white supremacist racist one (which is away for a long time dont know maybe banned or not) . I am quiet sure that Real Madrid forums are full of player fans. But most of them are not man enough as me. They can be in disguise under nicknames related with madrid. Why is it so strange for you ? Hope one day teams were not allowed to buy and sell players and play ınly their home growned man otherwise get accustommed to player fans when you transfer super talents abroad.

The bit i struggle with is he was brought in to give us cutting edge in tight games....... Yet yesterday he wasn't used in a tight game. I think he is quite capable of playing in a ten position, I probably would have taken Madders off or taken Barnes off and have Under and Kevin swap flanks. I think Brendan still makes bizarre decisions from time to time, and I must admit I am slightly surprised he didn't use Under yesterday. 

• Like 3

Guest Underfan
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Slaves don't generally get well paid. I understand your passion, but you're being as one-eyed as some of our fans are about some of the players they decide aren't good enough.

Players are no different than slaves, they are bought and sold and told not to dribble not to hold ball too much, play tiki taka, not to score for the risk of getting one in, defense for the sake of an opportunity goal. Professional football is nothing you can demand from a human unless you pay. This is my opinion. Calling people one-eyed is a childish demeanor on you.

I don't get it, I really don't. I honestly don't know what right winger we'll get that will come and give us the protection Albrighton supposedly gives us and the goals and assists that that side is lacking.

Albrighton has been good this season but Ünder should be be used far more than he is. Barnes needs resting, I'd have taken him off after 65/70 yesterday and got Ünder on, either playing wide left or put Albrighton there and Ünder on the other wing. The net effect is still the same as Barnes defensive capabilities are no better than Ünder's. I said when we signed Cengo that he actually wins the ball back a fair bit (stats back that up i think) and yet Rodgers claims he isn't known for his defensive contribution. Just smacks of a player not being integrated in to the squad properly and with him being on loan and possibly taking up a large chunk of next seasons budget, its been easy to keep him at arms length.

We will have the same problem again though, we are in to the crux of the season and we are relying on an abysmal Ayoze Perez and Albrighton to try and give us that missing spark in a stretch of games where goals have really dried up. If we miss the boat again for the top 4 then I'm not sure how we can keep accepting it.

• Like 3

Another quiz for the LCFC fans...

What  percentage of the goals we have conceded came from well praised right flank?

I can remember a few...

Love to see the stats on that and find out how well our samurai Sharky defending our right corridor?

I would seriously question the every single person who argued that Cengiz have had treated fairly and received an equal opportunity. C'mon,  people may change their opinion but almost half of the LCFC fans here on this forum worse than crafty belly dancers. The very same group of people calling Madders a movie star and cursing him for taking every set pieces and every 47 out 100 fans wanted him to leave beginning of this season.

The same group of people also stating that Thanks God we have Unders, now having complete U turn.

Seriously???

Most of you guys here for the good time not for the long, healthy and stable time.

I will be keep monitoring those belly dancers comments if we'll going thru a bit if a rough patch(God forbid) in near future.

In the meantime, I will not write, reply or comment anymore about it  as this topic has turned into a well overused  old chewing gum.

Let's see, what will happen next?

Edited by kiwiturk
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Underfan said:

Players are no different than slaves, they are bought and sold and told not to dribble not to hold ball too much, play tiki taka, not to score for the risk of getting one in, defense for the sake of an opportunity goal. Professional football is nothing you can demand from a human unless you pay. This is my opinion. Calling people one-eyed is a childish demeanor on you.

Calling a highly paid footballer a slave is........beyond childish. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Underfan said:

This forum is full of sarcastic guys and a particular white supremacist racist one (which is away for a long time dont know maybe banned or not) . I am quiet sure that Real Madrid forums are full of player fans. But most of them are not man enough as me. They can be in disguise under nicknames related with madrid. Why is it so strange for you ? Hope one day teams were not allowed to buy and sell players and play ınly their home growned man otherwise get accustommed to player fans when you transfer super talents abroad.

Half of what you have said here is irrelevant/ doesn’t make sense, but I’ll humour you with a response anyway.

In England we’re passionate about our club and no one player is bigger than the crest on the shirt. That’s why so many of us on this thread don’t give a shit if Under plays or not as long as we’re winning. We’ve got a history with Mahrez fans, so you’re not being singled out. We just find it bizarre someone would follow a player around and demand things like playing time, transfer etc while our side has risen meteorically doing it their own way. 

Back on topic, I’ve defended him many times and believe that he’s part of a longer term plan, he’s just bedding in and getting to know our tactics and way of playing. As a team fighting for top four in an unforgiving league, we can’t afford to have players lose the ball

and not to do the recovery work. He has to learn that and won’t play in the league until he does.

Many of us see his talent but the truth is, you’d rather this happen to your boy than the attacks he would get from Leicester fans if he didn’t do his part in our team, trust me. In a way this is Brendan protecting him.

• Haha 1

Has to get a start against Brighton ... I'm confident if we go far in the Europa and FA Cup that we'll get a chance to see what Under can really offer

I'm still under the opinion that we could do better in the summers market, but then again, it's hard to judge on the little we've seen of him.... I just hope when given the chance he plays with a level head and makes the right decisions... what I have seen of him, apart from the early season assists for Vardy, he seems to like going for the spectacular and very few will come off. I reckon he'll get 10 games between now and the end of the season minimum to prove his worth so lets see what he can do

11 hours ago, chapero82 said:

Imagine if BR was here when Mahrez was lol 

He'd have made Mahrez the best player in the league again I reckon. He has a knack for getting the best out of talented players; Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge (!), Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison. And Mahrez is one of the most talented out there. But he wouldn't have been able to stop him leaving, just like he couldn't stop Suarez leaving either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Today was not the day for Ùnder. I'm fully of the opinion that he deserves more minutes and that he has done fairly well when he has played but with the threat that Neto and Johnny were posing down that side, we needed someone to help out Ricardo. 

Hamza was already doubling up on Traore with JJ so it needed to come from the right wing and Únder doesn't offer enough defensively. Not to say he is bad defensively but if out winger options, he offers the least. 

Agreed that Perez should never have started but it shouldn't have been Únder either. Albrighton should have started. 

@Underfan you talk about Maddison and Barnes being kept on because the are favourites... No. They were kept on because they have proven themselves time and time again as dependable and reliable.

Sorry, side tracking a bit, but I understand why Perez started over Albrighton: Rodgers probably saw that Nachos works better with more central forward players around him (which I agree) and so he had both Maddison and Perez up there occasionally with him. And you can see that Perez drifted towards the center a lot yesterday. I have to say, Nachos does look more lively when that happens. If Albrighton started, Nachos would play lone striker again chasing long balls which is not his game. So when he decided to bring Albrighton on, he also brought Vardy on. The same actually in my opinion if Perez plays striker role.

Question to me is therefore, if Nachos starts, can also Under start instead of Perez complimenting Nachos? I do not know. But the best case attacking wise is to have Nachos play together with Perez as two front forwards and have Under also play on the right wing. This would mean though dropping one of Maddison, Tielemans and Hamza, which is always difficult for BR because as we know he would never give up a central defensive midfielder and Tielemans is a must. So in a way, Under is a bit stuck because of Rodgers’ defensively minded tactics.0

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Guest Underfan
Just now, KFS said:

Half of what you have said here is irrelevant/ doesn’t make sense, but I’ll humour you with a response anyway.

In England we’re passionate about our club and no one player is bigger than the crest on the shirt. That’s why so many of us on this thread don’t give a shit if Under plays or not as long as we’re winning. We’ve got a history with Mahrez fans, so you’re not being singled out. We just find it bizarre someone would follow a player around and demand things like playing time, transfer etc while our side has risen meteorically doing it their own way. 

Back on topic, I’ve defended him many times and believe that he’s part of a longer term plan, he’s just bedding in and getting to know our tactics and way of playing. As a team fighting for top four in an unforgiving league, we can’t afford to have players lose the ball

and not to do the recovery work. He has to learn that and won’t play in the league until he does.

Many of us see his talent but the truth is, you’d rather this happen to your boy than the attacks he would get from Leicester fans if he didn’t do his part in our team, trust me. In a way this is Brendan protecting him.

Thanks for English Football 101 lesson.  It is sth special of mine, I can't like people laughing at other's comments and mocking all the time.

Back on topic, why should only Cengiz be great in offence and good on defense to start, while i can clearly see there are some starters who are quiet mediocre on both.

Cengiz Under has 4 months left in Leicester and he must be ready for EURO 2020 therefore I might also be a little impatient. Therefore some fans started to get annoyed of me, therefore ı will quit posting for a while.

You are a lucky team you have a gem of a player, soon or later you all will be a fan of Cengiz Under.

7 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Sorry, side tracking a bit, but I understand why Perez started over Albrighton: Rodgers probably saw that Nachos works better with more central forward players around him (which I agree) and so he had both Maddison and Perez up there occasionally with him. And you can see that Perez drifted towards the center a lot yesterday. I have to say, Nachos does look more lively when that happens. If Albrighton started, Nachos would play lone striker again chasing long balls which is not his game. So when he decided to bring Albrighton on, he also brought Vardy on. The same actually in my opinion the same if Perez plays striker role.

Question to me is therefore, if Nachos starts, can also Under starts instead of Perez complimenting Nachos. I do not know. But the best case attacking wise is to have Nachos play together with Perez as two front forwards and have Under also play on the right wing. This would mean though dropping one of Maddison, Tielemans and Hamza, which is always difficult for BR because as we know he would never give up a central defensive midfielder. So in a way, Under is a bit stuck because of Rodgers’ defensively minded tactics.0

I think you're right with regards to Nacho needing people around him. I think yesterday, that burden should have been on Maddison to get closer to him. 

I think the only way you could have had Ùnder on the pitch is if Hamza doubled up on Neto with Ricardo and Barnes fell back to help JJ with Traore witch would have left Únder to offer an attacking threat. 

Instead he went with the opposite, leaving Barnes as the spare man which is hardly surprising given his recent form. 

He doesn’t work hard enough, simple as that. When Ricardo looks shagged there’s no way we’re bringing Under on when Traore, Neto and Silva were dangerous on the break, you’ll always see Albrighton busting a gut to cover the full back. This guy just loses the ball and tries shots from 30 yards out every 2 mins 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3